Are you a snob?

Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:48 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Are you a snob?

You know, I've been checking out many of the threads on the forum today and it occurred to me that I was reading the outpourings of a load of snobs. The same old regulars, looking down their noses at all these horrible, inferior, lower class people, places and products in Van Diemens land.

So - you posters know who you are - put me straight. Are your musings the truth, or merely the high-pitched whining of a load of up 'emselves middle class little Englanders with too much time on their hands? Hmmm?

Old Jan 18th 2009, 5:55 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you a snob?

Originally Posted by Hutch
You know, I've been checking out many of the threads on the forum today and it occurred to me that I was reading the outpourings of a load of snobs. The same old regulars, looking down their noses at all these horrible, inferior, lower class people, places and products in Van Diemens land.

So - you posters know who you are - put me straight. Are your musings the truth, or merely the high-pitched whining of a load of up 'emselves middle class little Englanders with too much time on their hands? Hmmm?

I don't know who you could possibly be referring to
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:11 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Yep that's me

I'm definitely a snob when it comes to things Australian
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:11 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Name names and we can all tell you.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

sunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond reputesunbather has a reputation beyond repute

Or at least tell us which threads you're talking about. I don't have time to trawl through the pages finding the right ones. But I am happy to admit to being terribly nosey!
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

I think the loaded, emotive language you've used here says a lot more about your class (or lack thereof) than anybody else's.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond reputejond has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Hutch;7182585]You know, I've been checking out many of the threads on the forum today and it occurred to me that I was reading the outpourings of a load of snobs. The same old regulars, looking down their noses at all these horrible, inferior, lower class people, places and products in Van Diemens land.

I always thought that Van Diemens land was NZ.

You live and learn.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 6:57 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
I think the loaded, emotive language you've used here says a lot more about your class (or lack thereof) than anybody else's.
Yea, you're right, it was a loaded question - anyone with more than two brain cells to rub together, who spent more than five minutes reading this forum, would realise that many of the posters to whom I'm referring are, in fact, raging snobs.

Is there a national flag of Little England?
Old Jan 18th 2009, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Yep...sure am!!! Well thats what my sister called me last year, after we had a few heated words....and I wasnt just a 'SNOB'...i was a 'stuck up, f*****g SNOB!!!!"

Last edited by sj oldfield; Jan 18th 2009 at 9:34 am.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:12 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

No for the true meaning of the word - someone who thinks they are better than they are. Yes - I don't like to mix with people of a lower class or intellect
Old Jan 18th 2009, 9:28 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jond

You live and learn.
Van Diemens Land was a name used for Tasmania...but I haven't seen any threads about inferior Tassie products today.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 10:22 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vanessa
.... I don't like to mix with people of a lower .... intellect
If I thought like that I'd have no one to talk to
Old Jan 18th 2009, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jond;7182617]

You live and learn.
Or learn to live as the case may be.
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:14 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not but I know people who are, does that count I heard someone on the TV refer to all of Aus as Van Diemens Land the other day. It confused me slightly but as I'm hardly an expert on Australian history I let it go
Old Jan 18th 2009, 12:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Are your musings the truth, or merely the high-pitched whining of a load of up 'emselves middle class little Englanders with too much time on their hands? Hmmm?

Well, I know it's not me. I'm not English.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.