Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Stop taking about your kids...

Wikiposts

Stop taking about your kids...

Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:08 pm

TiddlyPom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stop taking about your kids...

Originally Posted by Broad Shoulders
Indeed it was
Damn.

Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:09 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TiddlyPom
I don't think so. I don't think anyone's noticed. (Apart from you)

I did

I love your mum.

Mum's are always right.

I'm a mum. Did I mention that?

Ah but do you have a Mum's perspective on things?

Speaking of Mums, mine says thanks for the picture of Pete and Rog!

S
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I don't mind people talking about their kids. I hate it when people bang on about property though - how much their home/investment properties are worth.
Agreed also a real bore.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
I did
Sorry. The moaning and spitting vitriol got me down.

Ah but do you have a Mum's perspective on things?

Speaking of Mums, mine says thanks for the picture of Pete and Rog!

S
I have MY perspective on things. Partly being a mother has shaped that to some extent, but I try to keep to my *'Three F's' policy in life and so far, it's working well.

Glad you liked the pic. That was a rocking concert wasn't it!!!

*The Three F's explained:
**** You
**** Off
Get ****ed
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Agreed also a real bore.
Let's talk about the petfood you fed the kids.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:17 pm
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. The moaning and spitting vitriol got me down.

I have MY perspective on things. Partly being a mother has shaped that to some extent, but I try to keep to my *'Three F's' policy in life and so far, it's working well.

Glad you liked the pic. That was a rocking concert wasn't it!!!

*The Three F's explained:
**** You
**** Off
Get ****ed

I think I need to adopt that principle a little more often...

Yes, the concert was awesome. The folks keep asking me if there is a live CD they can buy - I hope they release one. Maybe I should have taken a recorder of some kind.

S

Ps. I'll try and keep the moaning and spitting vitriol down to a minimum from now on...
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Could it be that their children are the main focus of their lives? Did you not go on and on and on and on about your planned migration to Australia? Maybe to the point of people wanting to tell you to shut the hell up? It's human nature to talk about the main thing in our lives, whether it be a new boyfriend/girlfriend, a trip, migration plans, children.
Actually not in the slightest and saying that do know of a few well adjusted parents,whom maintain interests outside of kids and can discuss a broad range of subjects connected often with the wider world,but these may well be,as it sounds, few and far between.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:22 pm

I think I need to adopt that principle a little more often...

Yes, the concert was awesome. The folks keep asking me if there is a live CD they can buy - I hope they release one. Maybe I should have taken a recorder of some kind.

S

Ps. I'll try and keep the moaning and spitting vitriol down to a minimum from now on...
Thank you.

So, let me tell you about my kids....

They're still talking about your dalek impression.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Lord_Farquar
I don't get people who bring the babies into work.

I don't want to see your chubby, pink, bald, ugly baby. Thanks.
Hell no.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:30 pm

Maybe I should have taken a recorder of some kind.

I can't see it myself.

Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Insinc
here here!!

There's more to life, so I find every opportunity to NOT speak about kids, to the point I actively steer conversations away with questions about shows, interests, movies, politics, hairstyles, shoes...ANYTHING...to stop to constant whine of kids crap.
And YES I have my own ankle snappers
You are right of course. One sometimes wonder is conversation these days as dead as a doddo?
Does no one discuss a subject of a slightly intellectual nature?
Ideas,Arts,World Affairs,some of what you already mentioned Insinc.
Perhaps subjective in nature but it is the only way to reach informed opinion with regards to what we,ourselves feel as an individual and how we interpret
our place in the world.
Excessive talk about work,money,property,kids,other people,film,fashion,sport stars,is all rather boring as far as i am concerned.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:57 pm

You are right of course.
Of course.

One sometimes wonder is conversation these days as dead as a doddo?
Is it?

Does no one discuss a subject of a slightly intellectual nature?
Yes they do.

Excessive talk about work,money,property,kids,other people,film,fashion,sport stars,is all rather boring as far as i am concerned.
Are you in one of those emotionally and intelligently devoid areas of Australia?
Perhaps you'd like to talk about pet food statistics some more? I personally thought that might be a fascinating tangent on which to take this thread.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Quite the opposite. I don't really come here at all any more. This is because I'm too busy running the 'Political Science for Mothers Who Are Interested In Having a Conversation Not About Hair group'

But yes, BE was much more interesting for a while. Can you see how desperate I was?
Am glad your despiration has passed.Political Science is a subject that a have a little awarness of..just in case you want a day off.
Old Aug 30th 2009, 5:00 pm

Am glad your despiration has passed.Political Science is a subject that a have a little awarness of..just in case you want a day off.

Eh?
Old Aug 30th 2009, 5:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Hebe
there are certainly a few on here who know/have an opinion on everything - my mum used to say "a Jack of all trades, a master of non"!
And thank heavens for that. We'd be in a right old state if all remained clueless.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.