Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Stop taking about your kids...

Stop taking about your kids...

Old Sep 1st 2009, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stop taking about your kids...

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I used to work with a Scouser who was always banging on about "R Kelly" it took me quite a while to twig that she wasn't actually referring to R&B artist but in fact her daughter "our Kelly"
I had a similar eminem/m & m incident way back. Shocker. Felt like my Dad....
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 12:25 am
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I used to work with a Scouser who was always banging on about "R Kelly" it took me quite a while to twig that she wasn't actually referring to R&B artist but in fact her daughter "our Kelly"
Yes, this was a scouser too.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

merleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Sherro
Why do some people feel the need to spend their whole lives talking about their children? I work with a woman who, not only content with having a shrine on her desk of her kids, uses any opportunity to talk about "Jack" and "Chloe" when ever any topic might come up that is remotely anything to do with children. Every Monday morning sales meeting I dread the "So, what did you get up to on the weekend" only to spend the next 15 minutes listening to said woman's constand crapping on about her kids, from their bowl movements to achievements at Auskick.

This morning I sat on the train and a gobby woman sat next to me with her husband and a friend and spent the next 45 minutes talkig about her kids, nothing else, from grusome operations through to registering them at Caulfield grammer when they were 6 months old cos you have to.

I am not bitter and twisted before I start to get the wrath of mums out there who find my post annoying, I am infact very pro kiddies but cant understand why some people, (men as much as women) seem to assume everyone is interested in hearing about their kids all the time and they go from being quite interesting to people to "dummy mummies/daddies" spouting nothing at all but constant crap about their children.....

I'd love to say being a pom that Australians are worst for this but my Brothers wife (who is from Cambridge dont you know) is the worst offender..

I suppose I could just be a miserable sod but one of the other girls at work brought it up first
i've got kids of my own but i agree - it can be very annoying. i only talk about my kids in like minded company eg when we are all having a moan about them as opposed to a bragging session.

what i find hilarious is the amount of people on migration websites whose kids are truly gifted - they are always looking for the best schools because their kids are "very bright" or gifted blah blah. doesnt anyone with thick kids emigrate?? one of mine is pretty thick. lucky he's gorgeous as he wont be going to oxford!!
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:26 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by merleoberon
i've got kids of my own but i agree - it can be very annoying. i only talk about my kids in like minded company eg when we are all having a moan about them as opposed to a bragging session.

what i find hilarious is the amount of people on migration websites whose kids are truly gifted - they are always looking for the best schools because their kids are "very bright" or gifted blah blah. doesnt anyone with thick kids emigrate?? one of mine is pretty thick. lucky he's gorgeous as he wont be going to oxford!!
Somehow I have the feeling that I've been set up
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

merleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to beholdmerleoberon is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by paulry
Somehow I have the feeling that I've been set up
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Burbage
The thicker the parents are the more likely they are to think their kid is a genius.

Guess there is a LOT of thickos on the North Shore!! Every second child who can breathe is holding many a parent spellbound at the park. I even heard one mum say of a child that cannot speak at 3 that she wanted him tested for gifted status????

Begs belief....(the child was called Rhubarb I kid you not)...
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by plantpot
Guess there is a LOT of thickos on the North Shore!! Every second child who can breathe is holding many a parent spellbound at the park. I even heard one mum say of a child that cannot speak at 3 that she wanted him tested for gifted status????

does the reverse also happen ie the more intelligent the parent the more likely they are to think their kid is thick?? does this make me really clever??

i cant believe someone called their kid Rhubarb what was their surname -Ncustard??
maybe it was Rhupert as in the bear?? did he have tartan trousers on?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

pompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to beholdpompeyblonde is a splendid one to behold

we don't talk about the girls we pulled at the weekend, or the 10 pints of lager we consumed -
Where as non-parents do? We do more than just get pissed and party every night you know!!.....errrrr
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:27 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

you made me laugh. that was very good and very refreshing
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by seang
you made me laugh. that was very good and very refreshing
yeah - looks from me, brains from his father
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:14 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

plantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of lightplantpot is a glorious beacon of light

What? Laugh kookaburra laugh gay your life must be?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:27 pm
Banned

What? Laugh kookaburra laugh gay your life must be?
I couldn't find a clip of the R&C birds laughing from the trees. It was the best substitute I could find.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:40 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

lucky he's gorgeous as he wont be going to oxford!!
And that's another problem, every parent thinks their kids are 'gorgeous'

Have you ever seen an ugly baby/kid and thought 'god what an ugly kid' lol. But we as parents always think our kids are gorgeous, even if they're ugly hahaha.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
And that's another problem, every parent thinks their kids are 'gorgeous'

Have you ever seen an ugly baby/kid and thought 'god what an ugly kid' lol. But we as parents always think our kids are gorgeous, even if they're ugly hahaha.
Whats ugly?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.