Reload this Page >

Whinging Pom Add banned

Whinging Pom Add banned

Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whinging Pom Add banned

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Please don't tell me MUFC haven't bought their success too like Chelsea (it's so easy to denigrate Chelsea because of the Russian connection, MUFC is American owned and sponsored - Glasser's and AIG). Give me a little time and I'll think of something like Chelski appropriate to MUFC. At a guess there are more English players in the Chelsea team too.

OzTennis
Uniteds buying power has been based for decades on their support and not the backing of some Russian crook..
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:07 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jad n rich
While on ads, everyone must remember the Lara Bingle ad campaign, the aussie ads with big scenery, big boobs and Lara in fine ocker tone saying "where the bloody hell are you".

Well she emigrated - to the UK
dont blame her at all
Old Jan 25th 2007, 12:10 pm
Banned

sassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to beholdsassenach is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Uniteds buying power has been based for decades on their support and not the backing of some Russian crook..
that sounds like a bit of jealousy to me .United have been playing the money game long before chavski and all the rest and now they are giving united some opposition they whinge about it .I think that is a little slanderous in regards to our beloved mr abramovich.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 1:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but United's buying power has been based more on exploiting 1956 and bandwagon jumpers who jet, car and bus into Manchester from all over the UK and parts further to grab a bit of reflected glory. That's without forgetting what Roy memorably dismissed as the 'prawn sandwich brigade' (forgetting it was they who paid his inflated salary). Not a Red Devil lover!

OzTennis
Old Jan 25th 2007, 4:59 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: Whinging Pom Add banned

Originally Posted by sassenach
What you mean like a bunch of drunken no hopers who love to shirk work and are a bunch of racists ,i think british television has moved on from that now .
You obviously haven't been watching Channel 4...
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:09 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Just wondered if one of your clever giys and gals has maybe found a clip of the commercial (YouTube?)? Would love to listen to it.

Gina
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:19 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Whinging Pom Add banned

Originally Posted by Lord Pom Percy
Whinging Pom add banned because of large numbers of Poms whinging that its offensive.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...001021,00.html
I remember commenting on this ad when it was first mentioned at BEP - in a cricket thread, IIRC.

I found it offensive then, and I find it offensive now. It's childish and crass; it doesn't even pretend to be satirical. It's just plain bloody rude.

Now these, on the other hand...
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Australia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond reputeAustralia_bound? has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
The Aussies would not have realised it was a mickey-take....they would have thought it was a documentary.

G

LOL
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:32 pm
Fighting my corner

Arrow Re: Whinging Pom Add banned

Originally Posted by jad n rich
While on ads, everyone must remember the Lara Bingle ad campaign, the aussie ads with big scenery, big boobs and Lara in fine ocker tone saying "where the bloody hell are you".

Well she emigrated - to the UK
No she didn't.

Lara Bingle's biography can be found here. References to emigration (whether to the UK or anywhere else) are notable by absence. According to recent reports, she lives in Tamworth (NSW).

While she has certainly visited the UK (promoting the Aussie tourism campaign which made her a household name; see here) she definitely hasn't emigrated.

Better luck next time, Pom.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:38 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I sincerely hope you vent some jealousy, sorry criticism at Liverpool when they get bought out by an Arab crook!
Old Jan 25th 2007, 5:38 pm
Banned

Lord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to beholdLord Pom Percy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
No she didn't.

Lara Bingle's biography can be found here. References to emigration (whether to the UK or anywhere else) are notable by absence. According to recent reports, she lives in Tamworth (NSW).

While she has certainly visited the UK (promoting the Aussie tourism campaign which made her a household name; see here) she definitely hasn't emigrated.

Better luck next time, Pom.
l knew she did'nt emigrate to the UK, She would find the place too cold in her Bikini Never seen her wearing anything else.

Last edited by Lord Pom Percy; Jan 25th 2007 at 5:40 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

magicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nicemagicsprout is just really nice

Originally Posted by MD09
The kiwis are seen as the sheep shaggers here, so an ad like that wouldn't really work.
or equally the welsh here
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:10 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Sorry but United's buying power has been based more on exploiting 1956 and bandwagon jumpers who jet, car and bus into Manchester from all over the UK and parts further to grab a bit of reflected glory. That's without forgetting what Roy memorably dismissed as the 'prawn sandwich brigade' (forgetting it was they who paid his inflated salary). Not a Red Devil lover!

OzTennis
At least get the bloody year right.. Munich air crash was 1958. As for bandwagon jumpers I think Chelski's average attendance 10 years ago was about 13,000 so that's one mighty big bandwagon they must have down at the Bridge.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:12 pm
hand me a stubby

silver knight is just really nicesilver knight is just really nicesilver knight is just really nicesilver knight is just really nicesilver knight is just really nicesilver knight is just really nicesilver knight is just really nicesilver knight is just really nicesilver knight is just really nice

well we are not whiter than white in the uk,one of sky's ad's for the ashes was a pic of kevin peterson and a pic of warney with pros and cons over their heads.

that is libelous did you see how badly kp played

at the end of the day all of us who end up in a foreign countries are guests, you have to fit in or bugger off.
Old Jan 25th 2007, 8:12 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I sincerely hope you vent some jealousy, sorry criticism at Liverpool when they get bought out by an Arab crook!
Mentioning Liverpool and crook in the same sentence could get you accused of stereotyping.

Liverpool are a busted flush... not worth a mention anymore.. their best days are long gone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.