Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

When will Japs stop killing our whales?

When will Japs stop killing our whales?

Old Dec 18th 2009, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

mpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud ofmpgrewal has much to be proud of
Default When will Japs stop killing our whales?

Just read this which tells still Japaense are hunting whales near Australian waters and show arrogance when asked to stop it

http://www.theage.com.au/environment...1218-l5vb.html

Can't believe how easily they are breaking the Whale Ban and making merry with their hunting spree. Sad
Old Dec 18th 2009, 6:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When will Japs stop killing our whales?

Is'nt it for "scientific reasons"?.....Yeah right!Thats been going for years,and its about time it stopped!
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't treehugger Garrett say he was going to fix this? OH, sorry, forgot, that was before he got elected.
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:14 pm

viviennef is an unknown quantity at this point

Politically its a really tricky situation. I think the government are doing what they can. I find this subject too emotive to comment on first thing in the morning
Old Dec 18th 2009, 10:15 pm
Forum Regular

ColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud ofColonialCousin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mpgrewal
Just read this which tells still Japaense are hunting whales near Australian waters and show arrogance when asked to stop it

http://www.theage.com.au/environment...1218-l5vb.html

Can't believe how easily they are breaking the Whale Ban and making merry with their hunting spree. Sad
And pray tell me what is wrong with hunting whales in International Waters?

Or is there some monumental difference between Chooks, Cows, and other animals being killed to satisfy the western palate, and the whales being killed to satisfy the oriental?

I find it rather hypocritical for people to be harping on about Japanese killing the whales and then throwing a hissy fit at a RAAF officer because Lamb wasn't served on a prime ministerial flight. (KRudd, I'm looking at you).
Old Dec 19th 2009, 12:52 am
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ColonialCousin
And pray tell me what is wrong with hunting whales in International Waters?

Or is there some monumental difference between Chooks, Cows, and other animals being killed to satisfy the western palate, and the whales being killed to satisfy the oriental?
Numbers for a start. Many species of whales are listed as endangered or vulnerable. The same cannot be said for chooks and cows.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

If Rudd had the balls to tell them if they don,t stop now, he,ll sue their government in the courts. They may listen then.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 12:59 am
pink 'n' bouncy

stuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond reputestuckinblighty has a reputation beyond repute

since when have they been 'our' whales ?
Old Dec 19th 2009, 1:07 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Let's arm the whales
Old Dec 19th 2009, 1:50 am

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stuckinblighty
since when have they been 'our' whales ?
I think thats meant in a global sense of a worldwide protected species under UN law.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 9:49 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I agree with what they're fighting for, I can't condone Seashepherds' methods.

If you feel strongly about this issue, please watch the video on this link and sign the petition to help get the Tokyo Two a fair trial.

http://www.greenpeace.org/australia/issues/whales
Old Dec 19th 2009, 10:00 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Seasider
Whilst I agree with what they're fighting for, I can't condone Seashepherds' methods.
Let's be honest though. If it were not for activist groups such as Sea Shepherd then our government would be quite happy just to brush this issue under the carpet and not irritate a major trade partner and regional power.

Thing is, I can't see the vast majority of people objecting to a ship being deliberately placed between a harpoon ship in contravention of international law and a wild whale fleeing from death. The activists are morally right and they know it.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 10:06 pm
Auntie Fa

Kooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond reputeKooky. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Let's be honest though. If it were not for activist groups such as Sea Shepherd then our government would be quite happy just to brush this issue under the carpet and not irritate a major trade partner and regional power.

Thing is, I can't see the vast majority of people objecting to a ship being deliberately placed between a harpoon ship in contravention of international law and a wild whale fleeing from death. The activists are morally right and they know it.
I agree with you on all of that. I just think this particular group goes a bit far and endangers people, which is rather ironic.
Old Dec 19th 2009, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Let's arm the whales
They don't have thumbs . . . hand grenades would be next to useless I'm afraid . .
Old Dec 19th 2009, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by spartacus
They don't have thumbs . . . hand grenades would be next to useless I'm afraid . .
Frikin' Lazer beams on their heads. Its the only sure way.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.