Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

we are bricking it.....

we are bricking it.....

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: we are bricking it.....

How bout like someone else suggested seeing if there are any other companies like Homebuyers that would offer you that bit more God we are so gutted for you, really thought it would go good today, Im going to open a bottle of wine
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yanchep
today, Im going to open a bottle of wine
Like you needed an excuse!
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

could do i suppose but i cant remember which ones i rung well i can only remember two of em???
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Gerry, I am gutted for you. Like everyone else, I thought you would sell today. I hope that you can get something sorted. My tip would be to change estate agents, to put your house on for it's true valuation and then ask for offers from these buying companies. They might give you more if it is on the market for more.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of lightyanchep is a glorious beacon of light

well, hic, hic, sally claire, how well you know me any excuse is a good enuf one dont you think scarey how right you have me summed up and we are only forum friends
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

Good tip from fly away, might be worth a try. I'll now open another bottle of wine Gerry to wish you well this time
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:43 pm
Living the dream :)

nickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of lightnickywes is a glorious beacon of light

Really sorry to hear it didn't sell. Some luck must be round the corner.

Nicky
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yanchep
well, hic, hic, sally claire, how well you know me any excuse is a good enuf one dont you think scarey how right you have me summed up and we are only forum friends
I have special powers
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 1:24 am
Forum Regular

mollymoo will become famous soon enoughmollymoo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by gerry
yeah going perth wa..

we have worked all our debts out roughly and we owe about £68k so anything after that is good but we want to get on the market over there or at least get over and be in the knowledge we will be ok for a few months til we settle.

just dont know what to do now....
Hi Gerry,

Sorry things haven't worked out.

Could you re mortgage and release some equity?
At least then you could have some cash to take to Oz, and hold onto the house to rent out until the market picks up. Home prices are static here at the mo with interest rises and such.

Do't know what else to suggest
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:12 am
BE Enthusiast

gerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to allgerry is a name known to all

cheers guys and girls its always nice to think some one else is thinking about you

gonna ring the companys who i first rung to buy the house i forgot i got all the numbers etc in a email off here!!

so will backtrack them today and see if there is any better offers
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

winedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to beholdwinedonju is a splendid one to behold

cheers guys and girls its always nice to think some one else is thinking about you

gonna ring the companys who i first rung to buy the house i forgot i got all the numbers etc in a email off here!!

so will backtrack them today and see if there is any better offers
Good luck
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

just rung around 5 of em now offers between 80k and 95k i want the 95k offer lol

and thats for a 4 bedroomed cottage but no back yard well a very little one lol
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:03 am
Da bing bing!

JenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond reputeJenniGee has a reputation beyond repute

just rung around 5 of em now offers between 80k and 95k i want the 95k offer lol

and thats for a 4 bedroomed cottage but no back yard well a very little one lol
Morning gerry

I just replied on your renting thread, I guess the real issue is how you feel about the house & emigrating. Do you want to have a house back here? Do you feel you want to be in Australia with a clean slate & no ties? It's an individual choice we all have to face when crunch time comes.

We're lucky in that we got a really good offer (full asking, which was £10K over the estate agent's valuation) for our property last summer, when the market was still strong & there was no sign of the credit crunch. The downside is we are now in a crummy rented house whilst we wait for the legal situation for our children to be sorted out. Guess what - we've just got the opportunity of another rental house available because the owners are emigrating & for them, the numbers add up.

If you're happy with £95K, I would take it... the indicators are that houses could sit around on the market for a long long time & lose approx 30% in value. Renting would need to be, in my opinion, a long term decision so you can ride out the market & start to see prices stabilise again. I can understand totally the idea that it may be wiser to go abroad with a clean slate - it's certainly what we'll be doing.

Very best of luck at this difficult time
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

what ya gunna do then, definately go for the £95K one, these companie must be rubbing their hands at the moment cos it might even get worse, how much would that be now then Gerry that you have come down from what you originally wanted for your place, think we might have to do same as well,keep us informed we are watching your every move and holding our breath when you say you are going to try and do something new,
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 12:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheers lol gonna try and go with the offer of 95k we first started off wanting min 115k so its really about 20k drop if it all goes thru???

only thing is now the company say theu will market our house hopefully sell within the week then buy it???

i dont get that but he made it sound like all the house buying companys do this???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.