Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Un-******* Believeable...

Un-******* Believeable...

Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:27 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Un-******* Believeable...

Originally Posted by unfair dinkum
I can imagine their reaction

"what's this f34ckin shit, huh, you c34t! f34k off c34t!"

I think I would audio record any stop check that I was involved in now.

S
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:32 am
Chan eil aon chànan gu le

scottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond reputescottishcelts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
How does it work the other way around? I was once stopped whilst driving and went past the stop mark line of the police checkpoint by about a metre and the Policeman came over ranting at me that I was a ****ing idiot and did I not see him hold up his hand to tell me to ****ing stop.

Can I fine him for swearing in public?

JTL
I pretty much had that (without the swearing, granted). The difference was that I never went past the stop line - just right before it and the stupid bint policewoman said "I didn't think you were gonna stop there" with angry tones! WTF is that all about? A stop line is a stop line, they should have a banner about 100 yards before the stop line letting you know that the stop line means shit.

Eejits.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:52 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Yeah, a complaint I think. Though I'm not sure how far it would go - the police seems to be a very closed shop here, much more so than it is back home.

S
I wouldn't bother myself. Compared to the bigoted abuse I got that time in North London a few swear words doesn't bother me.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:54 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rambi
I wouldn't bother myself. Compared to the bigoted abuse I got that time in North London a few swear words doesn't bother me.

I had a very close run in with some cops here in Sydney not long after I had first arrived. Having seen them in action on that occasion, I wouldn't want to have any involvement with them that couldn't be corroborated in some other way.

S
Old Jun 1st 2011, 5:55 am
Rhino with a big horn!

Rambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond reputeRambi has a reputation beyond repute

I can imagine their reaction

"what's this f34ckin shit, huh, you c34t! f34k off c34t!"
Is that a cover for this? (WARNING: Contains strong language. DO NOT PLAY WITH KIDS AROUND)
Old Jun 1st 2011, 6:08 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

Is that a cover for this? (WARNING: Contains strong language. DO NOT PLAY WITH KIDS AROUND)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4CpwGX3_9aM
catchy tune
Old Jun 1st 2011, 6:16 am
your fair weather friend!

unfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to beholdunfair dinkum is a splendid one to behold

incidentally, did you google that, and if so, what search terms did you use
Old Jun 1st 2011, 6:29 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Un-F***ing Believeable...

Originally Posted by Deancm_MKII
Did you miss post #1?
Like a retard misses the point.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

You can make a complaint I guess.

One of the things that has surprised me here is that they hand out speeding fines to coppers whilst they're on duty (and not going with blues and twos).
It's changed since I was in the job. It used to be that Police vehicles were exempt from the Traffic/Roads Act.

I got pulled over in an unmarked car once travelling at a speed 'off the clock' (c200 km/h). The TOG guy wasn't too impressed when he found out the car he intercepted was full of coppers. Didn't get a fine but he did swear a lot!
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Deancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond reputeDeancm_MKII has a reputation beyond repute

I think I would audio record any stop check that I was involved in now.

S
You mean you don't do that? You need to get yourself one of those vid cams that you wear on a headband. If it's good enough for evidence for coppers...
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:15 am
Account Open

asprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond reputeasprilla has a reputation beyond repute

It's changed since I was in the job. It used to be that Police vehicles were exempt from the Traffic/Roads Act.

I got pulled over in an unmarked car once travelling at a speed 'off the clock' (c200 km/h). The TOG guy wasn't too impressed when he found out the car he intercepted was full of coppers. Didn't get a fine but he did swear a lot!
Was the donut shop just about to close?

Just kidding, I am full of admiration for the boys in blue.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by asprilla
Was the donut shop just about to close?
This is Australia, not America. Aussie cops prefer Maccas, especially as they give a 50% discount (well they used to).
Old Jun 1st 2011, 7:32 am
Rhino with a big horn!

incidentally, did you google that, and if so, what search terms did you use
I did. "Dutch english language advert"

I saw it years ago. On Chris Tarrant's show.
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:36 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Un-F***ing Believeable...

Don't insult me in that way.
I'm at a loss... How could being confused for australian be an insult?
Old Jun 1st 2011, 9:39 am
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

I had a very close run in with some cops here in Sydney not long after I had first arrived. Having seen them in action on that occasion, I wouldn't want to have any involvement with them that couldn't be corroborated in some other way.

S
Yes! they're very good at knowing where the CCTV is so as not to get themselves on camera when they put the boots to you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.