Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Yet another disappointing "summer" in the UK comes to a close...

Wikiposts

Yet another disappointing "summer" in the UK comes to a close...

Old Aug 27th 2009, 10:55 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yet another disappointing "summer" in the UK comes to a close...

[QUOTE=JenniGee;7881451]Anyone who either lives in, or goes to either Devon or Cornwall & thinks they will get good weather is deranged or deluded - or maybe a combination of both. They are the wettest counties in England & the best chance of a decent few days are in May.
QUOTE]

Link

Cumbria, Midlands....
Old Aug 27th 2009, 11:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
I see more interesting atmospheric and sky events here than I did in the UK. White fluffy clouds against blue backgrounds are a regular occurrence here. Especially love it when they're under-lit by the sinking sun. The ring of Venus is another regular occurrence here. Don't ever remember seeing that in the UK. I've seen more daytime moons and more conjunctions between the planets and the moon. The smilie face being the most impressive. At night the planets are visible more often and I've seen more shooting stars here than in the UK despite the difference in residence.
Binnight is great in winter...I often stop and look up - we have no light pollution in our road and the Milky Way is fantastic.

Originally Posted by Fleaflyfloflum
I am in Essex.

It really does depend on where you live. They were discussing it on GMTV yesterday and weather experts said theat there is a huge difference between temps in the south east an the rest of the UK. Especially so comparing with the NW of England.

My daughter was telling me yesterday that this particular area is renknowned for milder temps and less rainfall than many other areas. Even last winter when a lot of the UK had lots of snow, this area only had one light dusting, which upset the kids no end!!
I think Suffolk and a locale around there is one of the dryest areas and Essex is not so far away.

I reckon an Essex girl would have a different understanding of a dry summer!
Old Aug 27th 2009, 8:10 pm
(^v^)

Possums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond reputePossums has a reputation beyond repute

well I have been in the UK since 12 July admittedly had fair bit of rain in Derbyshire first couple of weeks but we escaped down south was beautiful 27c in Canterbury and back up north August has been fab
Old Aug 28th 2009, 11:15 am
BE Enthusiast

hereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I was there for the whole of July and it rained every day. Went up to Liverpool and it was not only pissing down but freezing too. If you think the UK had a good summer you are dreaming.
I think the term "washout" has been used to describe the summer in large areas of the UK. One thing I have noticed though is that people who want to go back to the UK or are already in the UK seem to agree it's been a "great summer" even though July was the wettest on record.

Or "beauty is bought by judgement of the eye, Not utter'd by base sale of chapmen's tongues" as some famous guy once wrote.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 7:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly July and August have been wet in Scotland,however since March overall i think the weather has been fine.When it's not I just go to fine restaurants , art galleries,museums etc,the things Oz is very short of.
The lushness of the Uk is a joy to behold,green fertile land and grass that you can walk through Anyway,there is only inappropriate clothing.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:27 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevin747
When it's not I just go to fine restaurants , art galleries,museums etc,the things Oz is very short of.
You're talking out of your arse again.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

When it's not I just go to fine restaurants , art galleries,museums etc,the things Oz is very short of.
hmmmm....
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond reputekevin747 has a reputation beyond repute

You're talking out of your arse again.
I'm typing out of my arse you conceited galloot

It's 9.30am in the UK and i'm off cycling in 15 minutes.

I presume your enjoying the great outdoors as it is Saturday evening and you are stuck to a keyboard.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm typing out of my arse you conceited galloot

It's 9.30am in the UK and i'm off cycling in 15 minutes.

I presume your enjoying the great outdoors as it is Saturday evening and you are stuck to a keyboard.
Are you going to lock your bike up outside the Scunthorpe College of Art?
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:38 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Just got back from cycling down the coastal path to Hillarys with my son, it was great, thanks.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Are you going to lock your bike up outside the Scunthorpe College of Art?
Scunthorpe! certainly not,it sure is a dreadful place .I take it that's where you're from
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just got back from cycling down the coastal path to Hillarys with my son, it was great, thanks.
That's nice. I prefer cycling in Scotland. Just my choice I suppose.
I wont be be spending my Saturday evening on a forum,however I did when I lived in Australia.It was simply inferior.
It is possibly an improvement for you .
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:52 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Sadly July and August have been wet in Scotland,however since March overall i think the weather has been fine.When it's not I just go to fine restaurants , art galleries,museums etc,the things Oz is very short of.
The lushness of the Uk is a joy to behold,green fertile land and grass that you can walk through Anyway,there is only inappropriate clothing.
Old Aug 28th 2009, 8:53 pm
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

That's nice. I prefer cycling in Scotland. Just my choice I suppose.
I wont be be spending my Saturday evening on a forum,however I did when I lived in Australia.It was simply inferior.
It is possibly an improvement for you .
Too dark here to do shit else
Old Aug 28th 2009, 9:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

I must admint today is a stunner. Won't be a scorcher by any means, but the wind has stopped and the sun is shining. it stays that way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.