Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who is at work counting down the day's

Who is at work counting down the day's

Old Jul 23rd 2008, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of
Default Who is at work counting down the day's

Till they leave for OZ I am and I cant wait, really I can't wait to leave this country, I am so so excited.

As soon as I have enough cash in the bank to last me I am out of here

How many others are out there thinking the same thing as me right now ?
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

thehowarths will become famous soon enoughthehowarths will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Who is at work counting down the day's

Me!

I accepted voluntary redundancy recently which means i have 18 more working days to go and a big calendar on my wall on which i'm crossing off the days.

My motivation and enthusiasm for all things work-related is nil! (which is why i'm currently responding to posts on this forum rather than answering emails from colleagues!!!!)
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

I am just thinking that I must write my resignation letter
I think it may be hard to stay focused & interested in the countdown to leaving!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 9:45 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

I am thinking of applying for unpaid leave for six or seven months so I can go out to Sydney in November and stay till June then come home for The Ashes. Then maybe go back out again permanently in Sept 09.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:08 am
BE Enthusiast

philnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud ofphilnorris has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by saveme
I am thinking of applying for unpaid leave for six or seven months so I can go out to Sydney in November and stay till June then come home for The Ashes. Then maybe go back out again permanently in Sept 09.
I wish I could have some paid time off but I am a contractor

:s I really hope my employers doesnt see this as I havent told them yet but I leave in Feb 09, even though it is almost 7 months away I am struggling to stay focused even now.

I haven't got a calander to mark off, but I have wrote my resignation letter all ready ha ha. Just need those extra pennies from the next 6 months wages.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Daydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really niceDaydreamer123 is just really nice

26 work days left
its a shame its not less, but I have also started counting Mondays, only 4 left because of the bank holiday at the end of August
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

thehowarths will become famous soon enoughthehowarths will become famous soon enough

aha! forgot bank holiday and it is now midday so have 17.5 working days (i work monday to wednesday). Brilliant! Also have just accepted an offer on our house. It's only had one viewing!

Still doesn't reduce my workload though
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:02 am
Forum Regular

Inglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura aboutInglewhite has a spectacular aura about

Had my last day at work yesterday(work at same school my son goes to) and son's last day at school- an emotional day, leaving friends.We go in 3 weeks and 6 days
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

RobAndEwa has a brilliant futureRobAndEwa has a brilliant futureRobAndEwa has a brilliant futureRobAndEwa has a brilliant futureRobAndEwa has a brilliant futureRobAndEwa has a brilliant futureRobAndEwa has a brilliant future

About 100 working days left - we're leaving in the new year. I'm actually finding it a bit easier now my departure date has been discussed & agreed with my employer. Still impatient even though I've got a ton to do (like sell the house )
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 12:04 pm
Forum Regular

karlphillips is an unknown quantity at this point

Fly out 3 weeks tomorrow! Finish work 2 weeks tomorrow. Still loads of work to do and other bits and pieces but at least I think we've got most things covered now. Just need to get some cash over into my Oz account.
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 12:10 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

I'm a contractor and finished work last Friday - I was hoping or 3 more months work but that never materialised. So we have booked the shippers and are trying to arrange flights for the dogs....

So Im at home counting down the days
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Wandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud ofWandathecat has much to be proud of

2 weeks 2 days!!!!!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:37 pm
Pass The Post

Location: Ping Ponged York via Melbourne and now pinged to Ferny Hills, Brisbane
joh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to beholdjoh117 is a splendid one to behold

Its my hubbys last day at work tomorrow and mine on friday. I am on leave this week and only in Friday so am only going in to clear my desk etc. I am going onto Maternity leave.

We fly a week friday so not long to go now

Jo
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Janna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of lightJanna and Nick is a glorious beacon of light

We've only just done our vetassess practical (no result just yet) and ever since we decided to immigrate (february) I've been counting down the days!

I am going to be impossible when it gets to months not years!

Don't particularly enjoy my job so makes the waiting worse I think.

It feels like once we get the vetassess "okay" that I can hand in my resignation. But that really isn't the case.... Suppose I had better get back to reality really!
Old Jul 23rd 2008, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of lightStu Ward is a glorious beacon of light

43 HOURS to go !!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.