Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Strange names and the poor kids........

Wikiposts

Strange names and the poor kids........

Old Aug 3rd 2008, 10:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all
Default Re: Strange names and the poor kids........

New baby next door is called Harmony...sister to Chelsea, Amy, Zoe and Ebony. Nice names, I thought.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 1:06 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

My daughters are called Chloe - very common over here for her age (13) but when she was born in America people hadn't heard of the name. Cora is named after a character in the film "Titanic" - Jack dances with a wee girl in the paupers section of the ship and that was her name - always liked it when I heard it

Lynn xx
Old Aug 4th 2008, 3:32 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

I have 4 boys Ben,Connor,Ryan & Keane (not kee-an more Keen!!)and we have alot of "ooh thats nice" and "is that a surname?" but we just loved it and I now have a daughter Heidi-Jane

My hubby is called Jerad...the christmas cards a a real blast !!! all the possible spellings of his name you could imagine!!
Old Aug 4th 2008, 3:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jerzo
I have 4 boys Ben,Connor,Ryan & Keane (not kee-an more Keen!!)and we have alot of "ooh thats nice" and "is that a surname?" but we just loved it and I now have a daughter Heidi-Jane

My hubby is called Jerad...the christmas cards a a real blast !!! all the possible spellings of his name you could imagine!!
Wow, 5 children, could you tell kev how good it is cos i would love another 1.

I love the name Annie, and if i had another girl i would call her Annie Grace.

Annie cos it was my mums name and Grace, cos i like it, and ANNE means Grace.

congrats on brand new Heidi-Jane.

cute name by the way.

Nickie
Old Aug 4th 2008, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

steveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to beholdsteveandtina is a splendid one to behold

Working in a pre school we have some strange names coming through that you have to feel sorry for thekids when they grow up

My ex Brother in law is call Dan he has a sister Joanne and a brother wayne and this really is true but their surname is KING

so you have dunking, joking and well you can guess the other one. What parents ah

18 years ago I called my son Mitchell and people thought that was strange
Old Aug 4th 2008, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by steveandtina
Working in a pre school we have some strange names coming through that you have to feel sorry for thekids when they grow up

My ex Brother in law is call Dan he has a sister Joanne and a brother wayne and this really is true but their surname is KING

so you have dunking, joking and well you can guess the other one. What parents ah

18 years ago I called my son Mitchell and people thought that was strange
Oh dear. bless their hearts.

I work in a preschool also and the name Harvey wasnt heard off in the 6 years i had been there...until my Harvey came along and then we had 3 enrol and a mum became preggie again and called the baby...yep!! HARVEY!!!

There are some mad surnames around arent there....harvey has a friend whose surname is Pratt!! My maiden name was Woodcock.
Kev works with a chap named Adrian Willy....his parents were gonna call him John Thomas but obviously thought better.
can you imagine if id married him...id have gone from having a woodcock to being a willy!!! dunno whats worse.

Nickie
Old Aug 4th 2008, 5:41 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
and Nayanas in his pre-school!!
Is that dyslexic for Banana

Jaxson "with and X" is far more classy that with a "ck" apparently.

The guy out of "My name is Earl"'s son is called "Pilot Inspektor" WTF?
Old Aug 4th 2008, 6:48 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by hevs
Is that dyslexic for Banana

Jaxson "with and X" is far more classy that with a "ck" apparently.

The guy out of "My name is Earl"'s son is called "Pilot Inspektor" WTF?
Pilot inspektor lee some name that eh?? his name is so normal too Jason Lee why would you give your child such a stupid name?

jackson with an x is just wrong there's alot of weird spellings for names now.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 6:50 pm

kez81 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by asher
my niece is called Olivia we wondered what my new nephew would be called and are a bit bemused by Zak!!

my youngest son was called Jamie as I didn't want James I liked Jamie but of course people call him Jimmy
my brother is jamie also he gets asked if his proper name is james, i noticed people tend to spell it jaime now.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 8:51 pm

asher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond reputeasher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kez81
my brother is jamie also he gets asked if his proper name is james, i noticed people tend to spell it jaime now.
why do people call someone called Jamie .....Jimmie Jammy or Jim? whats wrong with Jamie
Old Aug 4th 2008, 8:53 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by asher
why do people call someone called Jamie .....Jimmie Jammy or Jim? whats wrong with Jamie
My perception of the name Jamie is that it is a young boys name. My brother is a Jamie and now as he is a 30+ man (even with the arrival of Jamie Oliver) he hates his name and calls himself Jimmy.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

JoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to allJoanL is a name known to all

We called our eldest lad James, in full consideration he could use Jamie, Jim etc if he wanted. BUT, for reasons totally beyond my comprehension, and in spite of his broad Yorkshire parents, he grew up speaking 'posh', and remains 'James'.

(His younger brother - same parents of course, same schools, is broad Aussie, and uses 'Dave' instead of the 'David' we named him.)

I guess we gave them choices, and they took them.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 12:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

I love old names and all the children of the newest generation in our family have old names often taken from the family tree they are so far John,Rupert,Henry,Fenella,Arthur,Grace, Florence.
Old Aug 5th 2008, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

jerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud ofjerzo has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Nickie And Kev
Wow, 5 children, could you tell kev how good it is cos i would love another 1.

I love the name Annie, and if i had another girl i would call her Annie Grace.

Annie cos it was my mums name and Grace, cos i like it, and ANNE means Grace.

congrats on brand new Heidi-Jane.

cute name by the way.

Nickie
I fully recommend having another one Nickie....she the most placid,chilled out baby i've had and from what I remember you have 4 dont you??? so one more won't make much of a difference.....except a few surprise comments like " seating for how many??" (Pizza Hut) and " are they ALL yours?" ....No , I just picked up a few strays on my way here

I love having a big family but sometimes I do wish I had been more adventurous with their names , i'll just get a dog and give it the most bizzarre name I can think of

Zoe xx
Old Aug 5th 2008, 12:32 am
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

We were in a restaurant other week and these 2 kids were at table next to us. The girl was called Adelaide (ok not too bad as she was born there), here brother was called banjo!!! ******* banjo lol (dwanonownow)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.