Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where do you come from ............and why to Australia

Where do you come from ............and why to Australia

Old Jul 1st 2007, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

BayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud of
Default Re: Where do you come from ............and why to Australia

Originally Posted by s-jmelbournewannabe
Baywhale, please post some more you will have loads of interesting stories to tell,,,,,, please!! Can you remember the crossing? what was it like?? S-j x
OK S-j

I supose when I think about it it's my mum's story. I'm not very brave when it comes to message boards but I think I will start a new thread.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 8:02 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BayWhale
OK S-j

I supose when I think about it it's my mum's story. I'm not very brave when it comes to message boards but I think I will start a new thread.

That would be fabulous of you! this is the first time i have ever done message boards too, apart from a brief encounter with 2 others!! This is an exception though i think!

S-j x i'll look for it.!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

BayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud ofBayWhale has much to be proud of

Hello again S-j just noticed your localtion , Chesterfield. My it's a small world, we were on our way to Chesterfield when the news of Kennedy's assination came over the radio.
Old Jul 1st 2007, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

s-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond reputes-jmelbournewannabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BayWhale
Hello again S-j just noticed your localtion , Chesterfield. My it's a small world, we were on our way to Chesterfield when the news of Kennedy's assination came over the radio.

Is'nt it wierd what you remember!! get typing that thread and post on here where you've put it, cant wait to read it!
Old Jul 1st 2007, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

It's there S-j under My Mum's Story
Old Jul 1st 2007, 2:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

DianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud ofDianneH68 has much to be proud of

Hull>Newcastle>Grimsby>York>Richmond (Surrey)> Melbourne (via a working holiday visa a couple of years ago).

I'd always wanted to live in Australia and spent about a year here on a WHV (three months in Brisbane, two months in Melb, a few months travelling).
Managed to get a company in Melb to sponsor me on a 457 and, as we don't qualify for an independent visa, didn't have many options so moved here in November last year!!!!!
Loving Melbourne though - it's a fantastic vibrant, cosmopolitan city - but can't get away from the desire to go back to Brisbane one day (this freezing weather is killing me .)
Hopefully if the company sponsors me for residency this may one day become an option, and they've also said there's a good chance of them opening an office in Brisbane in a couple of years.
So we'll see.
I miss nothing at all about the UK and am dreading the day I may have to move back if company doesn't sponsor me for residency within the next four years
Old Jul 1st 2007, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DianneH68
Hull>Newcastle>Grimsby>York>Richmond (Surrey)> Melbourne (via a working holiday visa a couple of years ago).

I'd always wanted to live in Australia and spent about a year here on a WHV (three months in Brisbane, two months in Melb, a few months travelling).
Managed to get a company in Melb to sponsor me on a 457 and, as we don't qualify for an independent visa, didn't have many options so moved here in November last year!!!!!
Loving Melbourne though - it's a fantastic vibrant, cosmopolitan city - but can't get away from the desire to go back to Brisbane one day (this freezing weather is killing me .)
Hopefully if the company sponsors me for residency this may one day become an option, and they've also said there's a good chance of them opening an office in Brisbane in a couple of years.
So we'll see.
I miss nothing at all about the UK and am dreading the day I may have to move back if company doesn't sponsor me for residency within the next four years
Surrey>Hampshire>Sydney>Brisbane

Lost all our money in recession in 90's so had a mortgage worth a lot more than the house. Future didn't look too good with 3 kids so decided to do something different. OH wangled job offer in Sydney (never been there before) so grabbed it and got on first available flight. Loved Sydney but couldn't afford to buy a house there so headed north. Been here 7 yrs and love it.