Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

What did you buy at Aldi this week?

What did you buy at Aldi this week?

Old Jun 15th 2010, 9:01 pm
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What did you buy at Aldi this week?

Originally Posted by pproehann
I think I'm Dsylexic as I'm having a problem reading the Digestives I bought at Aldi as part of English week
That's be cause it's a tiny, tiny packet. !
Old Jun 15th 2010, 11:06 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
That's be cause it's a tiny, tiny packet. !
Yeah yer missus told us all
Old Jun 16th 2010, 12:58 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Too true. Ooops, sorry. Disgestives indeed. We used to call them suggestives.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 3:08 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Yeah yer missus told us all
On your way towel head.
Attached Thumbnails What did you buy at Aldi this week?-camel.jpg  
Old Jun 16th 2010, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
On your way towel head.
Is that you in the middle and Bern on the right?
Old Jun 16th 2010, 9:30 am
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

I just spat my coffee all over my screen.

Cheers

Old Jun 16th 2010, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

pproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud ofpproehann has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter

Cheers

I don't think it's you on the left...
Old Jun 16th 2010, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter

Cheers

I don't think it's you on the left...
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:22 am
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

They are building a new Aldi in Maroochydore about 5 mins from where i work with Viv so I have already sent her a text telling her to start expecting me to be late on a Thursday when they have the new stuff coming in.... her being the heavy boss she is has told me that she will see me there at the door and to bring her a takeaway coffee...

Other than that I dragged Kporte to the Noosa one this evening as I was getting withdrawal symptoms... he is very patient with me!

Em x
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by emelems
They are building a new Aldi in Maroochydore about 5 mins from where i work with Viv so I have already sent her a text telling her to start expecting me to be late on a Thursday when they have the new stuff coming in.... her being the heavy boss she is has told me that she will see me there at the door and to bring her a takeaway coffee...

Other than that I dragged Kporte to the Noosa one this evening as I was getting withdrawal symptoms... he is very patient with me!

Em x
I only cracked because of the English biscuits you'd all raved on about as I had a visitor coming but my son seemed to quite enjoy them as well.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 8:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by pproehann
I only cracked because of the English biscuits you'd all raved on about as I had a visitor coming but my son seemed to quite enjoy them as well.
Come over to the dark side.............................................. .......
Old Jun 19th 2010, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Come over to the dark side.............................................. .......
I'd have to find enough food worth eating that I can buy in one go and I'm not sure if I can do that yet...will try on a proper shopping day and see how it compares to Woolworths and Coles plus they don't do home delivery.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 2:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Wonder how others deal with the fast past checkout people throwing the stuff onto the packing shelf.

Was a bit intimidating when we first went. However the wife has it down pat now... just in case it's not obvious to others... heavy stuff on the counter first, lightest stuff at the end of the conveyer, straight into the trolley no bagging... bag up back at car... we use Post Office white tubs to carry the stuff into the house. How do you do yours. Generally spend circa 170 to 190 bucks per week, which would be close to 280 bucks at the other two Supermarkets...... Or 3-4 hours overtime is how I like to look at it.... hence I'd rather do a shop with the Wife at Aldi, than work extra or have less money by shopping at the other big two..

5 people at an Aldi Checkout is probably equivalent in speed to 2 people at a Woolworths or Coles..

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 19th 2010 at 2:03 am.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 7:38 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Wonder how others deal with the fast past checkout people throwing the stuff onto the packing shelf.

Was a bit intimidating when we first went. However the wife has it down pat now... just in case it's not obvious to others... heavy stuff on the counter first, lightest stuff at the end of the conveyer, straight into the trolley no bagging... bag up back at car... we use Post Office white tubs to carry the stuff into the house. How do you do yours. Generally spend circa 170 to 190 bucks per week, which would be close to 280 bucks at the other two Supermarkets...... Or 3-4 hours overtime is how I like to look at it.... hence I'd rather do a shop with the Wife at Aldi, than work extra or have less money by shopping at the other big two..

5 people at an Aldi Checkout is probably equivalent in speed to 2 people at a Woolworths or Coles..
Exactly... was speaking to Viv about the same thing... check-out etiquette.. you need to know that once it goes past the infa red thing it goes into the trolley immediately without delay else they get stroppy... once you get "past" that all is good

Em x
Old Jun 19th 2010, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly... was speaking to Viv about the same thing... check-out etiquette.. you need to know that once it goes past the infa red thing it goes into the trolley immediately without delay else they get stroppy... once you get "past" that all is good

Em x
Yehp it's how you load it yourself onto the Conveyor belt that helps the whole process. I reckon despite the bit of mucking around that you have to do, its worth the 70 to 100 bucks Per Week in savings. The wife and I always take time out to reward ourselves with a coffee and cake afterwards

The only product we've found so far that we dont like, and thats out of dozens .... is their NutriGrain clone. What I've found though is when Aldi realise their products arent as good they usually have the original right next to their own one. Thats why you can get Nescafe 43 and NutriGrain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.