Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

You know you are in Australia when...

You know you are in Australia when...

Old Sep 16th 2011, 4:57 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: You know you are in Australia when...

"Fun size" packets of Malteasers contain just three precious malted balls
Old Sep 16th 2011, 5:04 pm
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry
"Fun size" packets of Malteasers contain just three precious malted balls
Just suck 'em!
Old Sep 16th 2011, 5:07 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
Or buy 5 bags of them
Old Sep 16th 2011, 6:55 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Everything you do is watched, Australians have always in the last 20 years been grossly over-regulated and seem to be of living in a cloud of hesitation and uncertainty, they are in constant fear of breaking any one or more of the myriad of trivial laws under which they labour. Keep to the left and don't you dare wander even an inch, don’t smoke here, don’t speed there, wear a seat belt even in the outback, don’t say anything mildly offensive to or about any minority or pompous self-interest group, I thought it was bad in the UK but PC is far worse in oz.

Only my opinion please note
Old Sep 16th 2011, 6:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Perthbum
Everything you do is watched, Australians have always in the last 20 years been grossly over-regulated and seem to be of living in a cloud of hesitation and uncertainty, they are in constant fear of breaking any one or more of the myriad of trivial laws under which they labour. Keep to the left and don't you dare wander even an inch, don’t smoke here, don’t speed there, wear a seat belt even in the outback, don’t say anything mildly offensive to or about any minority or pompous self-interest group, I thought it was bad in the UK but PC is far worse in oz.

Thats not australia.... Thats BE barbie mate... Not the same... One is the REAL world and one is ... Ummm... Here...

Actually its a bloody relief australian PC ness after living in the UK til 4 years ago... Can have conversations in public that you wouldnt be allowed to think to yourself over there...
Old Sep 16th 2011, 7:10 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by eddie007
Thats not australia.... Thats BE barbie mate... Not the same... One is the REAL world and one is ... Ummm... Here...

Actually its a bloody relief australian PC ness after living in the UK til 4 years ago... Can have conversations in public that you wouldnt be allowed to think to yourself over there...
I did find that shocking to be honest and rather embarrassing the way other nationalities were spoken about in such racist and disgusting ways.
Do not miss that bit at all.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 7:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

I did find that shocking to be honest and rather embarrassing the way other nationalities were spoken about in such racist and disgusting ways.
Do not miss that bit at all.
When we left the uk the UK had become EXTREMIST in its PCness,

if you re read my post ... I didnt mention or even imply that I enjoyed talking about other nationalities in racist and disgusting ways

So thats a bit harsh IMHO...
Old Sep 16th 2011, 7:27 pm
Banned

When we left the uk the UK had become EXTREMIST in its PCness,

if you re read my post ... I didnt mention or even imply that I enjoyed talking about other nationalities in racist and disgusting ways

So thats a bit harsh IMHO...
Not having a go at you, I was talking about the blokes I worked on building sites with I found some of the conversations unacceptable and had to walk out before I got in a fight sometimes.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 7:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not having a go at you, I was talking about the blokes I worked on building sites with I found some of the conversations unacceptable and had to walk out before I got in a fight sometimes.
thats all right then

i like the way australian blokes can have a game of fisticuffs with their mates and a, still be mates after and b, not get arrested for assault...

HE made his mate eat carpet. Being 15 years younger than HIM and into working out HIS mate thought after they had both had several pints too many it'd be a good idea to "have a go" at the old man... A bloody nose, mouthful of carpet and black eye later they're still best of mates...

Infact immediately after the carpet eating HE was administering first aid to the bloody nose and black eye.... And the mate is all " I love you, you're my best mate you are..."

but before you shockingham knockers start ... That was a night out in Kwinana
Old Sep 16th 2011, 7:41 pm
Banned

thats all right then

i like the way australian blokes can have a game of fisticuffs with their mates and a, still be mates after and b, not get arrested for assault...

HE made his mate eat carpet. Being 15 years younger than HIM and into working out HIS mate thought after they had both had several pints too many it'd be a good idea to "have a go" at the old man... A bloody nose, mouthful of carpet and black eye later they're still best of mates...

Infact immediately after the carpet eating HE was administering first aid to the bloody nose and black eye.... And the mate is all " I love you, you're my best mate you are..."

but before you shockingham knockers start ... That was a night out in Kwinana

Blimey I could tell some stories about aussie blokes. maybe that's why the aussie women like the pom's so much.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 7:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Blimey I could tell some stories about aussie blokes. maybe that's why the aussie women like the pom's so much.
i should point out that the black eye and bloody nose were unfortunate incidentals in the whole "making him eat carpet" exercise...
Old Sep 16th 2011, 8:26 pm
Banned

i should point out that the black eye and bloody nose were unfortunate incidentals in the whole "making him eat carpet" exercise...
i know, they are lovable rouges in a strange sort of way, I worked with one aussie builder who insisted in bringing his own chicken alive to work everyday and dispatching it before barbecuing it at the end of the work day
Old Sep 16th 2011, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i like that aussie blokes can still be real men

Ok you get the occassional w@nker who gives them all a bad name,

But underneath, the decent ones are soft as shite...
Old Sep 16th 2011, 10:19 pm
Banned

i like that aussie blokes can still be real men

Ok you get the occassional w@nker who gives them all a bad name,

But underneath, the decent ones are soft as shite...
Real men what do you mean?
Old Sep 16th 2011, 11:23 pm
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Total ballshit.
Reckon you been on the sherbet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.