Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

"Stumble Inn" - the Barbie's very own pub

"Stumble Inn" - the Barbie's very own pub

Old Dec 13th 2015, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: "Stumble Inn" - the Barbie's very own pub

Originally Posted by Pollyana

After the week I've had, and two busy day shifts I may drink the pub dry tonight.

Someone just suggested a do a day shift tomorrow instead of a night..... 3 in a row? They have to be kidding Three in a row this week would be just asking for me to knife someone

More beer waiter!!
here have some more...the wine is for when you have drunk the pub out of all the beer.
Old Dec 13th 2015, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinephillips

here have some more...the wine is for when you have drunk the pub out of all the beer.
Always a good thing. A wine for you.
Old Dec 13th 2015, 9:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alfresco
Always a good thing. A wine for you.
for each of you!
Old Dec 14th 2015, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

for each of you!
Old Dec 17th 2015, 5:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

There isn't a rolling about on the floor drunkenly smilie is there?

I need a real drink- turns out my foot is broken. I'm due to go to Japan in a fortnight. So NOT wearing a boot. It hurts more in the boot than without it. Painkillers and booze don't mix.

Beware of ironing in bare feet.
Old Dec 18th 2015, 5:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond reputeKim67 has a reputation beyond repute

There isn't a rolling about on the floor drunkenly smilie is there?

I need a real drink- turns out my foot is broken. I'm due to go to Japan in a fortnight. So NOT wearing a boot. It hurts more in the boot than without it. Painkillers and booze don't mix.

Beware of ironing in bare feet.
Oh no, that's crap. Will have a drink for you tonight.
Old Dec 19th 2015, 6:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Kim67
Oh no, that's crap. Will have a drink for you tonight.
Well, the bruising is fading now and I'm off the strong painkillers so I can drink up some of our ever growing collection of champagne with some friends.
Old Jan 10th 2016, 8:02 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

So there I am today, supping a nice Tassie wine with a pleasant Greek couple who have been in Melbourne for over 40 years and just visiting Tassie for the first time.
Lovely lady, we had a few laughs, then she said she went to London once and would never visit the UK again! The tour guide asked her why, and she said she couldn't undstand why you should have to flick a switch to get hot water, why did we not all have garages built onto our houses to stop people parking in the street, and -the deal-breaker- she didn't like using toilets where you had to put the paper into a bucket next to the loo, and wasn't it time that the English learnt about flushing toilets Apparently she stayed with friends "somewhere near that Palace, Buckinghamshire I think....." and they had an outside loo with no flush........further investigation proved that she visited the UK in the late 60s but doesn't believe things will have changed.

The tour guide did have the presence of mind to ask me if I had moved to Australia because I liked the idea of flushing toilets
Old Jan 10th 2016, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So there I am today, supping a nice Tassie wine with a pleasant Greek couple who have been in Melbourne for over 40 years and just visiting Tassie for the first time.
Lovely lady, we had a few laughs, then she said she went to London once and would never visit the UK again! The tour guide asked her why, and she said she couldn't undstand why you should have to flick a switch to get hot water, why did we not all have garages built onto our houses to stop people parking in the street, and -the deal-breaker- she didn't like using toilets where you had to put the paper into a bucket next to the loo, and wasn't it time that the English learnt about flushing toilets Apparently she stayed with friends "somewhere near that Palace, Buckinghamshire I think....." and they had an outside loo with no flush........further investigation proved that she visited the UK in the late 60s but doesn't believe things will have changed.

The tour guide did have the presence of mind to ask me if I had moved to Australia because I liked the idea of flushing toilets
Just got back from Japan, and they have high tech loos. I liked the warm seats, but some were automatic flushes and some had a lever or button to push. I made the mistake of pushing a button once.....a high powered jet of water shot up my jacksie!! I did let out a yelp, but I think it was mostly covered by the birdsong and running water noises that play when you sit down to disguise the noises of bodily functions.
Old Jan 10th 2016, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

WombatStew is an unknown quantity at this point

She won't like Tassie then! Lol!
Mine's a Ghost Rock white...not fussy which!
Old Jan 11th 2016, 7:21 am
Home and Happy

For any Fawlty Towers fans out there.....you listening Ozzieeagle?

Walked into the hotel restaurant tonight, Woman at desk says "oh, someone is already at the table for your room, I suppose I'll have to seat you somewhere else, how annoying, Sit here, Table Eight.
So I sit down
Couple of minutes later guy from desk comes over and sasy "you're at the wrong table, thats table Nine, Its tuesday."
.Woman comes back, and says "No, its Monday so thats Table Eight"
bloke comes back and says "It'd be quicker to train a monkey....."

At that point I lost it and asked if I should move, and was she from Barcelona, but I don't think he got the joks....
Old Jan 11th 2016, 7:27 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by WombatStew
She hadn't been outisde the main cities except on nice guided tours. Saw one of the huts for the walkers on the Overland Track and she wanted to know where the air con was, so........
Old Jan 11th 2016, 7:53 am
Just Joined

WombatStew is an unknown quantity at this point

She hadn't been outisde the main cities except on nice guided tours. Saw one of the huts for the walkers on the Overland Track and she wanted to know where the air con was, so........
Priceless!
Old Jan 11th 2016, 11:13 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by WombatStew
Haven't tried that but I have a few days in Hobart with numerous bottle shops, so will look out for Ghost Rock The hotel I use has a stunning bottle shop below it, masses of European beers ,,,,,, I always max out my luggage allowance going back to Brisbane!
Are you a Tasmanian - by birth or migration!?
Old Jan 11th 2016, 1:31 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Bowie at full volume on the jukebox please..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.