Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

the whinging pom , bars open

the whinging pom , bars open

Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: the whinging pom , bars open

Originally Posted by Fly Away
I worked there in 87/88 - ordering the ingredients etc. thank God I didn't have a job on the factory floor. Plum jobs were available - like the sugar shaker, (stood all day on a ladder shaking an equal mixture of sugar and spit over cakes) Wonder if you tested any of the cakes that were accidentally trodden on and put back on the conveyor!!!
I never used to eat them!!!!

Peter's was as bad - they had a poor person who used to spend all day de-foiling pork pies, talk about monotonus and if they switched off and didn't keep up all the pies would pile up on a rotating table and start to overflow onto the floor - so you couldn't even daydream
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
omg

thats it no more bought cakes
I have a friend who works in the blackcurrent squash factory. Did you know that you can't get the earwigs out of the blackcurrents, so they don't bother................

Fancy a glass of squash...........

So that's cake and squash off the list - you'll be no fun at the next kiddie party!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Reedy
I never used to eat them!!!!

Peter's was as bad - they had a poor person who used to spend all day de-foiling pork pies, talk about monotonus and if they switched off and didn't keep up all the pies would pile up on a rotating table and start to overflow onto the floor - so you couldn't even daydream
See Asher, it's all factory food! Don't get me started on what happens in cafe kitchens!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

See Asher, it's all factory food! Don't get me started on what happens in cafe kitchens!
Dunc has seen some grusome things in restaurants...

One in particular an american themed one (in the bay) he will not touch as he was working in the lift shaft there were millions of cockroaches
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:34 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I have a friend who works in the blackcurrent squash factory. Did you know that you can't get the earwigs out of the blackcurrents, so they don't bother................

So that's cake and squash off the list - you'll be no fun at the next kiddie party!
thats ok my youngest is 19
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:35 am

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

I know what happens in cafe kitchens many the time we chucked the frozen sausages on the floor to separate them
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dunc has seen some grusome things in restaurants...

One in particular an american themed one (in the bay) he will not touch as he was working in the lift shaft there were millions of cockroaches
Thank God, I have never eaten there!! Know where you mean though!

It's a good job that a bit of dirt doesn't hurt us too much.................
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I did an audit once in a well known blackcurrant squash factory - probably the same place!!!

There was glass everywhere - so bad I abandoned the audit

Do you know that food specifications often include ppm (parts per million) of insect larvae, wings, eggs etc.

One of the worst is flour!!!!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:37 am

Thank God, I have never eaten there!! Know where you mean though!

It's a good job that a bit of dirt doesn't hurt us too much.................
we would be much more allergic without the bit of dirt
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

thats ok my youngest is 19
Phew, close shave there!

I know what happens in cafe kitchens many the time we chucked the frozen sausages on the floor to separate them
OMG! I know enough not to complain about a meal. Just leave it!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:39 am

I did an audit once in a well known blackcurrant squash factory - probably the same place!!!

Do you know that food specifications often include ppm (parts per million) of insect larvae, wings, eggs etc.

Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:40 am

Phew, close shave there!

OMG! I know enough not to complain about a meal. Just leave it!
ah you worked in one as well!
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EWWW - can see it would be impossible to get them out though! Still, it's just protein................

we would be much more allergic without the bit of dirt
I shall remember that, when I can't be bothered to clean my kitchen. ROFL.
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Good source of protein
Old Nov 10th 2007, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ah you worked in one as well!
No - I just have lots of friends who did and 2 friends who are chefs. (Great dinner parties!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.