Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where do you come from ............and why to Australia

Where do you come from ............and why to Australia

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:00 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do you come from ............and why to Australia

Originally Posted by Fiona&malc
i was born there, and so were my kids
I think alot of people were. In the Maternity. Its no longer there. Its new houses now i believe.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:21 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jockstar
I think alot of people were. In the Maternity. Its no longer there. Its new houses now i believe.
i know, quite sad really, my little boy was one of the last babies to be born there before it closed
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:23 am
Made the move -

Fiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond reputeFiona&malc has a reputation beyond repute

ok, where im from... Hamilton (nr Glasgow) now Mildura, Australia
why? - lots of reasons, too many and personal to go into, however one of the reasons was to give our kids a better lifestyle, which they certainly have
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 8:13 am
BE Enthusiast

ragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really nice

you all seem to have given long versions so here is mine.

Hayes Middlesex>Melbourne Victoria>Melton Victoria>Wood Green North London>Enfield Middlesex>Snodland Kent>Edmonton North London>Royston Hertfordshire>Potters Bar Hertfordshire>Letchworth Hertfordshire>Earls Colne North Essex and last but not least Redcliffe Brisbane.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ragner
you all seem to have given long versions so here is mine.

Hayes Middlesex>Melbourne Victoria>Melton Victoria>Wood Green North London>Enfield Middlesex>Snodland Kent>Edmonton North London>Royston Hertfordshire>Potters Bar Hertfordshire>Letchworth Hertfordshire>Earls Colne North Essex and last but not least Redcliffe Brisbane.
Was you in Snodland long?
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

ragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really niceragner is just really nice

Originally Posted by medwaymark
Was you in Snodland long?
I lived in Snodland from 1977 to 1981
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:28 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Hello. I was raised in Letchworth. Also Lived in both Wood Green and Enfield (Ponders End too .. but let's gloss over that).
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hutch
Hello. I was raised in Letchworth. Also Lived in both Wood Green and Enfield (Ponders End too .. but let's gloss over that).
Blimey! |NSW is a little better than Ponders End and Wood Green
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:00 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Blimey! |NSW is a little better than Ponders End and Wood Green
Come come, the majesty that is the A10 fringed as it is by pikeys selling dog-eared flowers from lay-bys, wreathes to crash victims on every second lamp-post, down-at-heel ball-bearing factories, car auction houses crammed to the gunnels with two-bit thugs flogging wound-back cut-and-shunts and houses so covered in grime and airborne pollutants spewed by the never-ending convoy of despair of cars and white vans .... simply can't compare to the Princes Highway fringed at is by the wooded escarpments on one side and the Pacific ocean on the other ...

Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Come come, the majesty that is the A10 fringed as it is by pikeys selling dog-eared flowers from lay-bys, wreathes to crash victims on every second lamp-post, down-at-heel ball-bearing factories, car auction houses crammed to the gunnels with two-bit thugs flogging wound-back cut-and-shunts and houses so covered in grime and airborne pollutants spewed by the never-ending convoy of despair of cars and white vans .... simply can't compare to the Princes Highway fringed at is by the wooded escarpments on one side and the Pacific ocean on the other ...

Sod it! i have just told the wife to pack up ...............................we are going back to Enfield ........you have sold it to me.

How I miss that co2 ,dirt ,crap, grime,traffic,grey days that turn into weeks,hoodies,and the respect that all kids have to adults

Last edited by ragner; Jun 22nd 2007 at 2:21 pm.
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

North Herts > London > Paris > London > Australia > North Herts > New York > Bath > San Francisco > Bath > Gloucestershire > South Coast NSW ...
Glasgow>Belfast>Dublin>Boston>Dublin>Belfast>Melbo urne>London>Glasgow>Belfast>Melbourne>Glasgow>Bris bane

Met my future wife on the first trip to Melbourne, travelled around a bit with work and then thought Australia would be the best place to settle down. But I then realised if I came to Melbourne with my current work they'd keep sending me back to UK. So to make a total break from work, came to Brisbane, where we'd never been before.

Probably doesn't make sense, but it did to us at the time

JTL
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Glasgow>Belfast>Dublin>Boston>Dublin>Belfast>Melbo urne>London>Glasgow>Belfast>Melbourne>Glasgow>Bris bane

Met my future wife on the first trip to Melbourne, travelled around a bit with work and then thought Australia would be the best place to settle down. But I then realised if I came to Melbourne with my current work they'd keep sending me back to UK. So to make a total break from work, came to Brisbane, where we'd never been before.

Probably doesn't make sense, but it did to us at the time

JTL
looks like you've clocked up some air miles
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 2:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

looks like you've clocked up some air miles
Clocked them up and used 'em up I haven't flown in almost 3 years now.(even lost my BA silver card *sniff*) I'd had enough of it. I'm happy to stay here now

JTL
Old Jun 22nd 2007, 3:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

I was dragged up in Hatfield
Old Jun 23rd 2007, 6:11 am
Freedom!

Jockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond reputeJockstar has a reputation beyond repute

Long version.
Bellshill-London-Birmingham-Bellshill-Luton-Leicster-Summerset-London-Swan Hill-Melbourne-London-Sydney-London-Auckland-London-Bangkok-Sydney

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.