Wikiposts

young mum

Old May 11th 2006, 7:54 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: young mum

Originally Posted by Vanessa
WTF is a young girl of 11 doing out drinking etc. Also where does she get the money to buy enough tobacco to smoke 20 a day? The quote about her proud mother looking on really got me. The parents should be prosecuted for neglect!
Totally agree Vanessa - I couldn't even afford to smoke 20 a day. So so sad. Have her parents made any comment? I also agree that the parents should be prosecuted for neglect. Surely it's like slowly killing your own child by allowing them to drink and smoke !!! Isn't that manslaughter or something.

I've a friend is bringing up her grandchild who suffers from Fetal Alcohol Syndrome and her story is just so so sad. Her daughter (in her 20s) has had 2 children like this and just doesn't give a t**s. Granted, she lives in the US but it's happening here too...My BIL and SIL have had lots of trouble conceiving and considered adoption but the only children they were able to adopt (in Glasgow) were sufferers of FAS.

Just before you go here's a "great" one liner from my niece, which goes a long way to prove what I personally believe to be bad parenting......Niece was in the car with my folks last week and Dad apparently was stropping about something. Niece pipes up to my Mum "He's got that f*****g face on again Gran" I've not heard my Mum say a swear word my entire life so I know it didn't come from her :scared:

We live in a sad world there days guys. I'm just glad that my own children will be brought up to know what's right and what's wrong. They'll be playing with there dolls as long as I can help it (and well into their 30s if there had gets his way )

Sorry chaps, got into a bit of a rant there. I'm off to play with some Lego and calm down
Old May 11th 2006, 7:55 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
The sad thing is that a few years down the road will her child be in a similar position
Nah, Vash will have culled tham all by then.
Old May 11th 2006, 7:56 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Old May 11th 2006, 8:01 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

brilliant post !!

it all goes back to respect

if that poor little girl (obviously) doesnt respect herself then she wont respect this baby she is going to have

you just have to feel sorry for her not being taught right from wrong

i never thought of it being classed as manslaughter but it is isnt it

its wrong!!

jan xx
Old May 11th 2006, 8:03 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
LOL

jan xx
Old May 11th 2006, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm probably going to upset a few people here, but here goes anyway.

Speaking from experience it's not always the mothers fault. I agree that 11 is way too young to be a mum, and that this girl should not be able to go out drinking. But parents don't always know what their kids are up to, you can't watch them 24/7.

Some of the things I did at 12 / 13 would have sent my Mum and Dad mental had they known about them, but they didn't know and only found out when I told them quite a few years later.

Also this "council house" mentality theory doesn't always apply. True I grew up on a council estate with a really bad reputation, but my Mum wasn't a bad influence on me and my Dad was actually very strict. I had a 12 o'clock curfew when I was 19 and actually out earning a living!

As some of you already know I was 15 when my son was born, this doesn't make me a slapper. I was in a very long standing relationship with his Dad and we both wanted to have him.

It was hard work, but we raised our son in a responsible manner and he is now a very well rounded, sensible young man with a brilliant future ahead of him. Just because I was young when he was born, doesn't mean that he was going to go out and get the first girl he met pregnant.

So while I don't necessarily agree on an 11 year old getting pregnant, I don't think anyone should judge this girl or her mother as we only know the "facts" that the paper states. Which we all know are not the actual facts at all and just the Sun's way of selling papers.
Old May 11th 2006, 8:10 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

First I heard of this story. Glad I didnt post a thread about it ..phew..how stuuuupid would I look.
Old May 11th 2006, 8:12 pm
Life's a gamble

Suni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond reputeSuni&Jay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seang
First I heard of this story. Glad I didnt post a thread about it ..phew..how stuuuupid would I look.
LOL Just read your thread
Old May 11th 2006, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

I know
Old May 11th 2006, 8:16 pm
one day rodders !!!

Originally Posted by WendyC

As some of you already know I was 15 when my son was born, this doesn't make me a slapper. I was in a very long standing relationship with his Dad and we both wanted to have him.

It was hard work, but we raised our son
as you said you were in a long standing relationship
you found it hard at 15 imagine being 11/12
also your parents gave you values (obviously) and you have passed them on to your son

i am not saying that you cant do a good job just because you are young mum but it was some of the comments made

and yes your right maybe we should all reserve judgement as the papers do have a way of twisting the truth

i was 19 when i had my first and still to this day say i was too young

i appologise for jumping to conclusions but would also like to state i havent stereotyped anyone and still think she is too young to be drinking, smoking and having sex

jan xx
Old May 11th 2006, 8:22 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

All her mates will be sooooooooooo jealous
Old May 11th 2006, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point

All her mates will be sooooooooooo jealous
It'll be a new fashion

******g sad.
Old May 11th 2006, 8:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by robos
as you said you were in a long standing relationship
you found it hard at 15 imagine being 11/12
also your parents gave you values (obviously) and you have passed them on to your son

i am not saying that you cant do a good job just because you are young mum but it was some of the comments made

and yes your right maybe we should all reserve judgement as the papers do have a way of twisting the truth

i was 19 when i had my first and still to this day say i was too young

i appologise for jumping to conclusions but would also like to state i havent stereotyped anyone and still think she is too young to be drinking, smoking and having sex

jan xx

I took offence at the comment Vash made really.

Why can't we cull these people? They're an absolute waste of human DNA
I was pointing out that sometimes, we are not all a waste of space and that just because we grew up on a council estate, with little money, had kids early etc etc, doesn't mean that we are a waste of space. I am extremely proud of both myself and my son.

I have never had a penny of welfare money, I have worked since leaving school or my husband has earned our wages while I had time out with my youngest.

So Jan I wasn't really aiming it at you, but to those that think they are so much more superior than me.

Sorry Vash, I like you and quite often agree with you, but that comment has really upset me.
Old May 11th 2006, 8:30 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WendyC
I'm probably going to upset a few people here, but here goes anyway.

Speaking from experience it's not always the mothers fault. I agree that 11 is way too young to be a mum, and that this girl should not be able to go out drinking. But parents don't always know what their kids are up to, you can't watch them 24/7.

Some of the things I did at 12 / 13 would have sent my Mum and Dad mental had they known about them, but they didn't know and only found out when I told them quite a few years later.

Also this "council house" mentality theory doesn't always apply. True I grew up on a council estate with a really bad reputation, but my Mum wasn't a bad influence on me and my Dad was actually very strict. I had a 12 o'clock curfew when I was 19 and actually out earning a living!

It was hard work, but we raised our son in a responsible manner and he is now a very well rounded, sensible young man with a brilliant future ahead of him. Just because I was young when he was born, doesn't mean that he was going to go out and get the first girl he met pregnant.

So while I don't necessarily agree on an 11 year old getting pregnant, I don't think anyone should judge this girl or her mother as we only know the "facts" that the paper states. Which we all know are not the actual facts at all and just the Sun's way of selling papers.
This is what I was trying to say - you don`t have to come from a council estate to have a kid on drink, drugs pregnant etc. However a lot of it comes down to parenting and outside influences. I used to work in the Benefits Agency and you knew that a lot of these kids would be our customers in a few years time, at the same time we also saw some who were trying bloody hard to turn their lives around and give their kids a better chance in life. Is it a case of society in general deteriorating or were we just not so aware of the problems??
Old May 11th 2006, 8:30 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Of course it does not happen in Australia does it?

http://www.youthfacts.com.au/index.p...id=223&op=page

G
http://nobelprize.org/medicine/educa.../readmore.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.