Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:00 am
Just Joined

Codify is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Whinging Pom House seller (The Continuation)

Originally Posted by daunted
hello everyone - it feels like a life time that i was posting on this thread, it was the most stressful period of the whole thing without a doubt and i hope the nightmare is over soon for you all
Well if you look at this thread from 2005, people were having similar problems selling their house, and thought the market was dead, but things worked out in the end.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/printthread.php?t=294818
There is always hope, have faith!
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:26 am
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

hello everyone - it feels like a life time that i was posting on this thread, it was the most stressful period of the whole thing without a doubt and i hope the nightmare is over soon for you all
Thank you, I hope it is over soon too. I thought the visa process was bad but nothing until house selling. Are you enjoying yourself?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 5:26 am
BE Enthusiast

mOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud ofmOZzy has much to be proud of

'welcome back'
so how are things with you?
do tell!! we all want to hear the details ....
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

MANDY!!! Long time no see hun. I've been reading your blog. So pleased everything is going well for you - apart from this latest hicup with the house buying... selling or buying it's never good is it???

I'm still here as are Dinky and Suart and poor old Eddie who started it all. However, I have accepted an offer on my house - so hopefully won't be whinging for oo much longer. Although I will keep you other WPHS company for as long as you need it.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Codify
Well if you look at this thread from 2005, people were having similar problems selling their house, and thought the market was dead, but things worked out in the end.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/printthread.php?t=294818
There is always hope, have faith!
Thanks for that - 2005 was a bad year too... I hope this one picks up like that did.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 8:45 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away

I should be working really but I keep peeking at BE as it is the 1st July and I am hoping the visas will start moving today! Has the great Georgie said anything about this new processing centre?
Not a dickie bird - I think he's glued to the tv watching Wimbledon to be honest - had an email from him this morning, but it was mostly tennis-related stuff He's probably shattered, bless him
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 9:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JenniGee
Not a dickie bird - I think he's glued to the tv watching Wimbledon to be honest - had an email from him this morning, but it was mostly tennis-related stuff He's probably shattered, bless him
LOL, you've got a crush on him.

I'm hoping this change works in our favour, but you can never tell. the Augusts are getting loads of visas today and the Octs / Novs are getting some - so things are moving at last.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 9:22 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away
LOL, you've got a crush on him.

I'm hoping this change works in our favour, but you can never tell. the Augusts are getting loads of visas today and the Octs / Novs are getting some - so things are moving at last.
So if they're granting some from November even, were does that leave us May-be's do you reckon? I'm thinking CO around September time, with a potential grant in February - would that sound right to you?
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 9:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JenniGee
So if they're granting some from November even, were does that leave us May-be's do you reckon? I'm thinking CO around September time, with a potential grant in February - would that sound right to you?
That's the big question hun. Logically you should be 6 months behind them - but if there aren't as many staff etc, processing might go slower than ever. We don't have a CO and we are the first week of Jan. I don't expect a CO til the end of July at the earliest. As we front loaded we should get the visa quickly after that. (Touch wood) So I'd CO in Oct for you... I am trying to keep my expectations down as they have been dashed before.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 9:58 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Had a couple who came for a 2nd viewing last night
1st thing the hubby said to me was "The housing market is getting worse you know? If you don't sell now your house will be worth 30% less this time next year!" As if I don't know that :curse:
Not sure if he was just saying that to see my reaction but I just replied saying "well if it doesn't sell we'll just take it off the market & wait it out!"

They do seem really interested but with him saying that I think if they do put an offer in its gonna be a stupid one
I don't wanna give my house away, we've already dropped it by 25K, 5K of that was the day they 1st viewed! I just wanna get to Oz & get on with my life now :curse:
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

capo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the roughcapo is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tawkins1
1st thing the hubby said to me was "The housing market is getting worse you know? If you don't sell now your house will be worth 30% less this time next year!" As if I don't know that :curse:
You do realise the maths for "waiting it out" doesn't work as neatly?

For example on a £100,000 house (where such houses exist at that price) if it fell back 30% = £70,000. You'd then need to wait out for a recovery gain of around 43% to get back to £100,000.

If house prices fall say 50%, you'd need a whacking 100% gain to get back to where you were before.

That is the harsh reality of house price falls unfortunately. I can't afford to wait it out.
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 2:33 pm

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Not sure if he was just saying that to see my reaction but I just replied saying "well if it doesn't sell we'll just take it off the market & wait it out!"

They do seem really interested but with him saying that I think if they do put an offer in its gonna be a stupid one
I don't wanna give my house away, we've already dropped it by 25K, 5K of that was the day they 1st viewed! I just wanna get to Oz & get on with my life now :curse:
He was probably looking for a reaction from you and perhaps will try his luck. Fingers crossed for you x

Originally Posted by capo
You do realise the maths for "waiting it out" doesn't work as neatly?

For example on a £100,000 house (where such houses exist at that price) if it fell back 30% = £70,000. You'd then need to wait out for a recovery gain of around 43% to get back to £100,000.

If house prices fall say 50%, you'd need a whacking 100% gain to get back to where you were before.

That is the harsh reality of house price falls unfortunately. I can't afford to wait it out.
There is nothing much selling around here at all so we are putting ours up for rent and will wait for the market to change a bit no matter how long it takes I suppose We have already dropped 120k and won't go any lower. Frustrating isn't it :curse:
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 4:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Think he was looking for a reaction.
Good luck & hope you get an offer

We have another viewing tomorrow afternoon. The people who came back on Monday will give us a decision by the end of the week.....I'm not sure that sounds very hopeful
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by sallyclaire

We have another viewing tomorrow afternoon. The people who came back on Monday will give us a decision by the end of the week.....I'm not sure that sounds very hopeful
Good luck for both of them sally, you never know
Old Jul 2nd 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by sallyclaire

Thats a good sign fingers crossed x

Originally Posted by nickywes
Good luck for both of them sally, you never know
What are you doing out of the Arcade???? Get back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.