Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

wifes 40th in strange town

wifes 40th in strange town

Old May 26th 2007, 4:19 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: wifes 40th in strange town

Originally Posted by BullcreekBob
Somehow my brain can't quite grasp "intimate bistro" and children in the same thought.
When you have kids there's no 'intimate' anywhere, anyhow
Old May 26th 2007, 9:42 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ransi
I puked in the bathroom sink last time I was there...
Originally Posted by julesandco
Last time we visited, Mum was over on holiday. We'd just sat our bums down and the fire alarm went off..... meaning of course that we couldn't use the lifts!!

Twenty minutes later, our family; including a pensioner, 3, 6 and 9 year old were puffed out at the bottom of the plaza.

My eldest was so scared, we had to get a fireman to reassure him everything was OK before he'd go back up!

What concerned us is that every door was locked on the way down, so if there was a fire in the stair well, there was nowhere to go

I just hope a real fire never breaks out and the same thing happens - just doesn't bear thinking about

I wrote and complained to the restaurant and they never even had the decency to reply......

Jules
Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Very nearly puked
Was with my friend, my mum and her mum and decided (after drinking all day) to have a drink in there. We fell out of the lift, laughing, because my mum had been talking french in the lift (and we were all pretending to be french too!) needless to say they wouldn't serve us
OOPS maybe not a good idea after all, never been always thought it was suposed to be good sorry
Old May 27th 2007, 11:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Friday night if possible I can get rid of child then too lol

I love him really

lace xx
Old May 27th 2007, 1:27 pm
Forum Regular

kmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by northernbird
there seems to be a common theme through your last few posts Tracey and it involves drinking!

Although look out Joondalup, NB is hitting the town tonight
Originally Posted by sme
I'm out tomorrow !
I was in Joondalup that night aswell,first night out in 7 months good night drank to much and stayed out till 4.30 in the morn still bloody knackered.having to get up with the kids at 9 next morning not a good idea.
Originally Posted by nightnurse2
Shall we make a list of who's coming Ast and then it will give us an idea of numbers.
You decide what day is best for you both though.
Are you going to tell her or have it as a suprise?

Trish (of course)
Ast
Tracey and Liam (maybe not the kids hopefully)
Originally Posted by sme
Gillian and Sean (hopefully without kids )
Sam and Keith (hopefully without kids) could do with another good night out
Old May 27th 2007, 1:31 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmtsst
I was in Joondalup that night aswell,first night out in 7 months good night drank to much and stayed out till 4.30 in the morn still bloody knackered.having to get up with the kids at 9 next morning not a good idea.

Sam and Keith (hopefully without kids) could do with another good night out
God I was rough on Saturday. Having to do my bit at Netball on Saturday morning was a bloody struggle. We went for a nice meal, Trendi's in Joondalup worth a visit if you haven't been and then we went on to the Old Bailey, it was like setting foot in a timewarp, it was absolutely hilarious though.

Count me in, depending on babysitters of course.
Old May 27th 2007, 1:53 pm
Forum Regular

kmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant future

God I was rough on Saturday. Having to do my bit at Netball on Saturday morning was a bloody struggle. We went for a nice meal, Trendi's in Joondalup worth a visit if you haven't been and then we went on to the Old Bailey, it was like setting foot in a timewarp, it was absolutely hilarious though.

Count me in, depending on babysitters of course.
Old bailey thats where we were , timewarp that is true think thats y it was such a good night took me back to my teens in the 80s.Then went to some club on the corner exactly the same (dusk i think) just the same 1980s eat your heart out.
Old May 27th 2007, 1:58 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kmtsst
Old bailey thats where we were , timewarp that is true think thats y it was such a good night took me back to my teens in the 80s.Then went to some club on the corner exactly the same (dusk i think) just the same 1980s eat your heart out.
We just sat at the side of the dance floor and howled with laughter. I can honestly say I have not laughed so much in all my life. The people dancing were just unbelievable, old women, old blokes in really bad clothes with bad haircuts. Might have to try Dusk for our next night out!
Old May 27th 2007, 10:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

maggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond reputemaggy has a reputation beyond repute

We just sat at the side of the dance floor and howled with laughter. I can honestly say I have not laughed so much in all my life. The people dancing were just unbelievable, old women, old blokes in really bad clothes with bad haircuts. Might have to try Dusk for our next night out!

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but come midnight all those 50 year olds wearing stone wash denim mini skirts and bad hair cuts complete with tatoos head to Dusk
Old May 27th 2007, 10:45 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maggy
Hate to be the bearer of bad news but come midnight all those 50 year olds wearing stone wash denim mini skirts and bad hair cuts complete with tatoos head to Dusk
That's why she's going next time
She's got to show them tats off somewhere

Edit I did mean tats (tatoos)
Old May 27th 2007, 10:51 pm
Gutter Gob!!

It is worth going for the comedy value maggy. I can honestly say I haven't laughed so much in ages.
Old May 27th 2007, 10:52 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Is that not a good look then ?