British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Barbie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/)
-   -   webcam interview ? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/barbie-92/webcam-interview-523788/)

lossiepickle Mar 23rd 2008 10:57 am

webcam interview ?

hey all probably a silly question but what do you wear for a webcam interview over skype?

do they expect you to dress up smart like a proper formal interview?

thanks lol

Dave

wmoore Mar 23rd 2008 12:11 pm

Re: webcam interview ?

Originally Posted by lossiepickle (Post 6099736)
hey all probably a silly question but what do you wear for a webcam interview over skype?

thanks lol

Dave

I had a Skype webcam interview for my current job (in Brisbane) when I still lived in Darwin. I had shorts and an open necked shirt on (They couldn't see the shorts obviously :D) The open-neck shirt is probably normal attire for Darwin interviews because Darwinites blame southern tie-wearers for global warming :blink:

When I had my interview in Darwin, I rocked up in shorts, T-shirt and thongs (True story :lol: )

somme Mar 23rd 2008 12:17 pm

first impressions and all that, depends on the job you are going for ;)

herrchook Mar 23rd 2008 9:40 pm

thanks lol

Dave

My OH did a webcam interview for the job which he was eventually offered when we got here (after 2 further face to face interviews). His webcam interview was at midnight and he got up and put on his shirt, tie and suit jacket on but much to my amusement, he sat there in his boxers.:lol:

Good luck with it.

lonndongeek Mar 23rd 2008 10:49 pm

thanks lol

Dave

I had an interview by video conference (same thing as Skype but more expensive). I dressed exactly the same as I would have done for any other interview (suit, shirt, tie).

Cheers

Steve

grahampaula Mar 23rd 2008 11:12 pm

Not too sure, but just wanted to wish you good luck :thumbup:

The Bloke Mar 23rd 2008 11:34 pm

Originally Posted by herrchook (Post 6101536)
My OH did a webcam interview for the job which he was eventually offered when we got here (after 2 further face to face interviews). His webcam interview was at midnight and he got up and put on his shirt, tie and suit jacket on but much to my amusement, he sat there in his boxers.:lol:

Good luck with it.

Believe it or not, but that's exactly what some news presenters wear, except instead of boxers, they wear normal shorts.

herrchook Mar 24th 2008 4:17 am

Originally Posted by The Bloke (Post 6101785)
Believe it or not, but that's exactly what some news presenters wear, except instead of boxers, they wear normal shorts.

lol, do you think K Rudd does the same? :ohmy::lol:

NigelWaring Mar 24th 2008 6:41 am

Originally Posted by lonndongeek (Post 6101687)
... I dressed exactly the same as I would have done for any other interview (suit, shirt, tie).

Cheers

Steve

I go with this one if I really wanted the job. Try also testing out the lighting beforehand to make sure that you look your best. If you want to soften the look put a few scratches on a piece of acetate sheet and place it in front of the camera, pink can flatter a female.