I believe in fairy tales - Jezza
56.52%
Some other talking head/no hoper
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

UK election poll

Old Jun 21st 2017, 11:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK election poll

Originally Posted by OzTennis
Your usual intelligent offering to debate - awe diddums, drama queen, loony left ................zzzz. You don't see a party in the deep mire? I can't help feeling if it was Labour, Labor, Lib Dems or any party other than blue that you wouldn't have the same response.

The 'drama' you speak of could lead to a change of government via deals excluding Tories and certainly another election - not to try to get a bigger working majority but to get a working majority. The DUP are known to be very tough (pigheaded?) negotiators so obviously they didn't roll over and give up their 10 votes. In a devasting hit below the belt ahead of Brexit negotiations the DUP said they couldn't believe the lack of negotiating skills and experience on the part of the government.
Awe diddums. And an insult. Who lacks the intelligence? Might be you again.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
The DUP will make it work - there is no way they will allow Corbyn to be PM
If they do it would appear they will extract maximum advantage to themselves in the process. In negotiations they apparently sat down with the Tories and went through everything in the manifesto - we'll vote for that, we'll not vote for that etc. This is why the talks have lasted so long without conclusion and why May had to pare down so much for the Queen's Speech, leaving it mainly with Brexit stuff. They have demanded £2 bill of investment in NI and scrapping air passenger tax as part of their deal for the 10 votes. I'd imagine as a vehement critic of the size of the national debt that you wouldn't give in to demands which would boost this just to hold onto power? If they accede to these demands the rest of the UK is going to demand an end to austerity, otherwise it isn't really a fair union is it?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a7800766.html

Last edited by OzTennis; Jun 21st 2017 at 12:59 pm.
Old Jun 21st 2017, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond reputeOzTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beoz
Awe diddums. And an insult. Who lacks the intelligence? Might be you again.
Where's the insult?
Old Jun 21st 2017, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Beoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond reputeBeoz has a reputation beyond repute

I have been reading some bewildering posts on various mainstream and social media outlets, blaming Teresa May for Glenfell. Question though, isn't it the council first, mayor second who is responsible for housing?

https://www.london.gov.uk/about-us/mayor-london/mayor-and-his-team/role-mayor-london

Just saying
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 12:23 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

I have been reading some bewildering posts on various mainstream and social media outlets, blaming Teresa May for Glenfell. Question though, isn't it the council first, mayor second who is responsible for housing?

https://www.london.gov.uk/about-us/m...e-mayor-london

Just saying
Well, the primary blame has to be with RMKC council. They have long wanted to push the poor out of their borough (the rich are less hassle, cough up money, don't cost much). However the reason May is getting it in the neck is because the tories have, for decades, tried to get rid of social housing, cut funding, and make it into a profit centre for their mates. The whole 'housing associations' was down to them. And May, being the leader of that, carries the can.

And given that most already dislike her and think she's trying to claw onto power rather than doing the decent thing and resigning - well, she might as well have a bullseye painted on her.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 1:38 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GarryP
Well, the primary blame has to be with RMKC council. They have long wanted to push the poor out of their borough (the rich are less hassle, cough up money, don't cost much). However the reason May is getting it in the neck is because the tories have, for decades, tried to get rid of social housing, cut funding, and make it into a profit centre for their mates. The whole 'housing associations' was down to them. And May, being the leader of that, carries the can.

And given that most already dislike her and think she's trying to claw onto power rather than doing the decent thing and resigning - well, she might as well have a bullseye painted on her.
I reckon that's a pretty fair assessment. There are already accusations of government endorsed arson, and if a block of council flats doesn't replace this (assuming it needs to be demolished) then that flame will have all the fuel it could ever need.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 2:14 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1
I reckon that's a pretty fair assessment. There are already accusations of government endorsed arson, and if a block of council flats doesn't replace this (assuming it needs to be demolished) then that flame will have all the fuel it could ever need.
I think it's very likely that not only will this not be replaced, but other councils will use the opportunity to get rid of similar tower blocks (cannot economically be made safe) and push out the underclass from their areas. Just give it a few weeks for the press to die down.

Accommodation is cheap up north, isn't it? ...
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 3:00 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's very likely that not only will this not be replaced, but other councils will use the opportunity to get rid of similar tower blocks (cannot economically be made safe) and push out the underclass from their areas. Just give it a few weeks for the press to die down.

Accommodation is cheap up north, isn't it? ...
****ing southerners, coming up here, nicking all our j......., oh
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 4:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, the primary blame has to be with RMKC council. They have long wanted to push the poor out of their borough (the rich are less hassle, cough up money, don't cost much).
Give us a f***ing break. That building had just had 8 million quid spent on it. Not the type of money you spend on something you intend on removing.

To be honest, you lefties are off your rocker.

However the reason May is getting it in the neck is because the tories have, for decades, tried to get rid of social housing, cut funding, and make it into a profit centre for their mates. The whole 'housing associations' was down to them. And May, being the leader of that, carries the can.

You mean the Tories are trying to make society fairer, keep a lid on spending, encourage people to help themselves and in turn be a value, contributing member of society.

Yep I can see why the left hate the idea of the above because that would mean it wasn't all about me me me me me me me me ........
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 5:18 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

If they do it would appear they will extract maximum advantage to themselves in the process. In negotiations they apparently sat down with the Tories and went through everything in the manifesto - we'll vote for that, we'll not vote for that etc. This is why the talks have lasted so long without conclusion and why May had to pare down so much for the Queen's Speech, leaving it mainly with Brexit stuff. They have demanded £2 bill of investment in NI and scrapping air passenger tax as part of their deal for the 10 votes. I'd imagine as a vehement critic of the size of the national debt that you wouldn't give in to demands which would boost this just to hold onto power? If they accede to these demands the rest of the UK is going to demand an end to austerity, otherwise it isn't really a fair union is it?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a7800766.html
Wow, how naïve are you!

A minority party in a coalition asking for a lot - who'd a thunk it? Imagine what Sinn Fein, the Greens, SLP and other assorted leftie losers would demand from Corbyn if he was in the same position?

GBP2b is chump change for the UK - considering the huge amounts they waste anyway. APT is a disgrace of a tax - especially for domestic flights. Are trains, buses and ferries taxed in the same way?

UK government is spending heaps in the rest of the UK - HS2, Heathrow, Hinkley Point etc. Austerity needs to continue (although it probably won't) - cut some civil servants to cover the 2 bill. Easy peasy japanesy
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 5:19 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Give us a f***ing break. That building had just had 8 million quid spent on it. Not the type of money you spend on something you intend on removing.
The clad it so it wouldn't bring down the tone of the neighbourhood. Why do you think they did that and didn't care if it were clad in inflammable materials? And no sprinklers.

See, I've lived in that borough many years ago and I know what their attitude is like. They really do NOT want the poor there.

To be honest, you lefties are off your rocker.
Said the insane ranty man.

You mean the Tories are trying to make society fairer, keep a lid on spending, encourage people to help themselves and in turn be a value, contributing member of society.
Or as they usually put it, f**k the poor, just cut my taxes.

Yep I can see why the left hate the idea of the above because that would mean it wasn't all about me me me me me me me me ........
That has to be sarcasm, right?
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 5:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The clad it so it wouldn't bring down the tone of the neighbourhood. Why do you think they did that and didn't care if it were clad in inflammable materials? And no sprinklers.

See, I've lived in that borough many years ago and I know what their attitude is like. They really do NOT want the poor there.

Said the insane ranty man.

Or as they usually put it, f**k the poor, just cut my taxes.

That has to be sarcasm, right?
Yeah right. You haven't got a clue. Just another left winger using this tragedy to target those who have more than you. For all you know the people of this borough might be decent, but what would you care in your red mist of resentment.

Perhap the council could have done a Southwark, demolished it and built one of these for those who can afford it, and as is the way, provide social housing off site out of the way.

Instead they chose to keep it and keep their residents in there.

BTW Glenfell wasn't entirely social housing. There was private ownership in there too. But that doesn't fit with your agenda so we shall just ignore that.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 6:26 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

Yeah right. You haven't got a clue. Just another left winger using this tragedy to target those who have more than you. For all you know the people of this borough might be decent, but what would you care in your red mist of resentment.
Once again, ignoring facts for a warped ideological position that makes no sense. To coin a phrase - you haven't got a clue.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 6:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Your usual intelligent offering to debate - awe diddums, drama queen, loony left ................zzzz. You don't see a party in the deep mire? I can't help feeling if it was Labour, Labor, Lib Dems or any party other than blue that you wouldn't have the same response.

The 'drama' you speak of could lead to a change of government via deals excluding Tories and certainly another election - not to try to get a bigger working majority but to get a working majority. The DUP are known to be very tough (pigheaded?) negotiators so obviously they didn't roll over and give up their 10 votes. In a devasting hit below the belt ahead of Brexit negotiations the DUP said they couldn't believe the lack of negotiating skills and experience on the part of the government.
Even in the UK, that inventor of Parliamentary democracy there seems a dearth of heavy hitters. It's the same in the U.S and AU.
Old Jun 22nd 2017, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

https://www.london.gov.uk/about-us/m...e-mayor-london

Just saying
2013 - after 2 tower block fires both coroners heading the inquests recommended sweeping changes to fire regulations. The government said yes we'll take all this on board.

2017 - government has done nothing in the 4 years since (ideologically opposed to the public spending which would be required to implement?).

Nobody blames May directly for the fire but her government and the local council intransigence surely has contributed?

Just read today's papers on what the fire services are saying.

"Grenfell Tower renovation works were inspected 16 times by Kensington and Chelsea council, but these checks failed to prevent the use of the flammable cladding being blamed for spreading the fire that killed at least 79 people.
Inspections were spread over almost two years during the £10m refurbishment project between 2014 and 2016, but these appear not to have spotted that the building was being clad in a material effectively banned on tall buildings by the government."

Why has the chief executive of Kensington and Chelsea Borough Council resigned?

The government housing minister who did nothing is - Gavin Barwell who lost his seat in the election but is now Theresa May's chief of staff.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/gavin-...inister-2017-6

Last edited by OzTennis; Jun 22nd 2017 at 8:06 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.