Wikiposts

A typical scenario

Old Jan 17th 2008, 8:44 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A typical scenario

Yo guys !!

Tried to reply last night, but Brit Expats servers were down.

Well.. spent all day yesterday on tenterhooks.. and last night received a call, from agent.
The potential buyers want to come back round, to walk the land, and see how feasible it really is for their 2 horses.
I can understand that, as its what we class as a lifestyle block, albeit its 10 acres, its set high on a hill, and the land obviously slopes off to both sides.

They really love the house, but not 100% sure on the block...(hmmm)

The thing I have found in Oz, especially so, compared to uk.. is people dont really have imagination. Its a bit like those frustrating programs on tv, where they walk round a place, and are whinging about wallpaper etc.. and colourschemes...

FFS use your head, all that stuff can be changed, use some vision, some grey matter, think outside the box..

Anyways where was I lol....

Yer , seems like they are real keen, young couple, and cash buyers??? ffs where do these ppl get their money from !! amazes me
The guy reminds me of a pakistani, and thats not a racist comment..

I will explain.
Pakistanis, for those that have ever worked for them, male or female, cannot envision stuff. They have to see it for their own eyes, they have very very poor spacial awareness, and cannot determine lengths, heights areas, volumes...
Im sure it isnt just relegated to pakistanis, but its a trait ive noticed on 100's of occasions. Perhaps ist because, of their logical nature, that we can only imagine, a result.... by the components of the route to getting there, as they are familiar. Those components that make up, an overall result or situation, if not understood, are impossible to envisage....

Example:
The guy cannot fathom out, how he will get water to his horses ! Which isnt as daft as it sounds, but takes some ingenuity and lateral thinking.
He also has issues with how to level out a day yard for his nags, and is looking at a area of about 1.5 acres we have at the rear of the house, which slopes in three directions.

Ive assured the agent how this is done, and that cost is actually suprisingly minimal... circa $10k

The reason we hate these particular agents so much ( they are one of biggest in oz ) is their valuation methods.

This is absolutely true now.

We had 3 valuations ( as there are 3 agents servicing our village )
This particular agent, valued at $150,000 below 2 other agents !!!

We were flabberghasted ! They reiterated that the other agents had severly overloaded the value to gain business.
As luck would have it, we didnt choose them !! But to prove it wasnt a stupid agent, cocking things up.. on a viewing of some land, in another suburb about 30k away, we were being shown round by the same company, but different franchise office and agent.

Somehow we said sure, if you wanna value the place, go ahead.. he had NO TIME to fone anyone, or indeed speak to his co-worker.. and followed us back to our place, ( he had no fone either, as he during demonstrating pool filter on the house we had just viewed with him, it plopped out his pocket into the pool !!! ) ... has happened to me also.

Anyways, he comes back.. and values the place to within 5k of the other person from his company.

He however went onto say, as a company, its easier for us to start at a realistic price, and sell up.... than start high, waste yours and everyones time, and then keep coming back to you with knockdown offers...

I suggested that, to talk someone up 100-150k is quite hard !!!!!! lol

He left and we just smiled that smile to each other , cocked our eyebrows and walked out.

Im being serious !!!!

so overall our bandwidth on price was 300k yep THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS , between top valuation and bottom valuation !!!
We plumped for a middle value, and as it stands have had 2 contracts on the place for a little under 20-30k under that limit.

So i reckon we had it pitched right !!!

Anyways we have a second inspection tomorrow, and I plan on buggering off out to prune gum trees, or whatever lol.

Anyone whos met me , and or the missus ( especially the missus ) will know shes a bit of a fruit cake, and when she gets good news, runs round the house, like Ronaldo, with his shirt over his head !! after scoring a goal.

So fingers crossed !!

We have contemplated setting up an agency, and Debs would like to do the course. So if anyone on brizzys northside ( female ) fancies doing the course at tafe, or wherever it is, get in touch cos, I reckon I may enrol the trouble and strife too !!!

Ste
Old Jan 17th 2008, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Yo guys !!

Tried to reply last night, but Brit Expats servers were down.

Well.. spent all day yesterday on tenterhooks.. and last night received a call, from agent.
The potential buyers want to come back round, to walk the land, and see how feasible it really is for their 2 horses.
I can understand that, as its what we class as a lifestyle block, albeit its 10 acres, its set high on a hill, and the land obviously slopes off to both sides.

They really love the house, but not 100% sure on the block...(hmmm)

The thing I have found in Oz, especially so, compared to uk.. is people dont really have imagination. Its a bit like those frustrating programs on tv, where they walk round a place, and are whinging about wallpaper etc.. and colourschemes...

FFS use your head, all that stuff can be changed, use some vision, some grey matter, think outside the box..

Anyways where was I lol....

Yer , seems like they are real keen, young couple, and cash buyers??? ffs where do these ppl get their money from !! amazes me
The guy reminds me of a pakistani, and thats not a racist comment..

I will explain.
Pakistanis, for those that have ever worked for them, male or female, cannot envision stuff. They have to see it for their own eyes, they have very very poor spacial awareness, and cannot determine lengths, heights areas, volumes...
Im sure it isnt just relegated to pakistanis, but its a trait ive noticed on 100's of occasions. Perhaps ist because, of their logical nature, that we can only imagine, a result.... by the components of the route to getting there, as they are familiar. Those components that make up, an overall result or situation, if not understood, are impossible to envisage....

Example:
The guy cannot fathom out, how he will get water to his horses ! Which isnt as daft as it sounds, but takes some ingenuity and lateral thinking.
He also has issues with how to level out a day yard for his nags, and is looking at a area of about 1.5 acres we have at the rear of the house, which slopes in three directions.

Ive assured the agent how this is done, and that cost is actually suprisingly minimal... circa $10k

The reason we hate these particular agents so much ( they are one of biggest in oz ) is their valuation methods.

This is absolutely true now.

We had 3 valuations ( as there are 3 agents servicing our village )
This particular agent, valued at $150,000 below 2 other agents !!!

We were flabberghasted ! They reiterated that the other agents had severly overloaded the value to gain business.
As luck would have it, we didnt choose them !! But to prove it wasnt a stupid agent, cocking things up.. on a viewing of some land, in another suburb about 30k away, we were being shown round by the same company, but different franchise office and agent.

Somehow we said sure, if you wanna value the place, go ahead.. he had NO TIME to fone anyone, or indeed speak to his co-worker.. and followed us back to our place, ( he had no fone either, as he during demonstrating pool filter on the house we had just viewed with him, it plopped out his pocket into the pool !!! ) ... has happened to me also.

Anyways, he comes back.. and values the place to within 5k of the other person from his company.

He however went onto say, as a company, its easier for us to start at a realistic price, and sell up.... than start high, waste yours and everyones time, and then keep coming back to you with knockdown offers...

I suggested that, to talk someone up 100-150k is quite hard !!!!!! lol

He left and we just smiled that smile to each other , cocked our eyebrows and walked out.

Im being serious !!!!

so overall our bandwidth on price was 300k yep THREE HUNDRED THOUSAND DOLLARS , between top valuation and bottom valuation !!!
We plumped for a middle value, and as it stands have had 2 contracts on the place for a little under 20-30k under that limit.

So i reckon we had it pitched right !!!

Anyways we have a second inspection tomorrow, and I plan on buggering off out to prune gum trees, or whatever lol.

Anyone whos met me , and or the missus ( especially the missus ) will know shes a bit of a fruit cake, and when she gets good news, runs round the house, like Ronaldo, with his shirt over his head !! after scoring a goal.

So fingers crossed !!

We have contemplated setting up an agency, and Debs would like to do the course. So if anyone on brizzys northside ( female ) fancies doing the course at tafe, or wherever it is, get in touch cos, I reckon I may enrol the trouble and strife too !!!

Ste
mate it would take me all day to type that lot
Old Jan 17th 2008, 12:08 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PAP01
mate it would take me all day to type that lot
pmsl.. everyone has a book inside them !!

Mine happens to be KAMA SUTRA !! lolol
Old Jan 17th 2008, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

PAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond reputePAP01 has a reputation beyond repute

pmsl.. everyone has a book inside them !!

Mine happens to be KAMA SUTRA !! lolol
Last time i sat down and read a book was Peter &Jane at babe school
Old Jan 17th 2008, 4:28 pm
Banned

LOLOL

All i get to read now are chinese technical instructions for all the shite i buy at bunnings !!
Old Jan 17th 2008, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

LOLOL

All i get to read now are chinese technical instructions for all the shite i buy at bunnings !!
who needs instuctions books , get the kids to work it out , should take them all of 2mins
Old Jan 18th 2008, 2:20 pm
Banned

Well... another buyer comes and goes !

2nd viewing today. 3 hrs of inspecting every orifice, checking every freshly mowed blade of grass, tapping every fkn tree !

lol

Then.. ( fone )

Hi Ste, I have an offer, in writing with a deposit, cash buyer... da dee fkn dahhh

but !.. you aint gonna like it, its still the same offer as 2 days ago, that you guys rejected. 20k under to be precise.

K..., well I said, thanks for all your help.

Erm.. what dya want me to do and say?? says agent.

Im sorry, im not clear.. what do you mean? ... cos I seem to recall our convo the other day, and i am sure I categorically told you it was offers over ( which incidentally is 50k under original house value ) .. I also mentioned, do not bring that couple here again, unless they can take on board the simple phrase OFFERS OVER.

ahhh.. she said, but they have put it in writing.

They could have done it with crayola crayons upside down in a wind tunnel, wearing nothing but candy floss underwear !!!

Simple, .. OFFERS OVER not offers.

So theyve walked, and another buyer saunters off into the distance.

Old Jan 18th 2008, 6:23 pm
Banned

and.... then the SELLER (me ) saunters back... down the alley, grabs the buyer by the balls, and says hmm....

So its well, sold !

Have got hold of our solicitor on a saturday arvo !! bless her, shes bloody brill..

she has worded the contract ( cos, for some reason as a seller, you dont get a cooling off period !!!! the BUYER does but not the seller !!!, thats a bit mad isnt it !!! )

anyways... cos of that, she has worded the contract that, if by 25th we cannot, re-negotiate the place we want, to and inline with the discounted price , as is on this place... then the contract dies a death

Cos to be honest, we only want one place, and if we can get him down 20k, then its all HUNKY DORY innit !!!

SO, stop bashing my door down to buy my house, its under contract !!

Old Jan 18th 2008, 8:39 pm
Banned

You farkun beauty !!!

You little RIPPA !!!

Sweet as !! Sorted. Result. Wicked and fully sick !!!

Spoke to agent, of the block we wanna buy, and have re-negotiated the seller, down inline with the discount we have allowed on our place.

and.. the seller has AGREED !!!

BOY am I gonna get so Pissed tonite !!!!!

Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Timber!

Enjoy your drink(s!) tonight.

(Wish it was so simple to sell a house in the UK!)
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:09 pm
Banned

Cheers hun.

For a while I thought I was typing to myself all blog like lol

Thankyou
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers hun.

For a while I thought I was typing to myself all blog like lol

Thankyou
LOL - Everyone in Oz out or in bed and everyone in UK is up and out on a Saturday morning.

Just off out myself. Enjoy the feeling of everything being sorted.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 9:12 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Fly Away
LOL - Everyone in Oz out or in bed and everyone in UK is up and out on a Saturday morning.

Just off out myself. Enjoy the feeling of everything being sorted.
Have a great day !!!
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

You farkun beauty !!!

Cheapskate! Where's the champers?
Old Jan 18th 2008, 11:14 pm

Sheff_Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Gin & COKE??????

Cheapskate! Where's the champers?
in the bar waiting for you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.