Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

WTF is going on in this country !!!!

WTF is going on in this country !!!!

Old Aug 24th 2007, 6:42 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WTF is going on in this country !!!!

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Well chosen? what a 2 second google search.

If that had happened in the UK it probably would have been blown into Teenage rampage, cops, teachers, kids parents stabbed. Headlines for a week.

Plus a couple of threads on BE

Amusing thought, should post that link with WTF is happening in australia!!! title.
Why stop the habit of a lifetime
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fenton Beasley

Exactly! If it wasn't for 11 years of her policies perpetuating the myth that is no such thing as society, we wouldn't have this Chav culture.
Hear hear :curse:
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:11 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
Hear hear :curse:
she left power 15 years ago!

Next you're going to tell me the miners strikes were her problem....

Last edited by rugbymatt; Aug 24th 2007 at 7:15 am.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:14 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
she left power 15 years ago!

Next your going to tell me the miners strikes were her problem....
yeah but she started the ball rolling on the whole 'no such thing as society' thing, where people started focusing solely on themselves as individuals and their best interests as opposed to giving a shit about the collective.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:16 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rabsody
yeah but she started the ball rolling on the whole 'no such thing as society' thing, where people started focusing solely on themselves as individuals and their best interests as opposed to giving a shit about the collective.
I just cant see it myself, I personally think its just another excuse for people being able to do what they want and blame someone else for it.

We are growing into a nation of people who take no responsibility for our actions.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:18 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MartinLuther
It does compare well. Probably one of the advantages of unarmed beat coppers. I'd would also guess the number of family shootings is higher in the remoter parts of Aus (in tandem with the higher Aus suicide rate).
Your logic doth confuse me!!

So if the UK had the same rate as Australia there would be 186 deaths by homicide in the UK and you say there are only 50-100. But apparently the Aus rate is better because by all accounts families out whoop whoop way settle their differences by blowing each other brains out - and to boot - these aren't real murders? Have I got this right??
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:21 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by bcworld

So if the UK had the same rate as Australia there would be 186 deaths by homicide in the UK and you say there are only 50-100. But apparently the Aus rate is better because by all accounts families out whoop whoop way settle their differences by blowing each other brains out - and to boot - these aren't real murders? Have I got this right??
Without wanting in any way to wade in to your statistical rights and wrongs, I wouldn't take any stock in statistics at all, its not about numbers, or figures about an area so far away, its about how these things effect you and how they touch upon your life, not some number cruncher in an office.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but no one rule of forum.

If it happens in the UK its bad, seriously bad, front page headlines and bad enought to emigrate........ to a land far away where if the same thing happens, you ignore it or say someone made it up
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:32 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I have to agree with that. We had no problem with crime in the UK. We moved here and 9 months later we were burgled. We never used to lock doors or cars in the UK, still don't lock the cars. Does that mean that for us crime is higher than in the UK. No, it just means that shit happens and sometimes you avoid it and sometimes you don't.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:34 am
Forum Regular

skeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant futureskeaty has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by ukdarren22
yep its a scary place I cant wait to get out.
My wife who was 7 months pregnant at the time, asked some kids who were smoking pot and graffiti, in our car port, to leave,
which one of them said what you gonna do about it, to which she replied, I'm gonna phone the police and turned to walk back into the house, one of them grabbed her from behind, turned her around scratched her, spat in her face. she then got away and ran to get back in the house, one of the lads shoved his foot in the door and was trying to get in, a car pulled up and they ran away. phoned the police straight away......
Now this I would have thought would of been an emergency, it happened at 330 in the afternoon, police turn up at 12 the next day.....
I cant wait to leave this sinking ship
I hope your wife is ok a very scary thing to happen, lucky you wasnt there otherwise you would have been arrested for defending your wife.

My son was attacked a few months back it took 4 days to get the police round for a statement. Last month my site canteen was brocken into and they stole the tea and coffe, few small items the police turned up within the hour.!!!!!!!
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:39 am
If all else fails...smile

smiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond reputesmiling4 has a reputation beyond repute

The factors are that the majority of people within this society aren't having respect for themselves let alone for others....they breed and then produce offspring, who don't give a monkey's cos they are not taught right from wrong...I am not tarring everyone with the same brush....so therefore they don't know how to behave and they just know that life within the UK is easy. Working in a school, the kids know that you can't touch them, so they play on this, the worst that can happen is an exclusion and that to them is a day to do what they want - an extra holiday - I remember the days of the slipper at my comp school and could probably count the number of times on one hand that I knew it had been used..,....as kids we lived with that fear..we knew there were consequences and if I went home and told my parents that I had done something wrong, then I knew I was in trouble.....our judicial system is rubbish and the police are tied with what they can do.....there are too many do gooders out there who chant on and on about human rights and so those who can't be bothered run the roost.....we are not a nation that sticks together and for this country to succeed we need to.....not going to apologise for my rant, its what I feel and what I see.....and as the saying goes, will the last one out the country please turn off the lights! Ems x I know this can happpen in any country but the size of ours and the amount of crime is not in comparison
Old Aug 24th 2007, 7:54 am
Account Closed

Sorry, my mistake - typing too fast. I was agreeing that the UK figures compared well to the Aus figures. Hopefully the rest of the post makes more sense now.
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:01 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Too true.
............and thats just where I live
Old Aug 24th 2007, 8:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Yes but no one rule of forum.

If it happens in the UK its bad, seriously bad, front page headlines and bad enought to emigrate........ to a land far away where if the same thing happens, you ignore it or say someone made it up
I find it ironic that some people on this forum are derogatory about people who slag off the UK unnecessarily and then turn around 180 degrees and slag off Aus.

Then comes the justification - more of the same anyone?
Old Aug 24th 2007, 9:00 am
Banned

Fat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really niceFat Bloke is just really nice

Originally Posted by Issie
An attempted kidnap on a little girl at our corner shop.......the man in a balacav thankfully was stopped by a passer by.

My little girl has already witnessed an armed robbery in our village....she's only 9 yrs old........it could have been her

Then there was the shooting of an 11 year old boy............I live about 30 minutes away from this ........he died RIP

****ing hell get me out of this country because it's going cazy:curse::curse::curse:
Just to be clear did this happen in the UK or Oz?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.