Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Are we lucky to be alive........?!

Are we lucky to be alive........?!

Old Nov 24th 2004, 5:55 pm
gsb
Cake or Death

gsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond reputegsb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are we lucky to be alive........?!

Now thats funny...............

Originally Posted by worzel
When I used to stay with my Nan she would ask me how I liked my cauliflower whole or mashed :scared: It didn't actually matter as it was boiled until it became liquid
Old Nov 24th 2004, 5:57 pm
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thpinkpussycat
and i thought it as just me! I would wear mine with red suede pixie boots! :scared:
OMG I totally forgot about pixie boots and yet I luved them so much
They used to go so well with the human league haircut

Sel x
Old Nov 24th 2004, 7:14 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Do you remember these?
Attached Thumbnails Are we lucky to be alive........?!-dynasty.jpg   Are we lucky to be alive........?!-theateam.jpg   Are we lucky to be alive........?!-thewonderyears.jpg  
Old Nov 24th 2004, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin and Winnie!!!!

Was that called "The Golden Days"?
Old Nov 24th 2004, 8:40 pm
Cheeky

Oooo not sure.......... is the first one (wild guess here!) Dynasty or Dallas and the second one is def The 'A' Team!!! Not sure of the third one.........

I have just thought of another one, anyone remember the Love Boat?!!! and Fantasy Island!!!!!!!

Cheeky!

Do you remember these?

Old Nov 24th 2004, 8:41 pm
Forum Regular

TheAncientGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you remember these?
Die Nasty
The A Team
The Wonder Years
Old Nov 24th 2004, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

TheAncientGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Had this bloody thread going through my mind all the way home from Gloucester on the bike.....

So here's the things that popped in my mind....

The Clangers
Magic Roundabout
Mr Benn
Andy Pandy
Kick the Can
Skateboards (including home made ones from a piece of wood and a roller skate)
Action Man with proper flexible hands, and a newer version with eagle eyes.
Why Don't You (switch off your television set and go out and do something less boring instead)
Pipkins (It's Time.......... for a story)
Rainbow
Rent-a-Ghost first series before they brought in the stupid horse, McWitch and Audrey Roberts.
Spangles
Opal Fruits making your mouth water
Pacers - minty Celtic supporters' Opal Fruit style sweets
Nimble bread (she flies like a bird)
Mellow Birds making you smile
Has-been actors shaking their hands to reveal Nescafe coffee beans
Star Wars - the original and best
ET
Actually having to queue right down the street to get in the cinema
Calling the cinema "pictures"
The pictures being an acceptable place to go on a date
Paying 25p to see 2 films with a proper interval
Paying 25p to spend all day in a proper swimming baths with no wave machine in sight! Having a whole pound to spend during the day for entrance fee, drinks and snacks.
For my fellow Westonians on here - learning to swim in Knightstone swimming baths!
"Going down venchy" before European Health and Safety guidelines led to the closure of adventure playgrounds for fear of being sued.
Lollipop sticks making clacking noises on the spokes of your chopper bike.
Street parties practically everywhere in 1977 for the Silver Jubilee.
Compartments in railway carriages with sliding doors and a corridor all the way down the length of the carriage.
"Charlie Says..."
Darth Vader when he was the green cross man (David Prowse?) I think he was Bristolian actually.
Tufty and the ice cream van safety advert.
National Trust public information films with the acorn symbol and ghostly horsemen galloping down public footpaths.

and as they say in KTel record adverts.... and many many more
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:03 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

you forgot the game blue murder.
where one team was gaven a word, each player was given a letter from that word. the other team chased the team with the word and kicked the shit out of them untill the cracked the code or your skull
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

steandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond reputesteandleigh has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone remember those 70's "Learn to swim" adverts???

Backstroke, butterfly, front crawl...you can do 'em all!!!!
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:07 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soapy
you forgot the game blue murder.
where one team was gaven a word, each player was given a letter from that word. the other team chased the team with the word and kicked the shit out of them untill the cracked the code or your skull

Playing British Bull Dog in the playing ground!
A-line school skirts that you would roll up to make them above knee and would roll down again when you had uniform inspections! Over the knee sock that were held up with elastic!

Last edited by thpinkpussycat; Nov 24th 2004 at 9:14 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:09 pm
Cheeky

Brilliant! Great stuff everyone!!

Yes and what about 'Dave' he could swim like a fish!!!

Cheeky

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Can anyone remember those 70's "Learn to swim" adverts???

Backstroke, butterfly, front crawl...you can do 'em all!!!!

Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:11 pm
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Splicers?
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:12 pm
I'm watching YOU...

Wasn't ther a public information flim that had Death (hooded guy with sythe!) in it, something to with swimming or playing in icy pond? I had nighmares for weeks! :scared:
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pure class!!!!

Has anyone mention:

"Charlie says...MEeeoOooooOOOOoWWWwww" When you cross the road!!!!!
Old Nov 24th 2004, 9:15 pm
I'm watching YOU...

Originally Posted by steandleigh
Pure class!!!!

Has anyone mention:

"Charlie says...MEeeoOooooOOOOoWWWwww" When you cross the road!!!!!
I was a member of the Tuffty Club!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.