British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   You know you're no longer young when... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/you-know-youre-no-longer-young-when-811464/)

paulry Oct 16th 2013 9:18 am

Re: You know you're no longer young when...

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter (Post 10946323)
:lol:

Not you - you stank of smoke:p

:hysterical:

scrubbedexpat098 Oct 16th 2013 11:47 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 10946525)
:hysterical:

oi when I was 14 it was sohisticated :D

commonwealth Oct 19th 2013 1:19 am

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sGzntcIAQn...old+people.gif

scrubbedexpat098 Nov 10th 2013 11:10 pm

It's when your wife does Movember with you

jamesshaffer Nov 13th 2013 1:40 pm

You start telling to yourself "Ah, the youth... We were different at this age".
When the youth don't yield their seats in the bus, and you think they should have done that.

commonwealth Nov 15th 2013 9:36 am

Originally Posted by jamesshaffer (Post 10989336)
You start telling to yourself "Ah, the youth... We were different at this age".
When the youth don't yield their seats in the bus, and you think they should have done that.

i dont give up my seat unless you ask for it. or if your an oldie or preggie.

slammer Nov 15th 2013 12:03 pm

..when you can no longer get a job as soon as you get past the 50:frown:

spouse of scouse Nov 15th 2013 1:04 pm

You see this kid and wonder when hospitals started accepting high school students for work experience, only to find out that the kid is your consultant.

You're grumpy. Often. About queues, and potty mouthed teenagers, and hairdressers who pinch your 'me' time by telling you all about their boyfriends, and their girlfriends, and their mothers, and their night last night, and their night tonight.....and every third word is 'like'.

You have a backache, and you haven't done something fun to cause it.

The only thing you wore in your 30s that still fits you is your earrings.

The hair on your head gets finer, and thinner, and whiter, while you sprout thick black whiskers on your chin and lip.

The whiskers are long enough to plait before someone decides to tell you that you do, indeed, have whiskers.

You stop caring if catch your bloke having a quick perv at the stunner walking past, and just say 'in your dreams'.

You don't care what you look like when you dance, you just dance.

You realize that not everyone is going to like you or approve of you - and you also realize that you don't give a toss.

You realize that life is finite, and resolve to make the most of every day you have left.

:)

Dreamy Nov 16th 2013 6:13 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse (Post 10992639)
You're grumpy. Often. About queues, and potty mouthed teenagers, and hairdressers who pinch your 'me' time by telling you all about their boyfriends, and their girlfriends, and their mothers, and their night last night, and their night tonight.....and every third word is 'like'.

Last time I was at the hairdresser's, it was obviously a senior special day because the place was full of them. One of them sat in the chair, had the gown draped around her and said, looking the hairdresser full in the eye, 'I hope this isn't going to be another 'you' session when you bleat on about everything to do with your life - I don't have many opportunities left to talk about me.'

I almost wet myself.

spouse of scouse Nov 16th 2013 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Dreamy (Post 10993695)
Last time I was at the hairdresser's, it was obviously a senior special day because the place was full of them. One of them sat in the chair, had the gown draped around her and said, looking the hairdresser full in the eye, 'I hope this isn't going to be another 'you' session when you bleat on about everything to do with your life - I don't have many opportunities left to talk about me.'

I almost wet myself.

:lol: Good for her!

old.sparkles Nov 16th 2013 6:45 am

I almost wet myself.

You can't be that old then :lol:

Bernieboy Nov 16th 2013 10:44 am

I almost wet myself.

That's class:lol:

scottishcelts Nov 17th 2013 1:52 am

Originally Posted by old.sparkles (Post 10993714)
You can't be that old then :lol:

:rofl:

paulry Nov 17th 2013 6:01 am

...hair grows abundantly everywhere that you don't want it :eek:

old.sparkles Nov 17th 2013 6:02 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 10994690)
...hair grows abundantly everywhere that you don't want it :eek:

.....and doesn't grow where it should?