Wikiposts

A typical scenario

Old Jan 14th 2008, 6:52 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default A typical scenario

Its happened once before, and has nearly just happened again. I dont doubt it will re-occur in the future at some point. What I wonder is, how many people have experienced the very same...??

Neighbour bumps into the missus yesterday. She has just started a new job, working in a well known real estate agent, and said. " Thank god ive bumped into you,.. I've got a lady who would love to see your place, has sold, is cashed up, and just been let down on another property, shes desperate to see your place !!!... so I was thinking, can i bring her round?"

The missus.., " sure but... we are not going to list our house with you guys."

"oh.. said the girl, well..listen, let me come and check it out, familiarise myself with it, and if I think its right for the lady, just sign up on a once only viewing listing! and see how it goes, she is extremely keen !!!!"

The missus..," sure but... why not come and show her round, FIRST, and if she likes it, we can sign up, and do the contract simultaneously!"

hmmm... she said... "well says the missus, weve been caught before on this kind of dealing, and its not something Ste likes, or actually tolerates... but !!! If you have a genuine buyer, then of course we would be silly not to list with you... but AFTER you have shown her round, and if she is willing to put a contract on the place..."
"oh.. and we have an open listing, so your not treading on anyones toes, and of course the commission will be cheaper wont it !? which will be a bargain !!"

erm... " No, the comission is x amount, and is inflexible. By law we cannot show a potential buyer your house, without you being in a contract with us !"

"oh well says the missus, we are having caserole tonight, and watching a DVD , so cya later. Thanks for coming up, and wish you good luck in your new job "

Yanno.. reminds me of the film, with Danny DeVito, where he is a dodgy salesmen selling Siding

I hate this kind of dealings, and tried putting the missus off, but she said... cmon Ste, give the girl a chance, shes really nice !!!

Bugger that !!!

Some will say, thats pretty short sighted Ste, it could have been a genuine buyer. However, having been tripped up once before by a dodgy real estate agent on the south side, using the EXACT same pitch... im somewhat dubious !!

Have any of you guys experienced this?

Last edited by Timber Floor Au; Jan 14th 2008 at 6:54 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A typical scenario

If she is a genuine buyer then she will find out who is marketing you house and buy it anyway
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:02 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
If she is a genuine buyer then she will find out who is marketing you house and buy it anyway
Exactly !! my point.

However, the chck says, she will lose out on the introduction then !!!

and at a hefty $21k commission of which i suppose she gets 25% shes a tad on edge lol

Last edited by Timber Floor Au; Jan 14th 2008 at 7:04 pm.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
Exactly !! my point.

How did her buyer found out your house was for sale, & why go to her, why not just go to your estate agent that are advertise for you? just doesnt make sense.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:08 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by chris and farideh
How did her buyer found out your house was for sale, & why go to her, why not just go to your estate agent that are advertise for you? just doesnt make sense.
Apparently they are both into horses, and she lives just over the rd. She came round to day, on the missus invite, n said .. shit this will be ideal for her 2 horses....

According to her, she had been chatting to this woman, about our place.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

chris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond reputechris and farideh has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently they are both into horses, and she lives just over the rd. She came round to day, on the missus invite, n said .. shit this will be ideal for her 2 horses....

According to her, she had been chatting to this woman, about our place.
Lovely place you've got, are you leaving Australia already, it's a lot of land for those 2 horses.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly !! my point.

and at a hefty $21k commission of which i suppose she gets 25% shes a tad on edge lol

Well if she wants commission from the house sale then she needs to lower the fees Cheeky bugger!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:20 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly !! my point.

And is that your problem?
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:26 pm
Banned

For some reason I feel guilty lol.

And as we all know, when we want to sell a home, its usually when you least expect it.

So yer, I've told the missus, ok, she can LIST it ONE TIME only, no advertising, nothing.

If she sells, I will pay the commission, albeit I think, its a bloody cheek not giving us a discount.

Thing is I detest these Agents, with PASSION !! lol.. but shouldnt really let that be a issue ! I spose, lol ( tail between legs )
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

And as we all know, when we want to sell a home, its usually when you least expect it.

So yer, I've told the missus, ok, she can LIST it ONE TIME only, no advertising, nothing.

If she sells, I will pay the commission, albeit I think, its a bloody cheek not giving us a discount.

Thing is I detest these Agents, with PASSION !! lol.. but shouldnt really let that be a issue ! I spose, lol ( tail between legs )
How much do other agents charge? If it's the same then fair enough, if it's more then tell her to bugger off.
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Hey if she already has the perfect buyer, and she's sourced your house for them, then why should you pay the commission? She wasn't working for YOU, she did the research for the BUYER. Tell her if she want the sale then she can have 1%! She'd be lucky you didn't just do it privately and bypass her altogether, which you would be quite entitled to do if no contracts have been signed!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

We had the same thing happen in the UK. We had 3 agents round to value the property. One of them said that she had someone on her books who was desperate to buy in our road. We weren't quite ready to go on the market, but said if this person wanted to view and bought the house we would pay the agent a 'finders fee' as they had not done anything other than value the house. OK said agent and booked an appointment for this person. Half an hour before the appointment, the EA manager rang me to say that they couldn't bring the viewer as I hadn't signed a contract with them. I said, the 'finders fee' contract? He said, no - the regular one for 2%!! (The other agents charge less than this anyway) I said I didn't want to pay that as it was silly just for an introduction. He tried to force me, but I wouldn't give in and they cancelled the viewing.

I was telling a friend about this and she said that the same agent had done the same thing to her. Lying cheating so and sos - this is a big National chain in the UK, so watch out folks!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:53 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Wendy
How much do other agents charge? If it's the same then fair enough, if it's more then tell her to bugger off.
Most agents well round near us anyway, charge the QLD limit. So thats the absolute max they can lol
Bless them !!

Its only generally if a sale collapses, and a reduction would have helped that other agents , say, well we would have !! pmsl

Originally Posted by esperanza
Hey if she already has the perfect buyer, and she's sourced your house for them, then why should you pay the commission? She wasn't working for YOU, she did the research for the BUYER. Tell her if she want the sale then she can have 1%! She'd be lucky you didn't just do it privately and bypass her altogether, which you would be quite entitled to do if no contracts have been signed!
True very true, however. She cannot bring a buyer round, cos of some ethical legalities. To be fair, she did suggest that if we didnt want to go thru her, she could just tell the buyer to go via another agent, but that then isnt really fair on her...

In hindsight, or foresight as the case maybe, it would be in the real estates interest to reduce a commission based on the stickyness of their apparent buyer, surely...
Old Jan 14th 2008, 7:55 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Fly Away
We had the same thing happen in the UK. We had 3 agents round to value the property. One of them said that she had someone on her books who was desperate to buy in our road. We weren't quite ready to go on the market, but said if this person wanted to view and bought the house we would pay the agent a 'finders fee' as they had not done anything other than value the house. OK said agent and booked an appointment for this person. Half an hour before the appointment, the EA manager rang me to say that they couldn't bring the viewer as I hadn't signed a contract with them. I said, the 'finders fee' contract? He said, no - the regular one for 2%!! (The other agents charge less than this anyway) I said I didn't want to pay that as it was silly just for an introduction. He tried to force me, but I wouldn't give in and they cancelled the viewing.

I was telling a friend about this and she said that the same agent had done the same thing to her. Lying cheating so and sos - this is a big National chain in the UK, so watch out folks!

Im sure its a Real Estate Trick of the Trade.

Im pretty sure, having had a HUGE argument with the dickhead who did same to us , on the southside..
..i told him, you prove theres a buyer, furnish details to our solicitor, and ask them to hold that information in trust, and we will list with you...

He never DID !!!!
Old Jan 14th 2008, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Im sure its a Real Estate Trick of the Trade.

Im pretty sure, having had a HUGE argument with the dickhead who did same to us , on the southside..
..i told him, you prove theres a buyer, furnish details to our solicitor, and ask them to hold that information in trust, and we will list with you...

He never DID !!!!
They're the same the World over.:curse:

I shall have to remember your trick of asking them to lodge the details with the solicitor.

Since then, we have been on the market with another EA and we've had a note stuck through the door from yet another EA saying they have a buyer for us if we sign with them. I thought, the same as you, well, they can see the 'for sale' sign with the other agent, so why don't they phone them???? They think we are stupid.

If you think there is a chance of your neighbour's friend being genuine, why don't you tell her you'll pay her the commission she would have earnt direct for introducing a private sale? If it is a friend then her agency can't complain.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.