Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What made you smile today?

Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:39 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile What made you smile today?

Taken from Emmals thread in the lounge.

I shall cheat and start from yesterday when I was on my way back from the beach and saw this huge owl sitting in the tree looking down at me.

And today I smiled at our neighbour who was walking around outide with a siamese cat perched on her shoulders.

Also, just how friendly everyone is where we live - always makes me smile.

Old Apr 12th 2008, 2:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Mumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud ofMumfords has much to be proud of
Default Re: What made you smile today?

be smiling in a few hours when we get our choc labrador puppy

Ann
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:00 am

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mumfords
be smiling in a few hours when we get our choc labrador puppy

Ann
Excellent!

I shall be smiling even more if I can get to see a dolphin - just a simple dolphin at Freo, not by going on a dolphin cruise, just seeing one all by myself.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:03 am
Forum Regular

jaycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Well today i had to smile as while shopping in woolworths i saw a green tree frog in the softdrink isle...thought it was fake at first as everyone just seemed not to notice it...but it was very much alive so i picked it up and took it to the front counter and asked them if they could take it outside and put it in the garden.....had to smile at some of the reactions though...even asked a bloke who declined to hold it....lol.
So that was my good deed of the day.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by jaycat
Well today i had to smile as while shopping in woolworths i saw a green tree frog in the softdrink isle...thought it was fake at first as everyone just seemed not to notice it...but it was very much alive so i picked it up and took it to the front counter and asked them if they could take it outside and put it in the garden.....had to smile at some of the reactions though...even asked a bloke who declined to hold it....lol.
So that was my good deed of the day.

I love seeing the wildlife here, I never tired of foxes/deer in the UK and I am like a kid in a sweetshop here, yesterday I had about 40 cockatoos around me on the ground in the park - I just stood there watching them.

Ive never seen a green tree frog.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:33 am
Jan4kids

Jan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond reputeJan4kids has a reputation beyond repute

My two year old coming into our bedroom first thing and having a go on the cross trainer (whilst in the buff )
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:37 am
BE Enthusiast

don544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond reputedon544 has a reputation beyond repute

accidently passed wind in coles, shouted "was that you?" to my wife.
everyone looked at her in disgust,
made me smile
Old Apr 12th 2008, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
My two year old coming into our bedroom first thing and having a go on the cross trainer (whilst in the buff )
How cute, you will have to remind your baby of this incident in 16 years time

Originally Posted by don544
made me smile

That is naughty, very naughty - but bloody funny though.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

I woke up smiling coz im going on Holiday today Off to Canberra this afternoon staying with Johns brother and having a couple of days in Sydney aswell. Looking forward to it as never been over to the otherside before

Nicky
Old Apr 12th 2008, 4:30 am
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

The glorious autumn weather today It was supposed to be 'a shower or two and 20oC' but it is sunny and warm - and it's the weekend of The Basin Music Festival. So, looking forward to a few pints in the local pub tonight, listening to one of my favourite local musicians - followed by the family day in the park tomorrow, sitting in my deck chair holding a bottle of bubbly

And - my oldest flirting with her husband-to-be at a party this morning (they're only 6!!!) Bless - I think.......
Old Apr 12th 2008, 5:09 am
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jan3kids
LOL! It could have been worse - it could have been your OH

Getting up this morning to a glorious sunny day and knowing I haven't got to do anything today apart from a bit of laundry- that always puts a smile on my face
Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:09 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

On another expat website someone asking if their dog was covered on their 457 visa. Smile, I thought I was going to wet my pants.
Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:15 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by don544
made me smile
To which she should have replied

"Yes not my best, but enough to keep them folks away from the broccolli"
Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

HE got out of bed early to finish the housework and woke me up by pushing a pillow into my back and tucking it in with the duvet so I wouldn't notice he had gone...

didn't let on I had woken

smiled and went back to sleep..

i luv im
Old Apr 12th 2008, 6:49 am
BE Enthusiast

annkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud ofannkc has much to be proud of

I went to see the red hot chilli pipers (not peppers) they were fab, what they can do we a set o piper is just brilliant.
Well it made all of us smile

annkc

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.