Are you a snob?

Old Jan 21st 2009, 3:58 am
Oiiii.. You slaggg!

DunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond reputeDunRoaminTheUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you a snob?

Originally Posted by WelshSarah
Yes then it would aggresively open stores, srew the suppliers who will in turn have to reduce quality, keep the prices in line with the other 2 certainly not lower in the majority of cases and pay the shareholders very well!!
I'm being objective here when I state that I've found nothing to 'write home about' (wherever 'home' is these days?) when it comes to the quality of food from Coles and Woolies?

Conversely, the same was consistently true about the produce to be found in Tescos.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:02 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

I was shocked and astounded, by the way, to discover that there was no Fortnums or Harrods in Cairns. What kind of place is this?

And I have to pay super for my butler and maid!!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:08 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Burbage
I was shocked and astounded, by the way, to discover that there was no Fortnums or Harrods in Cairns. What kind of place is this?

Shocking!! What IS wrong with Al Fayed!!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

I know!! But I did find the Princes biccies in Macro, so my world has found some order again
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:12 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Daydreamer123
I know!! But I did find the Princes biccies in Macro, so my world has found some order again

I shall send the chauffeur there now!!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:14 am
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

I shall send the chauffeur there now!!
Just make sure you tell him to use the Rolls and not the Lamborghini. I've made that mistake before now.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

I must be a total snob for actually going into Macro anyways - oganic food not from a local store OMG
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Just make sure you tell him to use the Rolls and not the Lamborghini. I've made that mistake before now.

Bloody speed humps eh!!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:19 am
Demi-God

Bloody speed humps eh!!
The queue of children at the bus stop was the biggest problem. Luckily they were natives.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

The queue of children at the bus stop was the biggest problem. Luckily they were natives.

lol...
Old Jan 21st 2009, 4:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
At the moment Coles and Woolies have a cosy agreement amongst themselves not to compete too hard. That's the opinion of the Oz Consumer Commision
http://business.theage.com.au/busine...0805-3qj0.html

If a third party were to arrive, particularly one as skilled as Tesco, it would rip the heart out of that little agreement between Australia's big two.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...ermarkets.asda

Looks like they are at it all over the world eh!!
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:12 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
...because it IS especially bad in that respect. There is a deep seated belief in many Aussies that Australia really is better than everywhere else, at everything. If anything the UK has a tendency to run itself down more than is justified with many Brits now believing that the UK is better at nothing.

Opposite ends of the extreme.
I'd agree with the UK tendency to put itself down but don't agree that Aus is the worst at bigging itself up. IMO a few moronic media people may bang on about how great Aus is but without exception, every Australian I have had a conversation with, whilst being impressed that we've moved 12,000, is totally aware of the negatives of the country.

From the time I've spent with large number of Americans, I've found them, as an example of a nation, to be far more up themselves and their country than any other nationalities.
Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
It would make it better for me.
It wouldn't make it better for me, but it wouldn't make it worse, I would just avoid the place like the plague
Shocking!! What IS wrong with Al Fayed!!
Jeez, where do we start? I know it was rhetorical but that man :curse:
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:13 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Darling, that's terrible! Don't you have a David Jones food department in Cairns? Would you like me to send you a care package?

I can't believe this thread got so serious.

It's not that long since I left (July 2002) but I honestly can't remember much about living in the UK, so I can't and don't really compare it to Oz. A menopausal memory does have advantages after all.
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:44 am
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

OMG, I didn't realise that Tesco's was so good, I'll have to start shopping there!

I'll pop in just after going to M&S
Cooler
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:50 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.