webcam interview ?

Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

lossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nicelossiepickle is just really nice
Default webcam interview ?

hey all probably a silly question but what do you wear for a webcam interview over skype?

do they expect you to dress up smart like a proper formal interview?

thanks lol

Dave
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:11 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: webcam interview ?

Originally Posted by lossiepickle
hey all probably a silly question but what do you wear for a webcam interview over skype?

thanks lol

Dave
I had a Skype webcam interview for my current job (in Brisbane) when I still lived in Darwin. I had shorts and an open necked shirt on (They couldn't see the shorts obviously ) The open-neck shirt is probably normal attire for Darwin interviews because Darwinites blame southern tie-wearers for global warming

When I had my interview in Darwin, I rocked up in shorts, T-shirt and thongs (True story )
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

somme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to beholdsomme is a splendid one to behold

first impressions and all that, depends on the job you are going for
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 9:40 pm
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

thanks lol

Dave
My OH did a webcam interview for the job which he was eventually offered when we got here (after 2 further face to face interviews). His webcam interview was at midnight and he got up and put on his shirt, tie and suit jacket on but much to my amusement, he sat there in his boxers.

Good luck with it.
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

thanks lol

Dave
I had an interview by video conference (same thing as Skype but more expensive). I dressed exactly the same as I would have done for any other interview (suit, shirt, tie).

Cheers

Steve
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

grahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to beholdgrahampaula is a splendid one to behold

Not too sure, but just wanted to wish you good luck
Old Mar 23rd 2008, 11:34 pm
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by herrchook
My OH did a webcam interview for the job which he was eventually offered when we got here (after 2 further face to face interviews). His webcam interview was at midnight and he got up and put on his shirt, tie and suit jacket on but much to my amusement, he sat there in his boxers.

Good luck with it.
Believe it or not, but that's exactly what some news presenters wear, except instead of boxers, they wear normal shorts.
Old Mar 24th 2008, 4:17 am
Sunny Sydney

herrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond reputeherrchook has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Bloke
Believe it or not, but that's exactly what some news presenters wear, except instead of boxers, they wear normal shorts.
lol, do you think K Rudd does the same?
Old Mar 24th 2008, 6:41 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lonndongeek
... I dressed exactly the same as I would have done for any other interview (suit, shirt, tie).

Cheers

Steve
I go with this one if I really wanted the job. Try also testing out the lighting beforehand to make sure that you look your best. If you want to soften the look put a few scratches on a piece of acetate sheet and place it in front of the camera, pink can flatter a female.