Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

When will Japs stop killing our whales?

When will Japs stop killing our whales?

Old Dec 19th 2009, 11:48 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When will Japs stop killing our whales?

Originally Posted by Centurion
Let's be honest though. If it were not for activist groups such as Sea Shepherd then our government would be quite happy just to brush this issue under the carpet and not irritate a major trade partner and regional power.
True, and if it wasn't for the riots there would still be poll tax in the UK. Sometimes you have to take matters in to your own hands to get a result.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 11:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
True, and if it wasn't for the riots there would still be poll tax in the UK. Sometimes you have to take matters in to your own hands to get a result.
Shame that, the poll tax was the fairest way to pay for local services.
Old Dec 20th 2009, 12:33 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Let's arm the whales
..... or send them a trained sniper of our aqaintance?
Old Dec 20th 2009, 12:35 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Just read this which tells still Japaense are hunting whales near Australian waters and show arrogance when asked to stop it

http://www.theage.com.au/environment...1218-l5vb.html

Can't believe how easily they are breaking the Whale Ban and making merry with their hunting spree. Sad
As they were really never a signatory to the treaty, they don't really need to abide by it. Surprisingly they were never a signatory to the Geneva Convention on the treatment of prisoners of war either.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

chris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud ofchris1386 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Bloke
As they were really never a signatory to the treaty, they don't really need to abide by it. Surprisingly they were never a signatory to the Geneva Convention on the treatment of prisoners of war either.
Perhaps not quite so surprisingly.......
Old Dec 21st 2009, 8:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

. . . when they are full.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:40 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Whales, or ‘sea rats’ as I call them, are a filthy scourge upon our majestic oceans. And what do they even look like? Ignoring the general shape of their body, I defy anybody to take a pen and draw a whale’s face. Why is that? What are they trying to hide? I suggest we whale them to extinction and ask questions later.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Call me AL
Whales, or ‘sea rats’ as I call them, are a filthy scourge upon our majestic oceans. And what do they even look like? Ignoring the general shape of their body, I defy anybody to take a pen and draw a whale’s face. Why is that? What are they trying to hide? I suggest we whale them to extinction and ask questions later.
What are you harpooning on about now?
Old Dec 21st 2009, 9:51 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Have any of you eaten Whale?

Well, it's bloody delicious and I'd take it over beef anytime. And look at all the steaks you get from one animal! So until then sssh up.

The Seashepherds are a disgrace to themselves and all the people who pour billions into the project. They do risk lives, and waste a shit load of petrol!

If you let all the whales live there'd be no bloody fish, it's mainly the minke whale they catch not the blue, sperm, or humpback.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 10:00 pm
saoirse

Call me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond reputeCall me AL has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by welshviking
Have any of you eaten Whale?

Well, it's bloody delicious and I'd take it over beef anytime. And look at all the steaks you get from one animal! So until then sssh up.

The Seashepherds are a disgrace to themselves and all the people who pour billions into the project. They do risk lives, and waste a shit load of petrol!

If you let all the whales live there'd be no bloody fish, it's mainly the minke whale they catch not the blue, sperm, or humpback.
Quite right WV. As for seals, or ‘ice rats’ as I call them, have you ever tasted Seal Stew ? It is a delicacy, and I contest that stew made from clubbed seals is clearly tastier than seals euthanised by lethal injection. I proved this conclusively in a Pepsi-style challenge a few years back, when I successfully picked clubbed stew in 51% of cases.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 10:02 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Quite right WV. As for seals, or ‘ice rats’ as I call them, have you ever tasted Seal Stew ? It is a delicacy, and I contest that stew made from clubbed seals is clearly tastier than seals euthanised by lethal injection. I proved this conclusively in a Pepsi-style challenge a few years back, when I successfully picked clubbed stew in 51% of cases.
Al, I'm serious lovely.

And what the hell you doing posting during your fabby time in NY...surely there's better things to do?
Old Dec 21st 2009, 10:04 pm
saoirse

Originally Posted by welshviking
Al, I'm serious lovely.

And what the hell you doing posting during your fabby time in NY...surely there's better things to do?
Quite right once again. Thats me out to the pub.
Old Dec 21st 2009, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Quite right once again. Thats me out to the pub.
Be sure to look out for the NYPD choir.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 3:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

There used to be a whaling station in Albany, WA - I went there as a small child with my grandfather when we'd visit him on holidays. My mum would sit in the car and cry - it was disgusting and I can still smell it. Having family with stations and farms, I've also seen cattle and poultry slaughtered, the memories aren't nearly as awful.

Everyone should go whale watching - I've been a couple of times with my husband and kids, the experience for me was spiritual. My kids quite often put on home video and the whale watching ones still give me goosebumps and bring tears to my eyes watching them.
Old Dec 22nd 2009, 3:55 am
live free or die

Originally Posted by Kim67
There used to be a whaling station in Albany, WA - I went there as a small child with my grandfather when we'd visit him on holidays. My mum would sit in the car and cry - it was disgusting and I can still smell it. Having family with stations and farms, I've also seen cattle and poultry slaughtered, the memories aren't nearly as awful.

Everyone should go whale watching - I've been a couple of times with my husband and kids, the experience for me was spiritual. My kids quite often put on home video and the whale watching ones still give me goosebumps and bring tears to my eyes watching them.
We went whale watching.......we wish we'd had a harpoon with us....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.