Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are you happy with your 'lot'?

Are you happy with your 'lot'?

Old Jun 14th 2010, 3:16 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you happy with your 'lot'?

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
I know reality better than many. Reality is life is tough, well suck it up, there is still a choice and my point is stop whinging about being stuck in poverty when you have a choice to get out of it but refrain. I have no sympathy or compassion for people in the longer term if they persist to take the easy option. Of course I have empathy in the short term but you can only take a horse to water.

Life is full of losers who use excuses as rational reasoning.

If a person takes exception to a truthful statement more them the fool.

The sacrifices and work I have done to move ahead gives me every right to make my statement. It gets proved every day and even more so when I read posts such as yours and money penny.
Did you send me a link to a web site the other day mate?
Old Jun 14th 2010, 3:55 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

I know reality better than many. Reality is life is tough, well suck it up, there is still a choice and my point is stop whinging about being stuck in poverty when you have a choice to get out of it but refrain. I have no sympathy or compassion for people in the longer term if they persist to take the easy option. Of course I have empathy in the short term but you can only take a horse to water.

The sacrifices and work I have done to move ahead gives me every right to make my statement. It gets proved every day and even more so when I read posts such as yours and money penny.

The logic behind your comments, if indeed there is any logic in them at all, is flawed at best. So you are saying that if we all worked hard and made sacrifices then we would all be rich... or to put it another way, everybody who isn't loaded is a lazy bastard because they haven't worked as hard as you have.

Can you not see just how ridiculous that sounds? Can you not see just how arrogant that comes across as? Can you not.... oh, just forget it. You are an arrogant, self absorbed, ****wit, incapable of seeing anything of the sort.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 4:16 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I know reality better than many. .
And just how do you work that one out? What is everyone else in the world living if not 'reality'? You are so removed from most people's reality it's daft. I have no issues with hearing the truth, however, as yet on this thread I've not heard it from you.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 5:58 am
Banned

Noreturn is an unknown quantity at this point

Geelong Gent your post is spot on. It won't go down well here though.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 6:10 am
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noreturn
After 5 posts you're either a speed reader or an alterego.

I'm happy with my lot, but then I generally am. Easily pleased

My Dad's prostate cancer is well under control, my Mum has just been discharged from 9 weeks in hospital after we were told she wasn't coming home, my sister's psych problems seem to be under control, all my nieces and nephew are gorgeous, healthy and happy, and The Geek, the cats and I are about to move into our own place (well, 1/5 of it is ours, the rest is St George's) after renting since 2002.

Never been so happy to be in shitloads of debt.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 7:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noreturn
I don't generally agree with GG, but I agree with the sentiment of his posts on this thread.

It's about hard work, getting your arse kicked sometimes but keep going despite the knock backs. Its just the way you look at life. Get up, dust yourself off, and keep going.

JTL
Old Jun 14th 2010, 10:19 am
BE Enthusiast

galba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud ofgalba has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
I don't generally agree with GG, but I agree with the sentiment of his posts on this thread.

It's about hard work, getting your arse kicked sometimes but keep going despite the knock backs. Its just the way you look at life. Get up, dust yourself off, and keep going.

JTL
I tend to agree too. It's about striving to be the best you can. My aunt is one of those 'woe is me' types that doesn't try because it won't be 'worth it' and she can't be bothered and as a result she's in exactly the same positiion she was 30 years ago and hates it.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 10:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

I can see where you are coming from.

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
You have no concept of reality from what I can see of it.

Read the other comments in the thread and see what other people thought of your "choose to be poor" comment and judge then who has a better grip on reality.
But most people would say that (especially on BE). The hoardes...

A BE observation - food for thought - people choose to be 'non-poor' in Australia - ie a big house and all the trappings of non-poor but end up being inpoverished. The people heading home, the people liking it here mostly, but battling with doubts and gripes.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

The way I see it is there is no such thing as luck...........we chose wheat our future brings, my husband and I are in control of how are family is and there may be circcumtances that alter things but it is up to us to not sit around moaning how hard done by we are and take control of where we want to be.............If we want to live in a mansion then we work to do that...........we chose to live in a 2 bed terrace that we could afford on one wage if we have to, we have one old car so we can have more disposable income to do things with our son we wouldn't normally be able to.............we don't waste money on gadjest etc. as we want to have money for when we arrive in Australia.

This works for us, we control our life..........not the 'nast' government, society of who else we could think of to blame.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:08 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

So what do we call it when someone finds out the main breadwinner in a family is due to lose their job by the end of the week, in a recession,and still bills and mortgage to pay

There is such a thing as luck, or more to the point bad luck. When our lives are cosy we need to remember how lucky we are as some people are doing it tough for no other reason than bad luck at the time.

To those going through the shit times, it will get better. It always does. Just grit your teeth and ride the waves and calm will come soon again
Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:19 am
ABCDiamond

I know reality better than many. Reality is life is tough, well suck it up, there is still a choice and my point is stop whinging about being stuck in poverty when you have a choice to get out of it but refrain. I have no sympathy or compassion for people in the longer term if they persist to take the easy option.

Of course I have empathy in the short term but you can only take a horse to water.

Interesting how the written word can be read and understood differently by others..

Not sure I would say full of losers who use excuses, but there a number.

Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Interesting how the written word can be read and understood differently by others..

Not sure I would say full of losers who use excuses, but there a number.
I've chosen to be 'poor'. I've taken easy options in some areas all my life. But in others I have taken the option to enrich myself far beyond that which money can buy. I have taken the decision not to bother with middle management in my industry. zzz.

I've also chosen to not have money and some of it's vulgarity dictate.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:56 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
I've chosen to be 'poor'. I've taken easy options in some areas all my life. But in others I have taken the option to enrich myself far beyond that which money can buy. I have taken the decision not to bother with middle management in my industry. zzz.

I've also chosen to not have money and some of it's vulgarity dictate.
I've realised that having money is totally pointless.....

My wife would only spend it

Old Jun 14th 2010, 11:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Sydney AUS - Leeds/Selby/York UK - Sydney AUS (April 2011)
seayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud ofseayork2002 has much to be proud of

It would not be luck then it would be due to companies bad times.........as for losing a job, there are others (yes if you eould be employed immediatley) there is temp work, savings, MPI (if they paid out on a blue Thursday after the second full moon).............lots of things...........I suppose the way it is looked at.

Same way winning the lottery is not luck it is choosing the right numbers.

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
So what do we call it when someone finds out the main breadwinner in a family is due to lose their job by the end of the week, in a recession,and still bills and mortgage to pay

There is such a thing as luck, or more to the point bad luck. When our lives are cosy we need to remember how lucky we are as some people are doing it tough for no other reason than bad luck at the time.

To those going through the shit times, it will get better. It always does. Just grit your teeth and ride the waves and calm will come soon again
Old Jun 14th 2010, 12:01 pm
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by seayork2002
It would not be luck then it would be due to companies bad times.........as for losing a job, there are others (yes if you eould be employed immediatley) there is temp work, savings, MPI (if they paid out on a blue Thursday after the second full moon).............lots of things...........I suppose the way it is looked at.

Same way winning the lottery is not luck it is choosing the right numbers.
So much easier to say than achieve

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.