Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

At what point do you stamp your feet & start shouting?

At what point do you stamp your feet & start shouting?

Old Jun 14th 2011, 10:57 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default At what point do you stamp your feet & start shouting?

I bought Deb a laptop about 15 months ago. We got a good deal from our local JB Hi-Fi on an Acer Aspire. Exactly 13 months after purchase it refused to boot one morning, April 11th to be exact. A quick check confirmed the HD was dead. I rang JB's as we haggled & got a 3 year "No Lemon" extended warranty. They gave me a case number & took my details, three days later DHL rang & left a message asking that I call them with an email address. I rang them straight back & explained that as I had no computer they would need to fax me the necessary bar codes & delivery info. Several phone calls later we still had no bar codes. Eventually I spent an entire morning waiting on hold to speak to a human. Bar codes arrived via fax 10 mins later.
Three days past & no contact so another morning resulting in a "yes well collect on Tuesday", followed next day by a "Sorry make that Thursday"
Anyway after much procrastination the laptop was eventually picked up on 5th May, signed for by the driver [name withheld]
We then waited three weeks & heard nothing so called Acer. first dept. said "Yes it's fixed, but we don't know how to get it back to you"
Passed on to someone else who says "Sorry it's not even arrived yet!"
That was followed by another phone call on Friday June 3rd to inform me that they were still looking for it.
Another 10 days have passed & still they haven't found it.
Have I been patient enough for long enough?
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:12 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: At what point do you stamp your feet & start shouting?

Originally Posted by cresta57
Yes. You've been far more patietn than I would have been.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

You should try breaking your fingers in Rockingham

Attend the fracture clinic in two days, phone between 2& 4

Two days is saturday... You phone

They arent open

You phone on Monday

We havent heard of you, no refereal you dont exist

Try Freo

You try Freo

We havent heard of you, no referal you dont exist

You phone rockingham

Your referal hasnt been faxed, we'll do that right now, phone them tomorrow

You phone rockingham

We havent heard of you, no referal, you dont exist

try Freo

We havent heard of you, no referal, you dont exist

but if you phone rocko and ask them to fax the referal through to feo we will see you once we have that referal

You phone rocko and say WTF is going on... ???

They say

We dont do hands, they get done in freo

We are now faxing the referal

Phone them tomorrow

So we'll see what Wednesday brings then shall we? Bearing in mind the injury was last THURSDAY
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:57 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Pretty much at the moment I wake up and realize I'm still alive.

Sorry you were more interested in your problems...

First and foremost be patient.

You need to do your home work. You live in the land where off loading and complete lack of desire to help are considered valued skills Start talking to the relevant government agencies that can give you advice on your situation. Until you can inform the monkeys at ACER (and for pretty much all retail companies in the country) what your rights are and what their consequences are you won't find a helpful ear there. Companies here thrive on your ignorance and frustrating you into going away. They couldn't careless if you go away unhappy screaming you will never buy their shit ever again... cause that means you're now not their problem. But when you start saying, this is what so and so at the office of so and so said about what you are obligated to do. How about I forward your name onto them and let them deal with you directly... What is your first and last name and your direct line... Or! maybe you would like to help me so I don't have to escalate this.

Over the years I've had to bring out a pdf I printed off that's from the office of fair trading in a few of the larger electronic stores and read to them the obligations they are expected to abide by or cop a fine. They pretty much put the bullshit always and begrudgingly start helping.

Last edited by furbacchione; Jun 14th 2011 at 12:24 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:05 pm
Shiny Arse Know All

ROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond reputeROMFT_WO2RN has a reputation beyond repute

I bought Deb a laptop about 15 months ago. We got a good deal from our local JB Hi-Fi on an Acer Aspire. Exactly 13 months after purchase it refused to boot one morning, April 11th to be exact. A quick check confirmed the HD was dead. I rang JB's as we haggled & got a 3 year "No Lemon" extended warranty. They gave me a case number & took my details, three days later DHL rang & left a message asking that I call them with an email address. I rang them straight back & explained that as I had no computer they would need to fax me the necessary bar codes & delivery info. Several phone calls later we still had no bar codes. Eventually I spent an entire morning waiting on hold to speak to a human. Bar codes arrived via fax 10 mins later.
Three days past & no contact so another morning resulting in a "yes well collect on Tuesday", followed next day by a "Sorry make that Thursday"
Anyway after much procrastination the laptop was eventually picked up on 5th May, signed for by the driver [name withheld]
We then waited three weeks & heard nothing so called Acer. first dept. said "Yes it's fixed, but we don't know how to get it back to you"
That was followed by another phone call on Friday June 3rd to inform me that they were still looking for it.
far too patient start shouting and screaming and going up the chain of command!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:21 pm

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
I've done that, though at the point when I asked the DHL manager if their sub contract courier was a dyslexic mono-pod I kind of knew I'd blown it
I then had to ring JB HI-FI & ask for their manager only to be fobbed off numerous times before she made the mistake of using the Whining Pom term at which point I asked if the message at the beginning "this conversation is recorded for training purposes" cut both ways. Followed by "Fedex can get stuff to me in two days from the U.S.A you ****wits can't even get a parcel to Sydney in a month"
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:28 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ROMFT_WO2RN
Wont' work the ACER front line monkeys are not allowed to give you contact information to anyone else. I was demanding the very same thing from a monkey there and his answer was "as long as I don't break acers rules my job is safe"

If you get abusive it gives them the right to cut off contact. I suspect that that's a legitimate tactic they and many companies here employ.

Last edited by furbacchione; Jun 14th 2011 at 12:31 pm.
Old Jun 14th 2011, 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by furbacchione
Wont' work the ACER front line monkeys are not allowed to give you contact information to anyone else. I was demanding the very same thing from a monkey there and his answer was "as long as I don't break acers rules my job is safe"

If you get abusive it gives them the right to cut off contact. I suspect that that's a legitimate tactic they and many companies here employ.
To right I got a call from a guy called Malek, he just seemed to organised to work for Acer. He promptly returned calls as promised & I faxed him all the details inc the delivery docket that the driver had signed, luckily they had her sig on file so could authenticate it.
When I rang to find out what progress he'd made I was informed he no longer worked for them
Must have been to good at his job
Old Jun 14th 2011, 10:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

The phrases "She'll be right mate Too easy and no worries' spring to mind.

Chillax man

Soreeee
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:10 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Stunningly bad service, both JBs and Acer

I was reading this thread while on hold to Amazon in the UK about a replacement kindle. Expecting a similar lack of interest and assistance I'm now stunned to have been told
a) they'll replace my broken kindle (the screen is cracked)
b) they'll pay the cost of returning it to them (its in London so thats not so great!!)
c) they'll send me a brand new one for free
d) they will even send out the new one at once, don't even have to send the old one back first
e) the guy on the phone apologised for his poor English, he said he is attending evening classes to improve and hopes I can understand him OK (WTF!!!) and for the fact that the kindle had stopped working!!

Thats customer service with bells on, maybe Acer should take note!
Old Jun 14th 2011, 11:30 pm

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Stunningly bad service, both JBs and Acer

I was reading this thread while on hold to Amazon in the UK about a replacement kindle. Expecting a similar lack of interest and assistance I'm now stunned to have been told
a) they'll replace my broken kindle (the screen is cracked)
b) they'll pay the cost of returning it to them (its in London so thats not so great!!)
c) they'll send me a brand new one for free
d) they will even send out the new one at once, don't even have to send the old one back first
e) the guy on the phone apologised for his poor English, he said he is attending evening classes to improve and hopes I can understand him OK (WTF!!!) and for the fact that the kindle had stopped working!!

I'm on hold to Acer right now, another morning spent on the phone instead of working. It would be cheaper to write it off as a loss. I just can't bring myself to do that

EDIT: I'm so sick of hearing these Spanish guitars that the next time some poor bloke wanders up serenading he's liable to get it smashed over his head. What kind of dumbass decided on a 30 sec repeat of this infernal strumming?

Last edited by cresta57; Jun 14th 2011 at 11:35 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:35 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

And I used to complain about crap customer service back home. It seems that even this lucky country of hard working battler mates doing it tough is not immune to the 'computer says no' culture.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 3:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Pollyana

They actually do. I worked in computer services for years and ACER America's service was excellent, here it's less than existent. I would class it as passively non-committal. I had a high up rep in the states say he would personally see that it got fixed for free if I could get the laptop to him, but it was up to me to pay the shipping... Where as the jerk offs here just kept sending it back to me without doing anything other than wiping the drive. Clearly their motive was to frustrate me enough so I would go away. The only reason I stopped pursuing it was the laptop got broken in a fall so house insurance covered it (and no it was a real accident).

Last edited by furbacchione; Jun 15th 2011 at 3:49 am.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:02 am
Banned

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
And I used to complain about crap customer service back home. It seems that even this lucky country of hard working battler mates doing it tough is not immune to the 'computer says no' culture.
Absolutely true. What I see here is it's institutionalized and almost rewarded. It's especially true in the banks here to the point that they're arrogant about it and how much they rip everyone off; insurance companies are a close second followed by the tv networks. I've never seen such a broad range and depth of corporations that are so arrogant and dismissive to the customer as here. And the governments lack of back bone and desire to do anything about it only encourages it. It's the sort of attitude I expect to see in developing nations not developed nations - at least not to the extent as it is here.
Old Jun 15th 2011, 4:09 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by furbacchione
Absolutely true. What I see here is it's institutionalized and almost rewarded. It's especially true in the banks here to the point that they're arrogant about it and how much they rip everyone off; insurance companies are a close second followed by the tv networks. I've never seen such a broad range and depth of corporations that are so arrogant and dismissive to the customer as here. And the governments lack of back bone and desire to do anything about it only encourages it. It's the sort of attitude I expect to see in developing nations not developed nations - at least not to the extent as it is here.
couldn't agree more, utter, utter contempt for the customer it seems
my list:
Telco's
Banks
Supermarkets
Major retailers
Airlines
TV channels

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.