Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you are in Australia when...

You know you are in Australia when...

Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:25 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you are in Australia when...

Originally Posted by slapphead_otool
When people can burn poppies and no one dare even talk about it due to their religion you have extremist PC.

I havent seen THAT happen here, and I can confidently predict what would happen if it did.
I despair when I think about the path that our country was led along and the results that it now seems to be stuck with.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:28 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
I despair when I think about the path that our country was led along and the results that it now seems to be stuck with.
+1

And the worst of it is that as it occurred gradually many people in the UK don't even realise the extent of the problem.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:29 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

By 'our country' are you referring to Australia or England ? I honestly see no difference, I have both eyes wide open and I see minority groups seemingly dictating to the majority. I'm sorry if you feel it is different here you need to look around.

Originally Posted by paulry
Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:30 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

I actually do agree to a point, exactly as we are seeing here as well which is equally worrying.

+1

And the worst of it is that as it occurred gradually many people in the UK don't even realise the extent of the problem.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:39 am
Not allowed opinions.

slapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond reputeslapphead_otool has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955
I actually do agree to a point, exactly as we are seeing here as well which is equally worrying.
Except Australia has gone the other way. Twenty five years ago Liberals and Labor would not be trying to outdo themselves in ways to dump boat people overseas. I doubt that would ever happen in the UK?

Australia has hardened up considerably in the 25 years that I have lived there. Sydney has Asian Crime and Middle Eastern Crime police teams. I seriously doubt the Met has things like that. Maybe i am wrong?
Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:41 am
Banned

I guess we all see what makes us feel better.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:43 am
Banned

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/3808165.stm
Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:51 am
Not allowed opinions.

A quick google shows a lot of talk about it being planned in 2004. No mention of it actually being formed, and no record of it in the directorate.

Did it actually get formed, or was it too politically sensitive (as alluded to in the BBC report)?
Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:51 am
Not allowed opinions.

I guess we all see what makes us feel better.
Human nature.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:56 am
Banned

I agree, someone living in Australia and calling Australia home will often naturally
want to dismiss anything in their old 'home' and celebrate the exact same thing here. It is odd but as you say human nature.
Human nature.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 12:59 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

A quick google shows a lot of talk about it being planned in 2004. No mention of it actually being formed, and no record of it in the directorate.

Did it actually get formed, or was it too politically sensitive (as alluded to in the BBC report)?
Operation Trident is sort of in the area.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 1:03 am
Banned

This idea that they can't or wont set up squads targeting certain nationalities in the UK is bizarre to say the least.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 1:09 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

This idea that they can't or wont set up squads targeting certain nationalities in the UK is bizarre to say the least.
often in the UK they *do* the right thing they just don't gob off about it so we'd never really know

Last edited by sonlymewalter; Sep 18th 2011 at 1:18 am.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 1:15 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

+1

Yes and the politicians lied and cheated to carry out their dastardly deeds.

By 'our country' are you referring to Australia or England ? I honestly see no difference, I have both eyes wide open and I see minority groups seemingly dictating to the majority. I'm sorry if you feel it is different here you need to look around.
I mean Britain but yes I agree with you that the same path seems to have been chosen here where it's just not yet at the "advanced" stages.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 1:37 am
Not allowed opinions.

I agree, someone living in Australia and calling Australia home will often naturally
want to dismiss anything in their old 'home' and celebrate the exact same thing here. It is odd but as you say human nature.
I dont really call anywhere home. I have lived on and off in Australia for 25 years, but it certainly isn't my home. I guess I am nomadic. My home is where the work is.

My wife is Japanese, I lived in the UK, France and the Middle East before arriving here, and since then i have worked all over Asia and now I am working across the Pacific.

I think this "homelessness" and experience of living elsewhere allows me to look at things objectively. Or maybe not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.