young mum

Old May 12th 2006, 10:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: young mum

Originally Posted by Grayling
Do you actually mean that girls actually have sex and get pregnant in Australia?

I thought that they did not do "that sort of thing" but played with dolls until they were at least 20 and then became teachers or nurses.

G

Last edited by jad n rich; May 12th 2006 at 10:33 am.
Old May 12th 2006, 10:22 am
BE Enthusiast

lollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond reputelollyno1 has a reputation beyond repute

just going back to threads about what 10/11/12 (for example) get up to...

when my youngest son was 11 (14 now) the teacher at parents evening was saying how immuture he was...and did i know that he actually still played with...wait for it...TOY CARS she mentioned nothing of the fact that he had attained level 5 in his year 6 sats...

oh and im a single parent too...first child at 17...not married, not with father... second child 15 years later...still single parent..different father...never been on benefits..worked crappy jobs...went to college...got degree...now a primary school teacher...

oh and son still plays with cars...only on the computer now..
Old May 13th 2006, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

kista will become famous soon enoughkista will become famous soon enough

i'm 16 and the thought of having a kid EVER scares the sh*t out of me!!!!!!!

a girl in my year (chav of course) is about 5 months pregnant and as she says 'it was my birthday from my boyfriend, getting pregnant'

i'd love to know how long she expects her mates and her boyfriend stand by her for.

although having said that, my cousin got his girlfriend pregnant when he was 17 and she was 15. he did the right thing and stood by her, got a job and helped etc, now it it turns out he's the one who looks after his daughter the most, as his girlfriend doesn't really give a crap. None of the family condone the situation, but we are proud of the way he's reacted, he could have walked away, but he's now got a beautiful 1 year old daughter.

i couldn't do it though!!!!!

kim
Old May 13th 2006, 1:08 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kista
i'm 16 and the thought of having a kid EVER scares the sh*t out of me!!!!!!!

a girl in my year (chav of course) is about 5 months pregnant and as she says 'it was my birthday from my boyfriend, getting pregnant'

i'd love to know how long she expects her mates and her boyfriend stand by her for.

although having said that, my cousin got his girlfriend pregnant when he was 17 and she was 15. he did the right thing and stood by her, got a job and helped etc, now it it turns out he's the one who looks after his daughter the most, as his girlfriend doesn't really give a crap. None of the family condone the situation, but we are proud of the way he's reacted, he could have walked away, but he's now got a beautiful 1 year old daughter.

i couldn't do it though!!!!!

kim
That's good to hear. Thank you
Old May 13th 2006, 1:44 am
Forum Regular

Cam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud ofCam1977 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
No, it says England and Wales is 28.4 per 1,000.

I added the Scotland figures to reach a total for the UK. Now I've just realised that I should have added Northern Ireland as well (somehow managed to miss it the first time around!) which pushes the total up to a staggering 79.2.

The figure, by the way, is not a percentage; it's the number pf pregnancies per 1,000 females aged 15-19.

If it was a percentage, we'd know all about it! :scared:
Vash, as you say the numbers are per 1,000 so if you add three together you get the total per 3,000. You need to divide that number by three to get a UK figure of 26.4
Old May 13th 2006, 4:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Bella Donna]Interestingly, a study published this week shows that the US has the second highest newborn mortality rate - attributed in part to the high rate of teenage pregnancies which frequently lead to lower birthweight babies, and prematurities.

Check out the USA board for more details, including the fact that America includes newborns dying of congenital abnormalities, which other places would not include in their stats....there's a link on that thread (i dont know how to insert a link - sorry).
Old May 13th 2006, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

kista will become famous soon enoughkista will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by moneypen20
That's good to hear. Thank you

you've completely lost me

the blondeness is starting to show again
Old May 13th 2006, 9:00 am
sneaking a peek ...

Tiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond reputeTiggs+Graz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
The situation become even more ludicrous when you realise that the government does not require health workers to report known cases of underage sex.
If health workers were obliged to report offences (such as underage sex) then the kids involved would simply not go to them when they need their help.
To me this would be more of a problem. Where would these kids go instead? Surely society SHOULD be encouraging children to seek professional help when they require it - and if assuring them of confidentiality increases the number who feel they can seek help then that can only be a good thing.

Adele
Old May 13th 2006, 9:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tiggs+Graz
If health workers were obliged to report offences (such as underage sex) then the kids involved would simply not go to them when they need their help.
To me this would be more of a problem. Where would these kids go instead? Surely society SHOULD be encouraging children to seek professional help when they require it - and if assuring them of confidentiality increases the number who feel they can seek help then that can only be a good thing.

Adele

I agree as most health workers try to convince the teenagers to tell their parents in any case, as it is always best in the long run . Their hands are tied which ever way society looks at it. Dammed if you do help dammed if you dont.
Mandy