Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Where do you buy your clothes from?

Where do you buy your clothes from?

Old Jul 3rd 2012, 4:08 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Where do you buy your clothes from?

I have bought from Target (I refuse to say 'Tar-jay' ) and some stuff has been OK, others fallen apart.

Brought some PJs from Myer, had them 2 months and now there is a hole in them and other stuff from Myer has proven to be shite as well.

Bought underwear from Target and it has barely been washed a couple of times and fallen apart, underwear from Myer has done a little better and Bras n' things' is not too bad.

Rockmans is OK for work stuff.

So lately I have been saving up and doing a 'big shop' from M&S and so far I have not been disappointed and will probably stick with getting stuff from there, I am quite happy with the quality and some of the stuff works out quite cheap.

Where do you get your clothes from?
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 4:17 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where do you buy your clothes from?

Wiggle (gym/running gear), Kathmandu, NEXT, M&S (undies from both), Target, Just Jeans, Dotti, sometimes Kmart & Big W! lol
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 4:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cheetah7
I have bought from Target (I refuse to say 'Tar-jay' ) and some stuff has been OK, others fallen apart.

Brought some PJs from Myer, had them 2 months and now there is a hole in them and other stuff from Myer has proven to be shite as well.

Bought underwear from Target and it has barely been washed a couple of times and fallen apart, underwear from Myer has done a little better and Bras n' things' is not too bad.

Rockmans is OK for work stuff.

So lately I have been saving up and doing a 'big shop' from M&S and so far I have not been disappointed and will probably stick with getting stuff from there, I am quite happy with the quality and some of the stuff works out quite cheap.

Where do you get your clothes from?

OP shops Not cause I am poor, despite the best attempts of the gillard govt to send me that way

I just love clothes from different eras, countries, old designer stuff.

Then I mix them with jeans or basics like bonds T, old leather belts.

I am quite a nut for the odd K mart bargain, got some black peg leg pants that fall beautifully last week,a tenner, and a pair of ink blue jeans in big w for $18. Mixed with some vintage find they it look good.

Summer is a nightmare for me, the OZ sun is so strong and I seem to be almost allergic to it now I have to cover up, so many linen, cheesecloth type floaty garments that cover most of the bod but are still lightweight. Big hats and even a UV umbrella I get really sick of how limiting summer is, fashion wise. Most women seem to live in cut off pants and a singlet, but its not at all flattering to anyone.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 4:37 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Ann Summers
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 4:52 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Ann Summers
You read my mind

I'm a Target/K-Mart kind of guy ... with a body like mine I can wear a shopping bag and look the business.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 4:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DeadVim
You read my mind

... with a body like mine I can wear a shopping bag and look the business.

What? Over your head
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 6:06 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
OP shops Not cause I am poor, despite the best attempts of the gillard govt to send me that way

I am quite a nut for the odd K mart bargain, got some black peg leg pants that fall beautifully last week,a tenner, and a pair of ink blue jeans in big w for $18. Mixed with some vintage find they it look good.

Summer is a nightmare for me, the OZ sun is so strong and I seem to be almost allergic to it now I have to cover up, so many linen, cheesecloth type floaty garments that cover most of the bod but are still lightweight. Big hats and even a UV umbrella I get really sick of how limiting summer is, fashion wise. Most women seem to live in cut off pants and a singlet, but its not at all flattering to anyone.
I have bought jeans from Jeans West(?) think its called that and have been happy with them.

Boots I have bought from Betts but only like real leather and a lot of their stuff isnt, got some nice leather sandals from Rivers but my favs are a nice pair of leather work shoes form M&S - really pleased with them.

I too have to cover up from the sun and find nice long sleeved stuff for summer impossible to find, ordered some stuff from the UK but I am generally surprised they dont sell more long sleeved stuff here.

I have seen some people walking around with those little UV protector brollies, not sure how effective they are but I cant tolerate the sun now at all so must look in to that.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

My sister and MIL send me undies from Tescos and M&S. I buy shoes from the UK when I go back, but flip flops from Target or big W. Some basic T-shirts from both of the latter. I was given a Sportscraft voucher and got some raspberry coloured jeans and a shirt from there, but I prefer my $9 blue denim ones from Big W!
Got a lovely long cable knit cardi from Parrakeets. I get a lot of cheap summer stuff from SES, and get cheap swimmers from Doublebay- last swimming costume cost $1, so I got 3 for DD. At that price, reduced from $40, it doesn't matter if they only last 6 weeks.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 6:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I have seen some people walking around with those little UV protector brollies, not sure how effective they are but I cant tolerate the sun now at all so must look in to that.
I expected people to gawp at me using a sun umbrella, but they dont, less reaction than when you wear some huge hat.

See quite a few asian ladies/students protecting their skin in brisbane and thought why not

Cancer council does a good one, partner broke mine so I ended up using a UV 50 golf umbrella, that may be why they dont gawp, I have knocked them off the sidewalk before they get the chance
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 6:22 am

I expected people to gawp at me using a sun umbrella, but they dont, less reaction than when you wear some huge hat.

See quite a few asian ladies/students protecting their skin in brisbane and thought why not

Cancer council does a good one, partner broke mine so I ended up using a UV 50 golf umbrella, that may be why they dont gawp, I have knocked them off the sidewalk before they get the chance
I like the small ones I see the Asian ladies with, the Cancer Council one is huge of Mary Poppins proportions. I cant even have 4 minutes of exposure now so am going to look into getting a brolly, I wonder if you could still wear a T shirt and use the brolly to protect the skin?

Sometimes it is just too hot for a hat.

I got some lovely light tops from the UK which arrived last week, perfect for Summer, I even wear total sunblock for work as we have naked flouro lights in the office.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 7:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Pants that fall beautifully . . OK, easily . . . are my favourite too.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 7:30 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

I buy my jeans/pants (hard enough to get on, let alone have them fall off) from whatever cheapo chain store I find them in. Undies from Myer (get holes quickly, but good 'til they do) bras from Best & Less, Tops from Op Shops.

I LOVE op shops for unusual bargains.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by spartacus
Pants that fall beautifully . . OK, easily . . . are my favourite too.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 7:37 am

Originally Posted by brissybee
I buy my jeans/pants (hard enough to get on, let alone have them fall off) from whatever cheapo chain store I find them in. Undies from Myer (get holes quickly, but good 'til they do) bras from Best & Less, Tops from Op Shops.

I LOVE op shops for unusual bargains.
In our local Op Shop I havent found anything of interest, might try the ones in Freo.

Mr PP buys his T shirts from Myer and they always shrink, I think Rivers ones do as well.

Must admit to not liking the clothes selection here and its frustrating trying to find nice, smart stuff for work that doesnt look too old fashioned.
Old Jul 3rd 2012, 7:56 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

In our local Op Shop I havent found anything of interest, might try the ones in Freo.

Mr PP buys his T shirts from Myer and they always shrink, I think Rivers ones do as well.

Must admit to not liking the clothes selection here and its frustrating trying to find nice, smart stuff for work that doesnt look too old fashioned.
I got a Max Mara silk shirt recently and a nice black wool blend jacket!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.