Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Transfer oz reg plates to uk?

Transfer oz reg plates to uk?

Old Feb 11th 2010, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to beholdDeutschmaster is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Transfer oz reg plates to uk?

Originally Posted by copa
I'e seen european rego plates in Canberra.. even seen some israeli plates in Sydney... I suspect they came with their cars though.

Seems like a great effort for them to bring their car to Oz.
I was talking to two Germans in the Grampians who'd had their Kombi campervan shipped over. They were driving the world. They'd first shipped it to the states, drove across canada and down to California then had it shipped to Aus. It was a surprise seeing german licence plates I can tell you!
Old Feb 12th 2010, 8:08 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Transfer oz reg plates to uk?

Originally Posted by Deutschmaster
I was talking to two Germans in the Grampians who'd had their Kombi campervan shipped over. They were driving the world. They'd first shipped it to the states, drove across canada and down to California then had it shipped to Aus. It was a surprise seeing german licence plates I can tell you!
I like the thing on google maps where you ask for directions between Melbourne and New York (say). It gives directions to Darwin and the next instruction is "Kayak across Pacific Ocean to Japan"