British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   What did you buy at Aldi this week? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/what-did-you-buy-aldi-week-671160/)

Beedubya Jun 5th 2010 7:20 am

What did you buy at Aldi this week?

Chocolate Hob Nobs
Chocolate Digestives
Blackcurrant & Liquorice sweets
Haribo sour gums
Yorkshire tea bags
Tin Pea and Bacon soup

I wonder why they have started with this British week? Maybe it's to see the amount of interest and then they will start shipping in the likes of Quavers and Walkers Smoky Bacon Crisps!! :D

Pollyana Jun 5th 2010 7:22 am

Re: What did you buy at Aldi this week?

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 8612822)
Chocolate Hob Nobs
Chocolate Digestives
Haribo sour gums
Yorkshire tea bags
Tin Pea and Bacon soup

I wonder why they have started with this British week? Maybe it's to see the amount of interest and then they will start shipping in the likes of Quavers and Walkers Smoky Bacon Crisps!! :D

Chocolate Hob Nobs
Chocolate Digestives
Ordinary Digestives
Ordinary Hobnobs
Black Jacks
Fruit Salads
Sherbet Fountains

:fingerscrossed: they start on the crisps!!!!

ozzieeagle Jun 5th 2010 7:28 am

Yorkshire Tea and Hob Nobs....

I'll be having a cup right after my shower.... I told the missus that they make one tea bag last a week, the ole Ena Sharples types.

emelems Jun 5th 2010 8:21 am

Chocolate Digestives
Chocolate Hobnobs
Hobnobs
Fruit Salad and black jacks
Mixed sweets bag (including dab lolly, candy sticks, refreshers etc etc)

I also got a sandwich toaster for 25 bucks and Kporte got himself an Ipod player/alarm clock as he a bugger for sleeping in in the morning..

I have already texted our Vivienne to tell her that they have small 2 drawer metal filing cabinets coming in on Thursday. She wants 3 (the greedy cow) and I want 1. It is possible I will have to ask the ex to do a trip there on the Thursday morning..

Last Thursday I made Kporte knock out several oaps to get me the small round convection oven which they have for 40 bucks. I bought 2. Don't ask why. I got all consumer-fever as I walked in.

Next week I am going to a AA meeting (aldi anon) and possibly filing (scuse the pun) for bankruptcy...

Em x

emelems Jun 5th 2010 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Beedubya (Post 8612822)
Chocolate Hob Nobs
Chocolate Digestives
Haribo sour gums
Yorkshire tea bags
Tin Pea and Bacon soup

They did it last year... I got Baxter Autumn Vegetable soup then... honestly, the restraint I used to have?!!

moneypenny20 Jun 5th 2010 8:32 am

From memory they do at least one, possibly two British Weeks every year. No been in for weeks, nothing's appealed in the brochure. Only thing I get from there regularly are the frozen yorkshire puds. The girls love them as a quick snack and they're not bad if I can't be bothered to make my own with a roast.

ozzieeagle Jun 5th 2010 8:35 am

Originally Posted by emelems (Post 8612888)
Chocolate Digestives
Chocolate Hobnobs
Hobnobs

I also got a sandwich toaster for 25 bucks and Kporte got himself an Ipod player/alarm clock as he a bugger for sleeping in in the morning..

I have already texted our Vivienne to tell her that they have small 2 drawer metal filing cabinets coming in on Thursday. She wants 3 (the greedy cow) and I want 1. It is possible I will have to ask the ex to do a trip there on the Thursday morning..

Last Thursday I made Kporte knock out several oaps to get me the small round convection oven which they have for 40 bucks. I bought 2. Don't ask why. I got all consumer-fever as I walked in.

Next week I am going to a AA meeting (aldi anon) and possibly filing (scuse the pun) for bankruptcy...

Em x

They are damn good those things.... I paid 59 bucks for mine, as we use it at least twice a week.

Hmmm those Metal draw things sound Irristable..... wonder what I could use them for !!

Did you see the computer they have next week.... I just wonder where I might fit the damn thing as we've got 3 already .... plus two laptops.

kporte Jun 5th 2010 9:06 am

Originally Posted by emelems (Post 8612888)
Chocolate Digestives
Chocolate Hobnobs
Hobnobs

Em x

I never sleep in for work ya cheeky mare! Do forget to take my life preserving meds a lot though.......

Beedubya Jun 5th 2010 9:10 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 8612907)
They are damn good those things.... I paid 59 bucks for mine, as we use it at least twice a week.

Hmmm those Metal draw things sound Irristable..... wonder what I could use them for !!

Did you see the computer they have next week.... I just wonder where I might fit the damn thing as we've got 3 already .... plus two laptops.

Is that the computer for $999, my daughter was looking at that, it has the touch screen too. How much have they come down in price!!! :eek:

cresta57 Jun 5th 2010 9:15 am

I bought:
Chocolate Hobnobs X 3
Choc Digestives X 3
Fruit Salad X 1
Sherbet Fountains X 2

"We" had to buy a second 3 pack of Sherbet Fountains as Deb said it wouldn't be fair to have to share one:rolleyes:

BadgeIsBack Jun 5th 2010 9:31 am

Originally Posted by cresta57 (Post 8612949)
I bought:
Chocolate Hobnobs X 3
Choc Digestives X 3
Fruit Salad X 1
Sherbet Fountains X 2

"We" had to buy a second 3 pack of Sherbet Fountains as Deb said it wouldn't be fair to have to share one:rolleyes:

My wife got a packet of Choccy Digestives. I wonder how many she can fit in at once.

I'm walking tomorrow with my club - will pop in and grab a swag of sherberts on the way home - likewise as many will fit in.

emelems Jun 5th 2010 9:33 am

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle (Post 8612907)

I paid 59 bucks for my other one last year (its now with the ex)... so I bought another.. its exactly the same..

Kporte is thinking about getting the vac next week for his new place.... ;)

Em x

Beedubya Jun 5th 2010 9:59 am

Originally Posted by emelems (Post 8612971)
I paid 59 bucks for my other one last year (its now with the ex)... so I bought another.. its exactly the same..

Kporte is thinking about getting the vac next week for his new place.... ;)

Em x

Oh yeah I was looking at the vac too, as I had to leave my lovely one behind in England. I was gonna bring it in my sea freight but the removalasists told me AQIS would probably charge some exorbitant rate to check it and the dust out..........:blink:

LouiseR Jun 5th 2010 10:05 am

I forgot to go on Thursday :(. Hopefully there will still be some chocolate digestives left tomorrow :fingerscrossed::).

Pomster Jun 5th 2010 10:06 am

we bought
blackjacks and fruit salad
blackcurrant and licorice (was thinking about these the other day-yum)
chocolate digestives.

Scottish lafy on the checkout said Brits galore had been buying these things!