Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The things Australia does best

The things Australia does best

Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:48 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The things Australia does best

Originally Posted by Grayling
Originally Posted by chris955
It was primarily in reference to this ridiculous statement '
Agreed....a truly bizarre statement
Add it to the incredibly long list.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:48 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chris955

Add it to the incredibly long list.
I've noticed
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 1:00 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

that's red tape
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commonwealth
that's red tape
I'm sure that Australians have their own problems with red tape, but tey would have to go a long way to beat Brussels I'm sure.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 1:45 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheArmChairDetective
I'm sure that Australians have their own problems with red tape, but tey would have to go a long way to beat Brussels I'm sure.
The Brussels in Australia are much bigger than the ones I used to see in Tesco.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

eddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond reputeeddie007 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
The Brussels in Australia are much bigger than the ones I used to see in Tesco.
Darling.... What you are refering to are, in actual fact, inferior australian cabbages
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 1:51 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Aussie red tape is astounding in many areas.
I got an email this morning about my pay. For some unknown reason work decided to over pay me by $50 yesterday, so today they sent me FIVE forms to fill in so that they can reclaim the $50. I replied they will have to wait till I am back in Aus next week as I have no printer/scanner here so can't sign them. The reply? Thats fine but you will need to fill in another form to say why you have delayed making the repayment

Day before I left Aus I posted a birthday card with a badge on it, internationally. Apparently having a badge o it makes it a parcel, so I had to fill in the form with my name, address, and phone number as will as the details on the contents, and produce my passport ......
Went to the Post Office today in the UK - posted a large parcel internationally, all I did was squiggle my signature on the customs form, pure heaven!
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 1:54 pm
Banned

furbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of lightfurbacchione is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I got an email this morning about my pay. For some unknown reason work decided to over pay me by $50 yesterday, so today they sent me FIVE forms to fill in so that they can reclaim the $50. I replied they will have to wait till I am back in Aus next week as I have no printer/scanner here so can't sign them. The reply? Thats fine but you will need to fill in another form to say why you have delayed making the repayment
My wife was wondering where her $50 went... now we know. Just send us the fifty and its settled
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 2:02 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Day before I left Aus I posted a birthday card with a badge on it, internationally. Apparently having a badge o it makes it a parcel, so I had to fill in the form with my name, address, and phone number as will as the details on the contents, and produce my passport ......
Went to the Post Office today in the UK - posted a large parcel internationally, all I did was squiggle my signature on the customs form, pure heaven!
Your life with Aus Post is sooooo bizarre
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 2:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

TheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond reputeTheArmChairDetective has a reputation beyond repute

Having sent items using AusPost I feel your pain but I wish you had tried to send a letter from UK rather than a parcel, then you could have had the fun of your letter being put through a hole in a piece of cardboard to check which type of letter it was
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 2:29 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Having sent items using AusPost I feel your pain but I wish you had tried to send a letter from UK rather than a parcel, then you could have had the fun of your letter being put through a hole in a piece of cardboard to check which type of letter it was
They do that here too.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 2:35 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furbacchione
My wife was wondering where her $50 went... now we know. Just send us the fifty and its settled
Sorted

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
They do that here too.
They certainly do
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 2:37 pm
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

weird
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 2:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
They do that here too.
So, Brussels must have sold everyone a Red Tape Package
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Wherever I drive to after work each evening I guess
Toe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud ofToe Dipper has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=commonwealth;10360471]"The things Australia does best"
  • Avoidance of bureaucracy

Do you have a licence, certified by an RTO, or if not a stat dec to be able to state this on a public forum?

TD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.