Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Tailgating!!! What is the point?

Tailgating!!! What is the point?

Old Jan 28th 2009, 2:44 am
BE Enthusiast

suzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to allsuzyt is a name known to all
Default Re: Tailgating!!! What is the point?

Originally Posted by markallwood
Funny names for kids? But nowadays I guess people are calling their children all sorts of different things.
very funny I didnt think of that whilst typing
Old Jan 28th 2009, 3:12 am
Sharon

irishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud ofirishfamily has much to be proud of

I gentle put my foot on te brake and if they hit me well they should have been keeping there distance shoud`nt they lol
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this is just a Sydney habit, and apologies if it's been mentioned before, but I find that no one lets you out either turning right from a junction, merging when the right or left lane suddenly ends or trying to overtake parked cars and buses. Very annoying.

I used to get very annoyed at middle lane hogs back home but I love the fact you just undertake them across here.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 5:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Nice try. However, spend any time driving around my old home town in the UK and then drive around my current home town, and the quality in the driving here is very obvious (compared to my old home town etc etc etc) We all have different perceptions and different experiences.
Where I come from it's really bad!! I tried many a time to learn to drive, but always got scared witless and stopped my lessons.

This is how bad it was there: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=568526

Originally Posted by tartankoala
Not sure if this is just a Sydney habit, and apologies if it's been mentioned before, but I find that no one lets you out either turning right from a junction, merging when the right or left lane suddenly ends or trying to overtake parked cars and buses. Very annoying.

I used to get very annoyed at middle lane hogs back home but I love the fact you just undertake them across here.
Adelaide people are pretty courteous really. From driving a lot doing the temping work, I do see lots of people letting others out and also a lot of thank you waves from people being let out.

Can't speak for other cities around Aus though.
Old Jan 28th 2009, 6:51 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by tartankoala
I always thought it was just a Sydney thing, and Western Sydney at that.

When driving in North Sydney, the drivers were a lot better, and when we came to QLD, well, everyone was so nice and polite, and used the left lanes, and let you in etc.

However, all that was quite some years ago now. More people have moved to QLD, and the style of driving has changed.

The question is, do we copy and do the same thing ?

Old Jan 28th 2009, 7:22 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
I always thought it was just a Sydney thing, and Western Sydney at that.

When driving in North Sydney, the drivers were a lot better, and when we came to QLD, well, everyone was so nice and polite, and used the left lanes, and let you in etc.

However, all that was quite some years ago now. More people have moved to QLD, and the style of driving has changed.

The question is, do we copy and do the same thing ?
Nah, I usually let people in (unless they've quite obviously undertook a queue of traffic to push in at the front) - what goes around comes around, karma and all that.