A typical scenario

Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A typical scenario

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Im sure its a Real Estate Trick of the Trade.

Im pretty sure, having had a HUGE argument with the dickhead who did same to us , on the southside..
..i told him, you prove theres a buyer, furnish details to our solicitor, and ask them to hold that information in trust, and we will list with you...

He never DID !!!!

oooooh, nice work!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:49 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esperanza
oooooh, nice work!
I may look stupid, at times, lol but the other 0.0001% of the time, i use my grey matter
Old Jan 15th 2008, 11:36 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fly Away

If you think there is a chance of your neighbour's friend being genuine, why don't you tell her you'll pay her the commission she would have earnt direct for introducing a private sale? If it is a friend then her agency can't complain.
Shes in a new job, and the main reason we dont like this real estate agency is because of their arsehole of a principle, the franchise owner, hes a utter dickhead, with his smarmy smile and over zealous ex-car-salesman grin.

You know, the type.. cheesy grin,

Apparently she is coming today, with a 2 hr contract for us to countersign ( my express reQ.ment)
Basically turn up at 3 ( i will sign her agency stuff )
APPARENT buyer turns up at 4
If nothing by 5 ( i will rip up said contract (both copies ))
Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:47 pm
Banned

Well... the agent came round.

Tried to sign us into a 10 day contract, I said can we do it by the hour?

She wasnt impressed, so i said no worries, and put tomorrows date, as the conclusion of any contractural dealings with her and us.

I was still totally paranoid and suspicious, and to be honest I have my reasons, as already stated..

But lo and behold along came the "potential buyers" mum dad n kids, and spent 2 hrs here !!!

I hate being in the house when there are viewings, so i always piss off out.

Because, apparently i was rude, debs refused my wednesday pocket money , so the pub was out ! So off i went on tut mower,...

Must admit, with the grass cut, i feel like buying the darn place myself...

Anyways..

according to the agent, the people may want to make an offer, ive already told her, i am absolutely inflexible on price. So please dont come back with a lower offer than that we have stated.
I reiterated, if she wants the sale, shes got until 3pm tomorrow ! lol.. or its dead in the water ( mind you if they are interested, then bugger that, i will extend no wukkas !!! )

However, the commision is still bugging me, with GST.. its hitting me up for 23k and stamp duty on next place is 25k !

48 effin K all up !!!!

thats bloody ridicularse !!!

Ste

[ watch this space ( im not holding my breath !! ) ]
Old Jan 15th 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

gillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud ofgillysm has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Well... the agent came round.

Tried to sign us into a 10 day contract, I said can we do it by the hour?

She wasnt impressed, so i said no worries, and put tomorrows date, as the conclusion of any contractural dealings with her and us.

I was still totally paranoid and suspicious, and to be honest I have my reasons, as already stated..

But lo and behold along came the "potential buyers" mum dad n kids, and spent 2 hrs here !!!

I hate being in the house when there are viewings, so i always piss off out.

Because, apparently i was rude, debs refused my wednesday pocket money , so the pub was out ! So off i went on tut mower,...

Must admit, with the grass cut, i feel like buying the darn place myself...

Anyways..

according to the agent, the people may want to make an offer, ive already told her, i am absolutely inflexible on price. So please dont come back with a lower offer than that we have stated.
I reiterated, if she wants the sale, shes got until 3pm tomorrow ! lol.. or its dead in the water ( mind you if they are interested, then bugger that, i will extend no wukkas !!! )

However, the commision is still bugging me, with GST.. its hitting me up for 23k and stamp duty on next place is 25k !

48 effin K all up !!!!

thats bloody ridicularse !!!

Ste

[ watch this space ( im not holding my breath !! ) ]
I know it's a helluva lot of dosh but if this agent did actually introduce someone to you that's going to buy and you're happy with the price then she's done her job. One buyer is better that 100 viewings and no buyer. AND you get a happy wife!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 7:03 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by gillysm
I know it's a helluva lot of dosh but if this agent did actually introduce someone to you that's going to buy and you're happy with the price then she's done her job. One buyer is better that 100 viewings and no buyer. AND you get a happy wife!
How so true !!

To be fair, thats always in the back of our mind, and if given two scenarios....

1) agent shows everyone and anyone, no sale.
2) agent shows 1 buyer, full asking price, no advertising..

Can you really complain?

Not really !
Old Jan 16th 2008, 10:29 am
Banned

Well...

Update: ( fone calls back n forth till 10pm last night )

The potential buyer, apparently foned the agent last night, and reiterated a verbal offer.

Quite unexpected, but nonetheless welcomed. However, 20k under bottom line.

We reiterated our stance on price, but did make a suggestion...

We would disount price, dollar for dollar if agent discounts commission...

She said that aint gonna happen.. so looks like another sale gone belly up. Who knows...

3 weeks ago, a written contract was put on the house, and after all mathematics, we were 3k adrift. I had a meeting with our (then ) agent.. and went thru the entire thing, penny for penny.. and said the only way to meet the deal, would be if he dropped his 23k commission by 3k. He refused.

The buyer could not or would not come up, we could not come down. Sale collapsed !

Some will say , how shortsighted of us, and we should cling onto every buyer, no matter what.

But those in QLD, either on a property ladder, or in our case a painters trestle ( as value wise we are moving sideways ) know, that prices are not really dropping.
Albeit some areas, are seeing a significant slowdown, on the whole, property is defending its pricetag, and then some. So its fundamental, to really sit down and do the logistics, mathematically.

We have done this, and yanno.. you do think, fuggit why bother. I am getting to that point now, and all because of bloody dogs !!!

Those with pets will appreciate the lengths we goto ( collectively ) to find the idyllic solution to our furry friends. Myself, well... we have dogs, as most know, and Australia, doesnt lend itself politically or environmentally, to a condusive and harmonios shared pet experience. So you have to be flexible.

In our case, our flexibility is at the limit, and so the need to sell, is really thru practicality, than vanity/ego stroking.

Lets hope, this couple, increase their offer, and dont just sail off into the sunset !!

Ste
Old Jan 16th 2008, 11:20 am
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's shortsighted of you, I think it's incredibly shortsighted of the agent though. I realise they don't want to set precedents, yadda yadda, but isn't $20,000 better than 0$?
If you dropped your house price you are actually losing something, you will never be able to get it back - whereas by not selling, you retain the chance of obtaining full asking price. But the agent has just kissed goodbye to $20,000! I mean really what do they do to justify that kind of fee anyway?! I appreciate they do some work, but that's half an annual salary for some folk and they want it for selling one house? It's a joke!

(Good on you for sticking to your guns, it will all come together sooner or later for you I'm sure.)
Old Jan 16th 2008, 11:56 am
Banned

Cheers !!!!!

I am withya on this.

Because of our location, we do not have passing traffic, etc etc so..

Our listing, with ANY agent, is:

no sign board
no agents round here include advertising in their fees !!! apart from a link on thier website, and one on real-estate.com

1st agent, which wouldnt reduce fee by 3k, had shown 3 ppl round ( 2 of which was same person ) 1 of which wanted to buy, and put a contract on place.

Each viewing, we well, Debs showed the ppl round, cos the agent isnt into rural stuff, and techy stuff that we have.

She also wouldnt show ppl, the place until the drive was complete, as it wouldnt give the correct impression.

In fact, all they ever kept saying was, yours is the most expensive house ever in this area. Which is bloody bullshit, ours isnt anything special, and there are hundreds of better homes, bigger and better built, nicer land, etc etc etc but they just arent on the MARKET at the mo...

so they also had an issue with the price. On one such meeting, as some are aware, i pelted down to their offices, in my ute, to chin the owner. He actually emailed me, stating, they had bent over backwards, and that we were greedy. ( still have emails )

+ cos we are into websites, we did a full website for the house ( was for another project ) but i borrowed it for this lol.. so everythime someone was interested , they just said, check the website out !!

All up i reckon them pricks spent, about $200-300 on trying to sell this place !!!!

So yer, i am firmly on the bandwagon, of any astute expats on here who KNOW they can provide a better system, cos its sorely needed !!!

oh and still aint heard a dickybird lol...
Old Jan 16th 2008, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

I might become an estate agent, one with morals and ethics (!!) and just undercut all the rest.
After all, you don't have to be a big high street name to advertise on realestate.com.au etc, or put an ad in the paper, and once you had a reputation (word of mouth, best advertising) then people would come to you anyway for reliable, discrete service at a reasonable price. Is that too much for people to ask?! I think not!

Edit: And if I did become an estate agent, I would proof-read my advertisements and use spell check. No 'onsweets' for me!!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

yanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of lightyanH is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by esperanza
I might become an estate agent, one with morals and ethics (!!) and just undercut all the rest.
After all, you don't have to be a big high street name to advertise on realestate.com.au etc, or put an ad in the paper, and once you had a reputation (word of mouth, best advertising) then people would come to you anyway for reliable, discrete service at a reasonable price. Is that too much for people to ask?! I think not!
I think that the whole estate agency business is simply a huge cartel in which they all conspire together to charge an obscene amount for not a lot. The true cost of selling most peoples property is probably in the $100's certainly not the $10,000's. Its funny how nearly all agents charge virtually the same amount where's the competition there? If there was a proper functioning market for estate agents services then there would be a whole range of different prices that you could pay dependent on the level of service etc...

I think if somebody was to set up a Real Estate business which sold property for a flat fee (lets face it selling a more expensive property doesn't really take any more effort) then you would put the rest of the sharks out of business in no time.
Old Jan 16th 2008, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by yanH

I think if somebody was to set up a Real Estate business which sold property for a flat fee (lets face it selling a more expensive property doesn't really take any more effort) then you would put the rest of the sharks out of business in no time.
ZACTLY!
Old Jan 16th 2008, 4:06 pm
Banned

Go-Gecko do such a thing.
Old Jan 17th 2008, 1:15 am
Forum Regular

goingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nicegoingau is just really nice

hmm, Real Estate business could be an oppertunity here.

hey timber floor au, now you've meat the buyer can't you do a private sale (if your out of contract) or set up as a realestate agent online
Old Jan 17th 2008, 4:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Timber,

Just read the rest of your saga. What a :curse: the agent is. Hope that the people come back or the agent sees sense.

As other posters have said. Just register a real estate business and put your house for sale through it.

(Wonder, if this is possible and if you are looking into it this minute.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.