Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Stop taking about your kids...

Wikiposts

Stop taking about your kids...

Old Aug 30th 2009, 5:11 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Stop taking about your kids...

Originally Posted by Dorothy
In that case you just say "he/she's breathtaking".

I think I just wet myself mate
Old Aug 30th 2009, 5:28 pm
Demi-God

Burbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond reputeBurbage has a reputation beyond repute

The thicker the parents are the more likely they are to think their kid is a genius.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

Insinc will become famous soon enoughInsinc will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Burbage
The thicker the parents are the more likely they are to think their kid is a genius.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 5:43 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Burbage
Ooops...... too late
Old Aug 30th 2009, 9:32 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Crow
There's a particular Mum at school I have to steer well clear of. Blimey, if it's not her son's genius, it's her daughter's callapathetics (or whatever it's called!!) - she's also a genius.

Though had to bite my tongue when her son - whose disruptive behaviour is, of course, caused by his highly gifted brain - failed miserably to reach my daughter's scores (who is 18 months younger than him).
There is a particular poster who if you read through the treads 95% start my sone, my daughter, my clients

If you know, it is true
Old Aug 30th 2009, 10:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Have to be honest, if you have pre-schoolers they do take over a sizeable portion of your life.

Quite often at work kids come up because it's what we have in common - we don't talk about the girls we pulled at the weekend, or the 10 pints of lager we consumed - singles ask about your weekend - and you say - took the kids for a walk (I did too!) .etc etc...I almost offer it as an apology..I often leave work to go home to the same - and forgo an after-work drink..all I am missing is a set of slippers..

when you are going through the pre-school phase, it is easy to search out people in the same boat.

I'm sure all that is different from people who want to bang on about it all the time so you have my sympathy.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I don't get people who bring the babies into work.

I don't want to see your chubby, pink, bald, ugly baby. Thanks.
Originally Posted by spartacus
Me neither . . . on one occassion the baby in question was SOOOO ****IN UGLY I was, quite literally, lost for words . . . couldn't even muster an 'aah' . . . very nearly let loose an 'euuurgh' . . .
Let's face it, most babies are not attractive at all. I made an honest point of writing off the first few months. They'll come good.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 10:58 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack
Let's face it, most babies are not attractive at all. I made an honest point of writing off the first few months. They'll come good.
After 9 months scrutched up inside they need some time too unravel.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 11:00 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BadgeIsBack

Em x
Old Aug 31st 2009, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

aasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud ofaasmith1957 has much to be proud of

Is it ok to talk about your grandies ? We have another grandchild due in 3 weeks woohoo.(number 4).Will be counting the cost at christmas: house wrecked,screaming kids,bugger all food left in pantry and having to share our bed with 3 under 5s when we just want to sleep as we are worn out!! (bless them).,no we talk about them most days,the things they have said or done while on the phone or been dobbed on by their parents. We tend to talk about the grandkids on the way home after a visit down to Perth for the weekend "Thank f&&k we are going home to peace and quiet".(joking naturally Personally couldn't be an older parent,don't know how they cope.Seriously though, most people introduce kids into a conversation as a way of including people,that and some stay at home mums feel they are turning into cabbages with little adult interaction.(i felt that), before returning to work when my youngest was three,she's 25 and the one who is due. (just thought i would tell you all again).
Attached Thumbnails Stop taking about your kids...-kids-xmas-2008-292.jpg   Stop taking about your kids...-grandies-005.jpg   Stop taking about your kids...-grandies-055.jpg  
Old Aug 31st 2009, 11:09 am

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aasmith1957
Is it ok to talk about your grandies ? We have another grandchild due in 3 weeks woohoo.(number 4).Will be counting the cost at christmas: house wrecked,screaming kids,bugger all food left in pantry and having to share our bed with 3 under 5s when we just want to sleep as we are worn out!! (bless them).,no we talk about them most days,the things they have said or done while on the phone or been dobbed on by their parents. We tend to talk about the grandkids on the way home after a visit down to Perth for the weekend "Thank f&&k we are going home to peace and quiet".(joking naturally Personally couldn't be an older parent,don't know how they cope.Seriously though, most people introduce kids into a conversation as a way of including people,that and some stay at home mums feel they are turning into cabbages with little adult interaction.(i felt that), before returning to work when my youngest was three,she's 25 and the one who is due. (just thought i would tell you all again).
Awwww, they're cute. For children.

Old Sep 1st 2009, 8:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

RenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond reputeRenShen has a reputation beyond repute

I love my kids. All parents do. Its a "given". But when I escape them the last thing I want to to is bang on about them all bloody day.

If somebody actually asks me about them, yes, I have a quick conversation. Other than that, particularly at work, they don't get a mention.

I worked with a lady who's daughter was called Laura. The mum always referred to her as "our Laura". We got every detail from the morning nappy to what she had for dinner and what story she gave her at bed time. After a short time the poor child was referred to by me and my colleagues as "our- laura- bore- the- arse- off".
Old Sep 1st 2009, 8:14 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=the troubadour;7890347]spoilt rotton and treated as little emperors.
QUOTE]

If you want to see spoilt, little emperors, come to Italy.
Then they turn into spoilt, lazy mamma's boys!
Old Sep 1st 2009, 8:16 pm
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RenShen
I love my kids. All parents do. Its a "given". But when I escape them the last thing I want to to is bang on about them all bloody day.

If somebody actually asks me about them, yes, I have a quick conversation. Other than that, particularly at work, they don't get a mention.

I worked with a lady who's daughter was called Laura. The mum always referred to her as "our Laura". We got every detail from the morning nappy to what she had for dinner and what story she gave her at bed time. After a short time the poor child was referred to by me and my colleagues as "our- laura- bore- the- arse- off".
I used to work with a Scouser who was always banging on about "R Kelly" it took me quite a while to twig that she wasn't actually referring to R&B artist but in fact her daughter "our Kelly"
Old Sep 1st 2009, 8:19 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
I used to work with a Scouser who was always banging on about "R Kelly" it took me quite a while to twig that she wasn't actually referring to R&B artist but in fact her daughter "our Kelly"

Genius...

S

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.