Are you a snob?

Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:39 pm
Account Closed

stevenglish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Are you a snob?

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Why? If you enjoy one thing and not another, why should you give up both things if you don't have to? Not arguing on Hutch's behalf - he's big enough and probably ugly enough to do that himself, just interested Unless you're just in wind up mode of course in which case I couldn't care less
From what he's said before, anyone who's got any gripe at all with Australia or the way things are done here is a snob. He clearly doesn't think the TV is up to much here, so all I'm saying is pots and kettles. not in wind up mode at all, haven't got one of them
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:41 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Why? If you enjoy one thing and not another, why should you give up both things if you don't have to? Not arguing on Hutch's behalf - he's big enough and probably ugly enough to do that himself, just interested Unless you're just in wind up mode of course in which case I couldn't care less
I'd like to apportion the same logic to mint sauce & Old Speckled Hen. I love Australia, I hate their sickly sweet mint jelly & most of the beer, I can get both products that I miss here so why not indulge myself in a nice tangy Colemans sauce & a lovely pint of OSH now & again?
Why not indeed he says wondering off to the fridge for another bottle of OSH...........................................
After all it's hard work looking after a sick spouse

Oh & for the record is Hutch really ugly........anyone?
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by stevenglish
From what he's said before, anyone who's got any gripe at all with Australia or the way things are done here is a snob. He clearly doesn't think the TV is up to much here, so all I'm saying is pots and kettles. not in wind up mode at all, haven't got one of them

I dont read many threads AT all now but I would call the 'gripers' something other than snobs!!

The telly is as shite as it was before... thats why I never watched much of it at all!!
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:46 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I think that's the interesting thing about forums. Depending on your personal attitude both to your previous life in the UK and your current life in Aus, together with a personal instinct about a particular poster, you can 'read' what someone writes in a completely different way to someone else.

If you read his blog (I am his blog stalker ) he often rubbishes certain Australian habits/rules/attitudes etc. As far as I know (I don't stalk him constantly ) he has never stated that anyone with any gripe is a snob and he has never said Aus is the be all and end all. I read his OP as a moan about people who have to look down their noses at the Australian way because they are British and as such believe the British way to be superior. You read it differently. C'est la vie
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by WelshSarah
I dont read many threads AT all now but I would call the 'gripers' something other than snobs!!

The telly is as shite as it was before... thats why I never watched much of it at all!!
I haven't even got an arial plugged in, keep forgetting to buy a paper tho. Has Obama taken over from Clinton yet?

Personally, anything I can't get here that I did in the Uk, I just live without. Makes life alot easier and happier that way I reckon. I most certainly don't think gripers are snobs, I think the word snob has been used totally out of context by someone who epitimises the word on this thread.

Last edited by stevenglish; Jan 20th 2009 at 11:55 pm. Reason: oops, that made for different reading
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:55 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I'd like to apportion the same logic to mint sauce & Old Speckled Hen. I love Australia, I hate their sickly sweet mint jelly & most of the beer, I can get both products that I miss here so why not indulge myself in a nice tangy Colemans sauce & a lovely pint of OSH now & again?
Why not indeed he says wondering off to the fridge for another bottle of OSH...........................................
After all it's hard work looking after a sick spouse

Oh & for the record is Hutch really ugly........anyone?
I've seen a pic - he doesn't rock my boat but presumably his wife, mother, father and son think him the dogs bowlocks
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

I think that's the interesting thing about forums. Depending on your personal attitude both to your previous life in the UK and your current life in Aus, together with a personal instinct about a particular poster, you can 'read' what someone writes in a completely different way to someone else.

If you read his blog (I am his blog stalker ) he often rubbishes certain Australian habits/rules/attitudes etc. As far as I know (I don't stalk him constantly ) he has never stated that anyone with any gripe is a snob and he has never said Aus is the be all and end all. I read his OP as a moan about people who have to look down their noses at the Australian way because they are British and as such believe the British way to be superior. You read it differently. C'est la vie
He may not have stated that in his blog but it's pretty much exactly what he states on his threads. Perhaps the blokes got a split personality, hope springs eternal that one of em's a decent one
Old Jan 21st 2009, 7:00 am
Account Closed

My apologies if some of my replies were on the abbrasive side last night, in my defence I was a bit pished. Sorry all
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:16 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a hard time looking down on anyone for anything... one of the issues of being only just over 5 foot

Em x
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:25 am
Account Closed

Any way Hutch my old mate, if you so far remove yourself from anything English/British, what's with the whole 'how to watch british TV in Oz' thing in your signature? Time to let go and deal with the fact that you're in oz man, go on cut them ties, you know you can
He leaves it in there for others to be fair! He doesnt need it for himself obviously! .. Hutch may not be mainstream (whatever the hell that means! ) and aside from his very unique way of putting things across (), I have always found him incredibly helpful over lots of different things and he has def helped me out in the past!

Just thought I'd mention it

Em x
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:28 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by emelems
I have a hard time looking down on anyone for anything... one of the issues of being only just over 5 foot

Em x
shortarse
Old Jan 21st 2009, 8:41 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Grayling
shortarse

LOL!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:01 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
shortarse
No hope for me then because I don't even make the 5's!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:03 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by northernbird
I can look down my nose at you then, as well

G
Old Jan 21st 2009, 9:06 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
Ever thought of a career in midget wrestling?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.