Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

TPG Internet any experience

TPG Internet any experience

Old Dec 14th 2008, 12:39 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: TPG Internet any experience

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I use an international calling card to make all my UK/USA calls, and I use Internode as my broadband provider.

Did it at my last house, for the last 114 months, and nobody has mentioned anything.

S
Well no harm in trying!
Old Dec 14th 2008, 12:40 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
Well no harm in trying!
Sorry, that should have read last 14 months, not 114.

But, as you say, no harm in trying, and if they get sweaty, then clear off to Optus.

S
Old Dec 14th 2008, 12:48 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Sorry, that should have read last 14 months, not 114.

But, as you say, no harm in trying, and if they get sweaty, then clear off to Optus.

S
Ok. Thanks. I'm just chatting with them now trying to sort it. They're reluctant to transfer me due to my BigPond account they tell me. Hmmmmm.

I've asked to speak to someone in the know ....
Old Dec 14th 2008, 7:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

medwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of lightmedwaymark is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I was just looking at the Home Budget Plan page and it says :

'HomeLine® Budget customers agree not to acquire services from other carriage service providers by dialing their access override code and must not acquire a broadband service from another service provider which is provided using line sharing technology.'

So how are you guys getting round that?
Perhaps I'm not using Line Sharing Technology....what ever that is I just asked for the most basic installation and got TPG to connect ADSL....hasn't been a problem yet.
Old Dec 14th 2008, 8:40 pm
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

We keep a Telstra line as our VoiP (which comes with our TPG ADSL2) does not allow calls to 13 or 1300 or 1800 Numbers etc. we still find a need to call them for insurance companies, gov agencies & the like and also mobile calls are vey expensive.
We love $49.95 plan which includes $20 of VoiP calls (or 500 mins) to all cities in AU for 10c untimed anytime & it covers international calls too
We find we haven't actually had a phone bill worth mentioning since we signed up
Old Dec 15th 2008, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

NigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond reputeNigelWaring has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by viviennef
I had a client with tpg and found their customer service/tech support team absolutely hopeless. ...
I spoke quite highly about TPG in my first post but was reminded of an ongoing problem on Saturday. ADSL was down, probably not their fault because I found out later that other ISPs in our area were also down. I phoned TPG Help Desk, it doesn't open until 9:00 a.m., had to listen to the recording several times to understand what they were saying, eventually pressed button 1 and was told "There are no known service issues" so then I pressed button 2 to go to the Help Desk and got the message "Due to the influx of calls we are unable to assist you with your enquiry". Clearly there was a serious major problem and they did know about it because they had turned message 2 on but they didn't have the courtesy to tell their customers on message 1. This has happened many times when there has been a major problem, it would be very simple to put a message on their system to tell us all that ADSL is down, not a hard thing to do but they do not seem to have the skills to handle that simple task. I have written to them but if past experience is anything to go by they'll ignore the problem and send their standard letter saying "we apologise for any inconvenience caused".
Old Dec 15th 2008, 8:50 am
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Hoola
We keep a Telstra line as our VoiP (which comes with our TPG ADSL2) does not allow calls to 13 or 1300 or 1800 Numbers etc.
Sounds like a good reason to use a different voip provider to me - I have no problems calling ANY number from the mynetfone account (apart from, for some bizarre reason Pizza Hut - but I've got around that by having our local stores number programmed into the phones address book now!). And being able to call anywhere in the world for untimed at zero cost (apart from $5 a month) is just a winner. We went from a $50 as month to a $5 a month phone bill when we switched! -

Also As soon as we dropped the landline we got ZERO telemarketing calls, not one, NADA - for 30 months now!!!
Old Dec 15th 2008, 3:58 pm
Account Closed

savanna454 is an unknown quantity at this point

TPG are in the top 10 ISP's for complaints to the TIO:

http://apcmag.com/named_and_shamed_t...about_isps.htm

Might also be worth doing a search on here before signing up:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-threads.cfm?f=90
Old Dec 15th 2008, 4:44 pm
...giving optimism a go?!

DadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud ofDadAgain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by savanna454
TPG are in the top 10 ISP's for complaints to the TIO
Without trying to defend anything at all - to be in the 'top 10 ISP' list in this country isnt too hard - and given that TPG would be the 4th? biggest in the country it'd be nothing short of AMAZING if they werent in the top 10 for complaints....

Honestly compared with Telstra ANYONE is better, and TPG do offer some very competitvely priced low cost plans... That low cost might come at the expense of quality support, but the old "pay peanuts, get monkeys" addage might be appropriate here.

Perhaps I've been lucky - but my TPG service has been flawless.... (I've never needed to call their support)