Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

The things Australia does best

The things Australia does best

Old Nov 2nd 2012, 10:53 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The things Australia does best

Originally Posted by Wendee
No you assumed, and we all know what assume means don't we? Your a lazy pom who buys at supermarkets, we don't having much higher standards. Get over it son!
So you must have shopped at supermarkets in the UK then?

So it is OK for you generalise about things in the UK but then get very Selective when it comes to Australia

What a surprise
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 10:58 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
Most bacon sold in Australia is from Denmark so what is the difference
I'm yet to find any bacon from Denmark in local shops, I'm astounded that 75% is from there, it sure is though. I'm sure the supermarkets must be the principle suppliers. My little butchers shop sells bacon that comes from pigs reared about 5 k from my house. Ditto the beef.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 10:59 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cresta57
I'm yet to find any bacon from Denmark in local shops, I'm astounded that 75% is from there, it sure is though. I'm sure the supermarkets must be the principle suppliers. My little butchers shop sells bacon that comes from pigs reared about 5 k from my house. Ditto the beef.
Indeed.......it was the same for us in Derbyshire
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:05 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

Indeed.......it was the same for us in Derbyshire
That was true for us in the U.K as well, except the livestock was reared on our own land.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:09 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by cresta57
That was true for us in the U.K as well, except the livestock was reared on our own land.
I remember the pigs being slaughtered by a blow to the head with a sledgehammer and then cutting their throat, many years ago in Ireland.

....as kids we found in strangely fascinating
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

I've not tried horse meat - I put it down to the scarring experience I had in the pet met mans cool room when my brothers horse went missing and he thought the pet met guy had taken him to get back at my brother for carting the pet meat dude's wife out. My sister and I snuck in and tried to find him (the horse, not my brother) amongst the horse body parts in the cool room, those horse heads were even scarier in real life than in the bed of a mafia boss on film.

Sausages are not really my cup of tea, but I buy them occasionally for the BBQ and there are some nice one's around, chicken and mango, beef with red wine and garlic - nice.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:24 am
Banned

Location: Portsmouth, well I went there once, I think, and Australia
Wendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really nice

So you must have shopped at supermarkets in the UK then?

So it is OK for you generalise about things in the UK but then get very Selective when it comes to Australia

What a surprise
Wrong again, I haven't shopped at supermarkets in blighty. Is there something wrong with you pal?
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:27 am
Bitter and twisted

Wrong again, I haven't shopped at supermarkets in blighty. Is there something wrong with you pal?
You still here?

I thought this had become an adult conversation....run along and play like a good little boy/girl
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:33 am
Banned

Location: Portsmouth, well I went there once, I think, and Australia
Wendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really niceWendee is just really nice

You still here?

I thought this had become an adult conversation....run along and play like a good little boy/girl
Just couldn't hack the pace eh? Poms these days just aren't up to it are they
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:35 am
Bitter and twisted

Just couldn't hack the pace eh? Poms these days just aren't up to it are they
Obviously weren't in your day either

Or are you a convict?......that would explain the bitterness.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:39 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

Every local butcher and most supermarkets here sell a bewildering selection of sausages in every combination you can imagine.
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:42 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by chris955
Every local butcher and most supermarkets here sell a bewildering selection of sausages in every combination you can imagine.
They do in Australia as well to be fair.......they are mostly shite though
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:43 am
Banned

chris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond reputechris955 has a reputation beyond repute

You really do come across as very bitter and twisted, why the need to be so abusive and inflexible ?
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:45 am
Banned

They do in Australia as well to be fair.......they are mostly shite though
It was primarily in reference to this ridiculous statement '
Pommie sausages are generally bland pork and little variety compared to Oz'
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 11:46 am
Bitter and twisted

Originally Posted by chris955
It was primarily in reference to this ridiculous statement '
Pommie sausages are generally bland pork and little variety compared to Oz'
Agreed....a truly bizarre statement

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.