Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What has australia given the world?

What has australia given the world?

Old Sep 10th 2007, 8:48 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What has australia given the world?

Just to add -

Australia has given the world quite a bit in terms of Art (especially film) and sport.

I love the way Aussie films are slightly kooky and off the wall
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

ex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to allex Tassiemum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by SKIPPI79
Everywhere you go you always take the weather with you.......(Except if you come from Europe) Think it only applies to people leaving OZ!!

You can't forget Crowded House!!!
Crowded House are actually a very proud New Zealand band!.....I would love to claim them but alas, we cant!! Russell Crowe is also a New Zealander but they can have him! lol
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:09 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: What has australia given the world?

Originally Posted by ex Tassiemum
Crowded House are actually a very proud New Zealand band!.....I would love to claim them but alas, we cant!! Russell Crowe is also a New Zealander but they can have him! lol
You have to remember that we Aussies have a long and ignoble history of claiming Kiwis as our own (when it suits us!)

Phar Lap, Russell Crowe, Crowded House... I'm sure there's more!
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:10 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Re: What has australia given the world?

Originally Posted by Kapri
I love that song! It's brilliant in so many ways
It's just downright funky. Great beat, great rhythm, great lyrics, fantastic guitar work.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:12 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
You have to remember that we Aussies have a long and ignoble history of claiming Kiwis as our own (when it suits us!)

Phar Lap, Russell Crowe, Crowded House... I'm sure there's more!
You're partly entitled to because they seem to have to leave NZ and settle in Aus before they make it

I'd knock Mel Gibson off your list though and give him back to the Americans. He's turned out to be a complete bigot
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:31 pm
Fighting my corner

Lightbulb Re: What has australia given the world?

Originally Posted by Kapri
You're partly entitled to because they seem to have to leave NZ and settle in Aus before they make it

I'd knock Mel Gibson off your list though and give him back to the Americans. He's turned out to be a complete bigot
Yes, we're happy to be rid of him now.
Old Sep 10th 2007, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

What did the Romans ever do for us?

Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:04 pm
Beach Bum

Location: living it large on the beautiful Mornington Penninsula
paul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud ofpaul30 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iPom
What did the Romans ever do for us?

Didn't they Give us 1 very big can of worms and a can opener
Old Sep 10th 2007, 10:29 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by paul30
Didn't they Give us 1 very big can of worms and a can opener
Naaa, this has been discussed before on here without too many invertebrates.

Old Sep 11th 2007, 2:57 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Made me laugh reading some of the responses to this post, that was the idea, nothing wrong with a bit of light hearted banter. I never suggested clarkson was accurate or correct I just said it was a funny article, as for some of the haters that posted they obviously have no sense of humor.

Although I must admit out of all the australian things posted, they all seem a bunch of useless junk to me, nothing of note.

One thing I guess you could say they invented is bad adverts, I mean why the hell do they have adverts on the radio for 'pre mature ejactulation' in the middle of the day wtf is that all about !!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:02 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dave99
I mean why the hell do they have adverts on the radio for 'pre mature ejactulation' in the middle of the day wtf is that all about !!
...is there a better time to advertise pme?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:21 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Surely Pre mature is something slightly different from premature

The stuff Jeremy pushes out is amusing first time, once you've read the same stuff again and again and again, the humour evaporates. Much like your post. but in your case (I would imagine) you didn't post for humour, you posted in order to wind up and then complain because people who have heard it all before didn't find it as amusing as you.
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
But now i live here i do know they are very proud to 'own' their own products that are produced/made here and encourage us all to keep it all 'inside' OZ and not to buy other foreign products.

Maybe thats why no-one had heard of anything good coming out of Australia.
This is what I love about Australia, a sense of pride in the country and support for home grown/made products.
Who wants to share it with the rest of the world?
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:27 am
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave99
One thing I guess you could say they invented is bad adverts
Oh c'mon......those Australian Pensioners' Insurance ads are ruddy hilarious!
Old Sep 11th 2007, 3:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Stella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to allStella340 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bcworld
I think its all talk......I know plenty of proud Aussies who reckon they're believers in the old 'Australian Owned & Operated' thing but week in week out they're down Crazy Clarks buying the cheapest thing they can find irrespective of where it came from.
fair point!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.