Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

At what point do you stamp your feet & start shouting?

At what point do you stamp your feet & start shouting?

Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:26 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At what point do you stamp your feet & start shouting?

I spoke to Acer again this morning, what they were saying didn't quite ring true, so I rang Australian Air Express who were the initial sub contract couriers for DHL. I gave them the POC number & the initial CON number. They informed me that they had no POD for that CON See I've even learned the freaking lingo
They later rang back & stated that my CON had been mistakenly attached to a larger CON [all of the same make & model as mine ] It had been delivered the next working day to Acer @ Homebush. So for the last 6 weeks it has sat in Acers warehouse gathering dust.
Acer rang late this afternoon apologising profusely & informing me that they had indeed found the missing laptop in their warehouse. They are hoping to "expedite the usual 7-10 working days & have it back to me before next Wednesday" I won't be holding my breath
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:34 am
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I spoke to Acer again this morning, what they were saying didn't quite ring true, so I rang Australian Air Express who were the initial sub contract couriers for DHL. I gave them the POC number & the initial CON number. They informed me that they had no POD for that CON See I've even learned the freaking lingo
They later rang back & stated that my CON had been mistakenly attached to a larger CON [all of the same make & model as mine ] It had been delivered the next working day to Acer @ Homebush. So for the last 6 weeks it has sat in Acers warehouse gathering dust.
Acer rang late this afternoon apologising profusely & informing me that they had indeed found the missing laptop in their warehouse. They are hoping to "expedite the usual 7-10 working days & have it back to me before next Wednesday" I won't be holding my breath

incompetence you can't beat it

think you should start a sweepstake on when/if it ever gets returned my money's on 15 days
Old Jun 15th 2011, 7:37 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN

incompetence you can't beat it

think you should start a sweepstake on when/if it ever gets returned my money's on 15 days
Remember he is in the sticks somewhere north of brisbane....my money would be on 15 days to brisbane then another 6 weeks to get it up the Bruce Highway to Gympie ........by which time it could be raining again and the highway will be shut
Old Jun 15th 2011, 8:06 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

When "We Will Rock You" comes on the radio.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 8:22 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Remember he is in the sticks somewhere north of brisbane....my money would be on 15 days to brisbane then another 6 weeks to get it up the Bruce Highway to Gympie ........by which time it could be raining again and the highway will be shut
You wouldn't believe what happened last week. Customer bought a pallet of tiles from a retailer in Brisbane & paid an extra $200 to have them delivered to their address on the Wide Bay Highway at Bells Bridge, that's just 14 K North of Gympie. The pallet arrived at a distribution centre on the sunshine Coast via a large Truck. It was then loaded onto a smaller Ute for delivery to Bells Bridge.
When my customer didn't receive the pallet by PM on the Tuesday he rang to find out why. The Ute driver had driven to Gympie, realised that Bells Bridge was another 14k & refused to go the extra k's. He then entered the load as "not delivered" & took it back to the distribution centre. By the time my customer rang to enquire the pallet had just about arrived back in Brisbane. Via the same bloke that refused to deliver it the extra 14k. So he drove to Gympie from the Sunshine Coast, turned around & drove all the way to Brisbane, what a feckwit
The tile shop apologised & arranged for an independent courier to freight the pallet direct to Bells bridge the following day.
Pallet arrived & driver unloaded the 80 odd boxes stacking them in piles of 20 high by the door. The bottom 3 boxes in each stack are smashed to pieces due to the weight on top. They now can't source the same batch so all have to be returned & another style chosen. You couldn't make it up
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

You wouldn't believe what happened last week. Customer bought a pallet of tiles from a retailer in Brisbane & paid an extra $200 to have them delivered to their address on the Wide Bay Highway at Bells Bridge, that's just 14 K North of Gympie. The pallet arrived at a distribution centre on the sunshine Coast via a large Truck. It was then loaded onto a smaller Ute for delivery to Bells Bridge.
When my customer didn't receive the pallet by PM on the Tuesday he rang to find out why. The Ute driver had driven to Gympie, realised that Bells Bridge was another 14k & refused to go the extra k's. He then entered the load as "not delivered" & took it back to the distribution centre. By the time my customer rang to enquire the pallet had just about arrived back in Brisbane. Via the same bloke that refused to deliver it the extra 14k. So he drove to Gympie from the Sunshine Coast, turned around & drove all the way to Brisbane, what a feckwit
The tile shop apologised & arranged for an independent courier to freight the pallet direct to Bells bridge the following day.
Pallet arrived & driver unloaded the 80 odd boxes stacking them in piles of 20 high by the door. The bottom 3 boxes in each stack are smashed to pieces due to the weight on top. They now can't source the same batch so all have to be returned & another style chosen. You couldn't make it up
You're right, you couldn't. And only the fact that I've spent so long living here allows me to believe that every word of it is true
Old Jun 15th 2011, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

My acer laptop has recently stopped charging... I have to ring them... I feel a bit sick now
Old Jun 15th 2011, 12:33 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LouiseR
My acer laptop has recently stopped charging... I have to ring them... I feel a bit sick now
If it's not under warranty then don't bother with acer. Even if it is phone them and ask if they have an authorized service center near you.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 1:10 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LouiseR
snap, so has mine haven't phoned yet as I've worked out it's the battery but the UK website won't let me order a bettery I can get a charger or more memory but no battery FFS

can order form the states but can't be arsed at the moment

won't be buying another one
Old Jun 15th 2011, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
snap, so has mine haven't phoned yet as I've worked out it's the battery but the UK website won't let me order a bettery I can get a charger or more memory but no battery FFS

can order form the states but can't be arsed at the moment

won't be buying another one
Get a generic one, plenty of options available. Someone posted a link a while back for laptop batteries.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 5:09 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

Get a generic one, plenty of options available. Someone posted a link a while back for laptop batteries.
cheers however can't be arsed'ness still reigns supreme
Old Jun 16th 2011, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

Jackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really niceJackier is just really nice

Having spent waaaaaayyyyy too much of my life arguing with call centers I now do the following:
1. Make a call to report the problem.
2. Get the employee number of the person you're talking to (they usually refuse to give their full name.
3. Agree a time frame of when they will come back to you.
4. Log the time and details of the call.
5. When they haven't contacted you in the agreed time frame, repeat steps 1-4
6. Log onto the company's website and get an email address for them, or use the contact us portal. Give details, times, dates of calls and the nature of your complaint. Stare that a copy of the email has been sent to your legal advisor and they will be taking action if you don't receive a reply within 48 hours.
7. Sit back and wait for them to sort it out - works every time :-)
Old Jun 16th 2011, 1:02 pm
Banned

BenSmith78 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had so many problems with electronic shops - no one knows how to bloody fix things at these places
Old Jun 20th 2011, 7:37 am

Laptop arrived back this AM all fixed
Two & a half months to fix it, well done acer, excellent service I'll be sure to buy another of your excellent products NOT!
Old Jun 20th 2011, 8:46 am
Worongary

steve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond reputesteve`o has a reputation beyond repute

Laptop arrived back this AM all fixed
Two & a half months to fix it, well done acer, excellent service I'll be sure to buy another of your excellent products NOT!
i strongly suspect there was a hint of sarcasm in that post

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.