Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Who has done what, in your family?

Who has done what, in your family?

Old Jul 19th 2011, 7:25 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who has done what, in your family?

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Did you get the ANSWERS though? Or did you get mixed up with "The Wild Geese"...

We're a weird bunch. My mother seems to know everyone it sees, remotely famous - some more so, some less so... remotely famous than others - or well known in their circles...so whether it's Sir John Hunt's (careful how you spell it) daughters, or the women who sailed around/walked around the world...

My brother in law is a well known actor and we often see him on the box. He and his brother were also Olympians.

No. Apparently shit like that dies with a person.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 7:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by In Exile
wow, does that mean that either Stanley Kubrick used some top of the range bona fide working spacesuits, or the Apollo 11 astronauts got a really bum deal?

I would have thought film costume design and functioning spacesuit design were fairly non transferable skills, other than the cosmetic look?
I believe there is a 'longjohn' component - sort of like underwear.

Uranus did not go cold as a boy...
Old Jul 19th 2011, 7:41 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

my mum used to date Paul McCartney's brother and she still has some of his 7"

....singles.
Was it willy the pink, I mean lily the pink?
Old Jul 19th 2011, 7:53 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

wow, does that mean that either Stanley Kubrick used some top of the range bona fide working spacesuits, or the Apollo 11 astronauts got a really bum deal?

I would have thought film costume design and functioning spacesuit design were fairly non transferable skills, other than the cosmetic look?
Both were made at Frankenstein and Son's in Manchester... and possibly some guy in big boots and bolt in his neck was 'made' there as well.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 7:55 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Nice.... If my mother had had anything to do with it they would have all been one size too large...

Your mother obviously got good at it - going from 'make believe' to the real gear....
I think it was actually the other way round... went from the 'real deal' to the make believe. The 2001 suits came after the early Apollo suits.
Old Jul 19th 2011, 10:37 am
Bix
da Bonehead

Bix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond reputeBix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
... and possibly some guy in big boots and bolt in his neck was 'made' there as well.
Garry Glitter?
Old Jul 25th 2011, 2:43 am
BE Enthusiast

vickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to allvickyandrob is a name known to all

Well some impressive family members - mine nothing really!

I am incredibly proud of myself actually, grew up on a council estate, quite poor really but always out with friends and pretty happy really. Fled a violent marriage after 10 years of hell, went to uni - first one in my family. Years later ex was in court for the same offences with his new partner so I came forward and had to endure a trial myself - he's now serving lengthy prison sentence. More offences emerged once he got sentenced, went to trial just before we flew out but unfortunately bloody jury let him off!

So here I am rebuilding our lives, trying to fix the mess he's caused, but hey, I'm a survivor and actually think I've made the best decision for my family at this moment in time.

So here's to me!
Old Jul 25th 2011, 6:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

My matenal grandfather joined up aged 15, was gassed at the somme, was returned to blighty a shellshocked, lousy, skeletal semi cripple,...was fed up for a few months by the Government, deloused and then offered the choice to go back or be shot for "lack of moral fibre"... He was too much of a coward to face a firing squad so went back to the front line...

My sister was a page three model in the early eighties, friends of the paula crowd, introduced me to shedloads of infamous and famous people and drugs, travelled the world, made heaps of money and then shoved it all up her nose... Which is why I have little sympathy for those that do this to themselves and even less for those that lead others down that particular pathway...

But BEST of all my great great etc aunt was tried at the old bailey for theft of a gown and two candlesticks, found guilty and transported to NSW womens prison on the Wansted ..... which makes ME Australian royalty!
Old Jul 25th 2011, 12:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
I think it was actually the other way round... went from the 'real deal' to the make believe. The 2001 suits came after the early Apollo suits.
There's a book out about them now I see...(get back to you on the title)...

Playtex had an involvement.