Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tattoo Removal Cream?

Tattoo Removal Cream?

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:12 am
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Tattoo Removal Cream?

I have tattoos - lots of them - people do look at you rather strangely sometimes - all I say is F*&^ em - if they cant see past them they are not worth knowing - truly lifes too short to worry what others think.

I never regret having them done - they are who I am but on occassion short sleeves just do not feel right so I understand where you are coming from - but is it really worth the pain, scaring and expense of having them removed?

Just my thoughts.

Good Luck

Sass xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:12 am
Account Closed

ELLJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mashy
Seriously Elljay, DON`T worry about what other people think. If they can`t see the person past the tatts, then it truly IS their loss.

Enjoy the concert
thanks mashy for your good wishes,

lj
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:14 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by sassycat
I have tattoos - lots of them - people do look at you rather strangely sometimes - all I say is F*&^ em - if they cant see past them they are not worth knowing - truly lifes too short to worry what others think.

I never regret having them done - they are who I am but on occassion short sleeves just do not feel right so I understand where you are coming from - but is it really worth the pain, scaring and expense of having them removed?

Just my thoughts.

Good Luck

Sass xxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks Sass,

lj xx
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:16 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ELLJAY
Has anyone had any experience of tattoo removal cream?
Does it work - or is it just a scam?
The brand i've heard of is TatBGone.

I'd appreciate any views on this subject, Cheers, L-j
Lindsay sorry but I doubt it would work. Even with modern pulsed light and laser treatments tattoos are not removed completely. I would be amazed if there was a cream invented that could do this. I used to work for a dermatologist and we used to do pulsed light therapy for tattoos. It worked really well for the blue/black tattoos but not so good if you have red/yellow/green in your tattoos. It took a number of treatments and was very expensive.

Jackie x
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 9:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mrs JFW
Lindsay sorry but I doubt it would work. Even with modern pulsed light and laser treatments tattoos are not removed completely. I would be amazed if there was a cream invented that could do this. I used to work for a dermatologist and we used to do pulsed light therapy for tattoos. It worked really well for the blue/black tattoos but not so good if you have red/yellow/green in your tattoos. It took a number of treatments and was very expensive.

Jackie x
Thanx jackie - guess it'll be a long-sleeved hot summer for me
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 10:06 am
barlow brickie

ferguson641120 will become famous soon enoughferguson641120 will become famous soon enough

Has anyone had any experience of tattoo removal cream?
Does it work - or is it just a scam?
The brand i've heard of is TatBGone.

I'd appreciate any views on this subject, Cheers, L-j
hi there

i would strongly advise not to use any cream for tattoo removal, my friend did the same and he burnt his skin and now it is badly scared.

i believe the only safe way to remove a tattoo is by having laser.
i am currently having three tattoos removed at the moment, its £50 per session and i need to have 6 sessions. its also painful but worth it as i hate them. my dad had the same treatment on two very large tattoos and he hasn't got any scars whatsoever.

i hope this helps

kind regards
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 10:12 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by ferguson641120
hi there

i would strongly advise not to use any cream for tattoo removal, my friend did the same and he burnt his skin and now it is badly scared.

i believe the only safe way to remove a tattoo is by having laser.
i am currently having three tattoos removed at the moment, its £50 per session and i need to have 6 sessions. its also painful but worth it as i hate them. my dad had the same treatment on two very large tattoos and he hasn't got any scars whatsoever.

i hope this helps

kind regards
Thanks for the advice - the laser does seem the way to go. Guess i'll start making enquiries - and saving up.
Thanks again for replying, lj
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 10:20 am
barlow brickie

ferguson641120 will become famous soon enoughferguson641120 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the advice - the laser does seem the way to go. Guess i'll start making enquiries - and saving up.
it does hurt a little bit more than a tattoo but it only lasts for 2 minutes at the most and i have it done every 6 weeks so its not too bad. in my opinion is really worth it.

good luck sweetie

jade
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:19 am
Anyone seen my coat???

chopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nicechopper boy is just really nice

Originally Posted by sassycat

Just my thoughts.

Good Luck

Sass xxxxxxxxxxxx
Ayup Sass,
i'm from sunny Bournemouth, Winton and Queens Park to be precise.
Had alot of my Tatts done in Kelly's in Charminster, have you had any done by him??
Trying to find a good shop here!!

Cheers.
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 11:25 am
Account Closed

sassycat is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chopper boy
Ayup Sass,
i'm from sunny Bournemouth, Winton and Queens Park to be precise.
Had alot of my Tatts done in Kelly's in Charminster, have you had any done by him??
Trying to find a good shop here!!

Cheers.

Hey Hon

Im from Parkstone - still here Still boring and chuffin freezin

Yeah I know Kelly's - all mine were done at Ray's in Boscombe tho

Where are you now then and how long you been there?

Love Sass xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 12:00 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

If they are quite small it shouldnt take too long or cost that much to remove by laser the worst colour to remove is blue apparently
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 12:01 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rachie241
If they are quite small it shouldnt take too long or cost that much to remove by laser the worst colour to remove is blue apparently
On the tattoo tip...wheres the best place to get inked in Western Australia?
Or Oz in general? I have two and want some more...not sure if the sun will fade the colours though? But I will not be going out without at least a factor 50 on as I burn easily!!
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 12:06 pm

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pogsy
Must have seen this!
PMSL
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

esperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond reputeesperanza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mashy
I`ve yet to have people talk to me in the playground whether my tatts are covered or showing If they can`t see past the tatts, it says more about THEM than you.
This is a fair point, and I admire any one who is strong enough to live by it - however we have to live day to day in the real world, and if someone wants to deliberately choose to 'fit in' to make their life easier and make themselves happier then I can fully understand that.
I'm quite a fan of 'meaningful' tattoos that have stories behind them. I think if I could think of a design that I thought would always be meaningful to me then I would get one done, but I haven't thought of one yet....
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 2:16 pm

possoms is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lindsay

I've been have my tatts removed by laser for the last few months, seriously doubt a cream will work.

The laser doesnt burn layers of skin off it goes through the skin to attack the scabs under the ink these are what holds the tatt in place, by destroying them your body then pushes the ink out ... does that make any sense

I've got a little one on my boob, had 6 sessions and its nearly gone the big one on my shoulder will take a lot longer.

anyhoo yep its expensive costs £60 a session, have to wait a month between sessions and can take up to 20 sessions to remove, its very painful and you cant get the area wet or go in the sun until scabs come off (about a week in my case).

saying all this I am glad I've had it done, I just could not bear the sight of em anymore and I cant wait to be able to wear something nice without them on show.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.