Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are we lucky to be alive........?!

Are we lucky to be alive........?!

Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:17 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are we lucky to be alive........?!

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Pure class!!!!

Has anyone mention:

"Charlie says...MEeeoOooooOOOOoWWWwww" When you cross the road!!!!!
ha ha ha oh i loved that
rmbr the fire one, when the wee guy jumps first to be followed by his fat wife. his face was a peach :scared:
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:21 pm
Badge

Battlestar Galactica.

Need I say more?

BM

Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:23 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Badge
Battlestar Galactica.

Need I say more?

BM
Blake Seven and Dr Who!
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:28 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Alvin Stardust doing the green cross code. I had a major crush on him :scared: even had a black leather glove with a ring. Funny thing is, his son is the head at my eldest girl's secondary school - bizarre or what!
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

TheAncientGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soapy
you forgot the game blue murder.
where one team was gaven a word, each player was given a letter from that word. the other team chased the team with the word and kicked the shit out of them untill the cracked the code or your skull
Murder in the Dark - can't recall the exact details but it involved switching the light off.
Some Mothers Do 'Ave 'Em - for some reason I have ALWAYS remembered that in one episode Frank went to Australia House in an attempt to move down under, his uncle was already there.
Get Some In - RAF-based sitcom
Tomorrow's World
Citizen Smith(?) with Robert Lindsay
Militant Tendency - Derek Hatton, Red Ken's GLC, Miner's Strike and collections for the striking miners' families.
The Falklands
Beta v VHS (particularly topical as Dixon's will no longer stock VCRs)
Radio 1 chart countdown referred to as "Top of the Pops" and to get to number 1 you had to sell more than 3 copies of your record.
Those stupid glittery martian spaceball things on headbands.
Punk being replaced by the New Romantics
Madness in the charts for the first time
Oh! Writing Madness in 3d style letters on your school rucksack
Those just-above-waist length military style jackets - in air force blue or khaki
Pepe jeans and espadrilles
Plastic bright-coloured key chain on a belt loop - standard issue with Pepe jeans
O Levels and CSEs
Our comprehensive being unusual because it had a computer room
Said computer room being stocked with BBC Model Bs and ZX Spectrums
"Sing Something Simple" coming on the radio when the VHF channel switched from Radio 1 to Radio 2 after "Top of the Pops" ended.
Ted Rogers, 321, Dusty Bin
Bullseye on Sundays - look what you could've won
Michael Landon in Highway to Heaven as an angel with a bearded companion.
Bonanza
Flash Gordon on Saturday mornings in black and white.
9 O'Clock News at 9 O'Clock
Not the Nine O'Clock News
YOUNG ONES! (the latest ad with a grey haired Rik Mayall scares me)
TV consisted of 3 channels only
Channel 4 going on air - Cheers becoming one of my favourite shows.
Sunday afternoon matinée on TV
Grandstand AND World of Sport
"Proper" Wrestling on ITV
BBC's Nationwide
TV not 24/7 but with long periods of the test card often with music
Being scared by the puppet thing in the test card
TV "Remote" control requiring a long wire to connect it to the TV
National Anthem played at the end of a day's broadcasting on BBC
Having a stock of candles in the house ready for the power cuts

See what a pandora's box you've opened?
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by soapy
ha ha ha oh i loved that
rmbr the fire one, when the wee guy jumps first to be followed by his fat wife. his face was a peach :scared:
The bloke who stopped his car in a yellow box, then a great big hand came down and lifted him out

"Ooh, I've been pinched"
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Alvin Stardust doing the green cross code. I had a major crush on him :scared: even had a black leather glove with a ring. Funny thing is, his son is the head at my eldest girl's secondary school - bizarre or what!
Remember when seatbelts weren't compulsory?

Clunk click every trip
Jim'll Fix It - the sofa with loads of gadgets and moving bits.
Points of View with Barry wotsit
Mr and Mrs with Derek thingy
and now, live from Norwich, it's the quiz of the week.... Sale of the Century
My Dad calling the host Nicholas Parsnips (on purpose)
It Ain't Half Hot Mum
Dad's Army - on a Thursday evening I think
Basil Brush
Brian Cant - give me a P, L, A..... etc. etc.
VISION ON! There is a prize for all those we show
Going out to play football after the FA Cup was over and almost having a fight over which team was going to be the one that had just won the cup...
Playing cricket with wickets drawn on a brick wall in chalk
Paying no attention whatsoever to "No Ball Games" signs
Walking to school - even junior school
Going on holidays, on the train with a family railcard
The Albery Finney musical version of A Christmas Carol being shown on Christmas Eve - this pet peeve got so bad that Ushas actually bought me a copy so I could watch it instead of whatever crap they put on instead
Oooh! Val Doonican on Christmas Eve in his beige cardigan

m u s t s t o p t y p i n g . . . . .
Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:07 pm
Cheeky

Just thought of another one......

What did your Mum use on you as a kid before baby wipes were invented??!! Anyone?

How about this.......

When I was a little kid and we were out for the day and after munching my way through choc/ice-cream/anything my mum would take out a nice clean, ironed hankerchief from her handbag and dare I say its sooo disgusting and SPIT on it!!! YUUUUCCCKKKK!! and proceed to use it on me!!!!!! OMG that is so bad I hope Im not the only one whos Mum did that!!

Thank you to who ever invented babywipes, kids dont know they are born today, tut!!

Cheeky

Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Cheeky
Just thought of another one......

What did your Mum use on you as a kid before baby wipes were invented??!! Anyone?

How about this.......

When I was a little kid and we were out for the day and after munching my way through choc/ice-cream/anything my mum would take out a nice clean, ironed hankerchief from her handbag and dare I say its sooo disgusting and SPIT on it!!! YUUUUCCCKKKK!! and proceed to use it on me!!!!!! OMG that is so bad I hope Im not the only one whos Mum did that!!

Thank you to who ever invented babywipes, kids dont know they are born today, tut!!

Cheeky
My mum too
Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light

This is great..

Watching TV1 on Foxtel is *such* a trip down memory lane for me...all these shows that I loved as a child..the A-team, family Ties, the LoveBoat, the Wonder years, the golden girls...(most of them are pretty rubbish and I can't believe I actually sat through them )

I also know I am getting old because I mutter that the originals were always better than the covers that keep getting made nowdays. A few years ago driving with my husbands sister (who is 16 years his junior) and listening to Don Mclean singing "American Pie" and she asked why he was singing Madonna's song needless to say she got quite a lecture from me
Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

ponchos are back in i had one of those when i first started school

tracey.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 10:57 pm
happy to be here!

nightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond reputenightnurse2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
ponchos are back in i had one of those when i first started school

tracey.

Yup! Me too!! Mine was white, pink and blue!!

Anyone remember Mary, Mungo and Midge? Would love to let my kids see it! Much better than power rangers!

Tracey
Old Nov 24th 2004, 11:50 pm
Badge

"British bull dog"

The c.1983 Colgate Blue Minty Gel advert "Mum and dad use it as well"- to Madness tune; still remember the words.

Last edited by Badge; Nov 24th 2004 at 11:53 pm.

Old Nov 25th 2004, 1:23 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheAncientGeek
...Having a stock of candles in the house ready for the power cuts
We live in South East Queensland, so still do that
Old Nov 25th 2004, 3:19 am
58.38264% - Extreme Geek

anya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to allanya4oz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by maggy
Tenko was fab remember the lady who used to get cigs for favours from the japs. What was her name well known actress also played lead role in the programme connie.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Stephanie Beecham
Blimey, I've got all that lot on video! Poor Burt Kwouk (a talented comedy actor) always had to play the token japanese baddie

Anya.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.