I believe in fairy tales - Jezza
56.52%
Some other talking head/no hoper
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

UK election poll

Old Jun 19th 2017, 10:28 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK election poll

Originally Posted by Beoz
Agree, but what is interesting, words like hate and bigotry are only reserved for white man, but terrorism is reserved for Islamics. Isn't it all same?
It has been called a terrorist incident by the PM. The sage in my paper shop this morning was asking in all seriousness, how can it be terrorist when muslims are the victims?

We need to find out how this fascist was radicalised; perhaps he's spent too much time in a paper shop?

Old Jun 19th 2017, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I think I said hate preached comes from both sides. You don't have to be white to hate, and you don't have to be muslim/Arabic/black etc. to be a terrorist.

ETA - there is a difference between hate and terrorism - terrorists act on their hate. That's not to say that they are not urged on (not the right words but will have to do) by the hate preachers from both sides.
According to this definition, had the guy stood out the front of the mosque and shouted offences, that's terrorism because its unlawful and its intimidation.

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 10:52 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

According to this definition, had the guy stood out the front of the mosque and shouted offences, that's terrorism because its unlawful and its intimidation.

the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims.
Where did that definition come from?
Old Jun 19th 2017, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzTennis
It has been called a terrorist incident by the PM. The sage in my paper shop this morning was asking in all seriousness, how can it be terrorist when muslims are the victims?

We need to find out how this fascist was radicalised; perhaps he's spent too much time in a paper shop?

http://i.imgur.com/zTiKMXO.jpg
Maybe he had to wait until 6pm for a meeting with his Islam colleague because his colleague was fasting all day and his brain was in no fit shape to have a meeting before he ate.

Lucky I am a tolerant man. On the other hand, my wife was pissed I got home late.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 11:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe he had to wait until 6pm for a meeting with his Islam colleague because his colleague was fasting all day and his brain was in no fit shape to have a meeting before he ate.

Lucky I am a tolerant man. On the other hand, my wife was pissed I got home late.
You and tolerance - no evidence; you and pissed - yes, judging by that meaningless drivel above.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 12:12 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

So only deport Muslims on the terrorist suspect list? If you're not muslim you're okay to be a terrorist?

What about those Muslims on the list but are not a threat - or other religions not a threat but still on the list? I guess it's okay because maybe? What if your name is on that list? Your parents? Your neighbours? Are we going to deport them all? And where do you stop?

And what if the only nationality they have is British? Then what?

The hate preached comes from both sides. So maybe deport everyone and then they'll be no terrorists / extemists / fanatics in the UK because they'll be no-one left.

I get that people want to do something other than offer up sympathies and carry on, but lets not poor gas on the fire. As an engineer, you should no it's never about treating the symptoms but all about getting to root cause.
WTF? Seriously? I was responding to Ozzie's post where he said that if this Finsbury Park asshole was foreign or had foreign ancestry, he and his family should be deported. I was agreeing with him and said that muslims on the terrorist suspect list and their families should also be deported. So any distinction between muslims and non-muslims is in your head only. I believe that if an asshole is on that list, he or she and their families should be deported immediately if they are immigrants, or if they are UK-born but have foreign ancestry, they should have their citizenship revoked and they and their families also deported. Yes, this is harsh and discriminatory - discriminatory against dickheads. These people are going to have to lose some civil liberties in order to keep the majority safe

Doing nothing and business as usual is not an option

The root cause of what is going on is the failed multiculturalist and PC policies of successive UK governments, where intolerance has been tolerated and integration has been an option not an obligation. The UK has created this problem themselves, but because this blows away the carefully crafted fantasy world that you live in, where only individuals are to blame, you cannot accept it. Your world has ended

Each to their own

Last edited by Amazulu; Jun 19th 2017 at 12:23 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 12:20 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

http://i.imgur.com/zTiKMXO.jpg
Terrible publications (along with the Mirror) and I will never quote or use them but unfortunately, some of those headlines are true (and some are just bullshit):

Some muslims have told Britain and the British to go to hell
Certain muslims have called for full sharia law in the UK
Christianity is under attack from islam
There was a muslim plot to kill the pope
There have been requests for muslim-only public toilets
etc

Just because a shitty newspaper publishes something, it doesn't mean it is necessarily false - and likewise, just because some muslims demand something, it doesn't mean they get it

Hope this helps
Old Jun 19th 2017, 12:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Terrible publications (along with the Mirror) and I will never quote or use them but unfortunately, some of those headlines are true (and some are just bullshit):

Some muslims have told Britain and the British to go to hell
Certain muslims have called for full sharia law in the UK
Christianity is under attack from islam
There was a muslim plot to kill the pope
There have been requests for muslim-only public toilets
etc

Just because a shitty newspaper publishes something, it doesn't mean it is necessarily false - and likewise, just because some muslims demand something, it doesn't mean they get it

Hope this helps
A job writing for one of those 'shitty newspapers' clearly awaits you judging by this and many of your other rants which would appeal to their readership for sure.

Donald Trump’s daughter, Ivanka, has tweeted her “love and prayers” to the victims of the Finsbury Park attack.
She added: “We must stand united against hatred and extremism in all its ugly forms.” Nothing yet from her father.

Last edited by OzTennis; Jun 19th 2017 at 12:52 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You and tolerance - no evidence; you and pissed - yes, judging by that meaningless drivel above.
Why the doubt? You didn't read it in the Guardian?

Can you give us an update on last night's Eastenders?
Old Jun 19th 2017, 8:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Donald Trump’s daughter, Ivanka, has tweeted her “love and prayers” to the victims of the Finsbury Park attack.
She added: “We must stand united against hatred and extremism in all its ugly forms.” Nothing yet from her father.
A golden opportunity missed for Donald. No doubt he will be back for the revenge attacks.
Old Jun 19th 2017, 10:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

The sage in my paper shop this morning was asking in all seriousness, how can it be terrorist when muslims are the victims?
Sounds like the sort of idiot who thinks white people can't be the victims of racism
Old Jun 19th 2017, 10:41 pm
Frequent Flyer Member

bcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond reputebcworld has a reputation beyond repute

The sage in my paper shop this morning was asking in all seriousness, how can it be terrorist when muslims are the victims?
Old Jun 19th 2017, 11:18 pm
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Where did that definition come from?
Governments have being playing around with the definition of terrorism since before 2001, First to try to ensure that what they and their friends do are not classified as terrorism, then to try to ensure that anything anyone they don't like does IS classified, so they can use those overbroad laws they pushed through against them.

Frankly government definitions are junk, perverted out of all recognition.

In basic terms, if you use fear ('terror') to attempt to push voters into behaving in certain ways that they won't rationally do - then that's terrorism. You can readily understand just how many political and media terrorists there really are.

This particular idiot had no intent to push or shape political views, he was just lashing out at a group in response to the messages that had been pushed at him (and a large degree of personal stupidity). So, not a terrorist - although a case CAN be made for the media.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by GarryP
This particular idiot had no intent to push or shape political views, he was just lashing out at a group in response to the messages that had been pushed at him (and a large degree of personal stupidity). So, not a terrorist - although a case CAN be made for the media.
From time to time, we agree on things.
Old Jun 20th 2017, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Early reports saying this bloke is Romanian.

Deport him and his family after time served.
Turns out he's Welsh.

Finsbury Park Mosque attacker, identified as Darren Osborne, 47, being held for terrorism, attempted murder - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

Dont think he's neighbour thought to much of him.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/neighbo...a-complete-c-t

Last edited by ozzieeagle; Jun 20th 2017 at 3:15 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.